MrsRowe

BE PATIENT AND LET THE PROCESS WORK!

29 posts in this topic

Why the heck they have to say somthing. I have lots of relatives here and each time I want to meet them they start asking about my wife:

"where is she, why she is not here or when is she coming here or it is taking too long or be patient or the most redicoules thing I may hear from stupid people that these are the best time of your life, as soon as she gets here then you will remember these day. I stop going to see anyone. I don't want them around me and I hate them all. Morons.

And probably that is the reason why we are all here on this forum to talk to eachother and we all know we are the only people who understand eachother very well.

Thank you people!

LingChe's ShortCut

|--IR-1 Graduate--|For my Wife-Done 11/21/2008

|--IR-5 Graduate--|For Parents-Done

|--Citizenship for Spouse

Field Office: San Diego,CA

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/26/2011 N-400 mailed EX to AZ

10/27/2011 Priority Date

10/31/2011 Text Message received

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

11/07/2011 Finger Print letter mailed

11/09/2011 Finger Print letter Received for 11/30/2011

11/14/2011 Finger Print Done(walk-in)

11/28/2011 In Line For Interview

12/09/2011 Interview Scheduled

01/18/2012 Interview Date

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

I know it's not easy hearing "be patient", but take it from someone that been there and STILL going through it, without Patience :wacko: I would have gone CRAZY!!!

:bonk:

Honestly this process has taken years from both my husband and I but, we are counting down the days now :dance:

Good Luck again to all who are still waiting for an approval and I pray (INSHALLAH) that you get it soon!!!!

Nita :luv:

It's not easy but i tell you without patience in this process one is bound to loose their F#*& mind.

Yes, patience is good but after four years of waiting I don't think so. I kind of like to be worry about this process right now and it gives me a good feeling that how much I care about my wife and how much I want her here. And I am sure I can make her happy.

Soon we will be out of this process and happy ending comes true.

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

You are right about that!! I don't go out anymore to be around friends because they ALWAYS ask this stupid question, when is your husband coming??? Why is he not here yet?? aaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggg :bonk:

I probably won't have friends once he gets here..... :rofl:

But this forum has helped a lot!!! :thumbs:

Nita

Why the heck they have to say somthing. I have lots of relatives here and each time I want to meet them they start asking about my wife:

"where is she, why she is not here or when is she coming here or it is taking too long or be patient or the most redicoules thing I may hear from stupid people that these are the best time of your life, as soon as she gets here then you will remember these day. I stop going to see anyone. I don't want them around me and I hate them all. Morons.

And probably that is the reason why we are all here on this forum to talk to eachother and we all know we are the only people who understand eachother very well.

Thank you people!

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
I know it's not easy hearing "be patient", but take it from someone that been there and STILL going through it, without Patience :wacko: I would have gone CRAZY!!!

Honestly this process has taken years from both my husband and I but, we are counting down the days now :dance:

Good Luck again to all who are still waiting for an approval and I pray (INSHALLAH) that you get it soon!!!!

It's not easy but i tell you without patience in this process one is bound to loose their F#*& mind.

Yes, patience is good but after four years of waiting I don't think so. I kind of like to be worry about this process right now and it gives me a good feeling that how much I care about my wife and how much I want her here. And I am sure I can make her happy.

What happened to your case? Why have you been waiting 4 years for?

Vermont Service Center:

11-23-2007: I-130 Sent

01-25-2008: I-130 NOA1 Received

08-26-2008: I-130 NOA2 Approved

NVC:

09-02-2008: NVC RECEIVED CASE

11-19-2008: CASE COMPLETE

Consulate:

Interview @ Skopje, Macedonia

January 20th, 2009

I was married in 2004 and she wasn't included in my greencard (crazy circumstances).

I just became a USC two weeks ago, and I upgraded my case but they still processing it. I hope I get somthing soon specially since my case is outside of the posted processing time.

I am little nervous and hyper to get this done. During the last five and half year, I have been dealing with USCIS and I am tired of them. I don't see any improvments as I have been on different website from 2003 and they won't correct their mistakes and their job is to simply piss you off. Like most of the govermental agencies.

I am really happy seeing lots of people are almost done with their process. Seperation is really hard even for one day only. I think I came to the point that I really appreciate many thing in my life.

Goodluck

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

When we first file my husband was not a USC hence the wait and we HAD to learn patience

Are you guys together now I think your timeline is not complete and left out in March.

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel your pain.. and can understand it.

It is frustrating, questions.. people who seem to know all about it.. even if they are not living it..

We are.. Thank Goodness for Visajourney!!

Quote for the day!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says... 'Oh ####....she's awake!!!'

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Cindy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Oh I TOTALLY underatand you!!! Our process is similar!! I was also a LPR when I filed for my husband, and get this I been trying to become a US Citizen for 12 years, so I am with you when it comes to USCIS!!!

And supposely once you upgrade they are suppose to continue where they left off, meaning that they have months of work (yeah right) on your process already and it should only be a couple more months for the approval... Well for us it took additional 8 months work :bonk: WHAT the HECK!!!! And I been separated from my love going on 3.5 years so I am feeling you!!!

Lets hope this process ends soon with an approval for you all!! INSHALLAH (GOD Willing :luv: )

nita

I was married in 2004 and she wasn't included in my greencard (crazy circumstances).

I just became a USC two weeks ago, and I upgraded my case but they still processing it. I hope I get somthing soon specially since my case is outside of the posted processing time.

I am little nervous and hyper to get this done. During the last five and half year, I have been dealing with USCIS and I am tired of them. I don't see any improvments as I have been on different website from 2003 and they won't correct their mistakes and their job is to simply piss you off. Like most of the govermental agencies.

I am really happy seeing lots of people are almost done with their process. Seperation is really hard even for one day only. I think I came to the point that I really appreciate many thing in my life.

Goodluck

Edited by Nita&Assaad

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
When we first file my husband was not a USC hence the wait and we HAD to learn patience

Are you guys together now I think your timeline is not complete and left out in March.

Yep still together. I just dont post as much as for the time line i try to update it but i always seem to have problems with it....sorry

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Oh I TOTALLY underatand you!!! Our process is similar!! I was also a LPR when I filed for my husband, and get this I been trying to become a US Citizen for 12 years, so I am with you when it comes to USCIS!!!

And supposely once you upgrade they are suppose to continue where they left off, meaning that they have months of work (yeah right) on your process already and it should only be a couple more months for the approval... Well for us it took additional 8 months work :bonk: WHAT the HECK!!!! And I been separated from my love going on 3.5 years so I am feeling you!!!

Lets hope this process ends soon with an approval for you all!! INSHALLAH (GOD Willing :luv: )

nita

Well, I received a letter stating that they have to finish processing our case in 60 days. Because the case now is outside of the normal processing time, they usually take care of it faster. With our case beeing touched 9 time in 15 days, I hope they make a decision soon.

I haven't seen any movement in the last two days. Lets see.

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Timeline

you're patience would mean nothing if you sit back and wait for uscis or the us government to help you through your situation. regardless of what you do u have to wait but that doesn't mean you have to like it. so take all the action you can to help you get your man home and after that you can be patient. if the role was reverse she would never want you to say that to her. luckily you can come to this site to vent and loose control and often you won't be judge when you express your feelings.

the process works only when you are interested in getting your situation resolved. GO GET THEM GIRL, DO WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Timeline
So, i was talking to a friend of mine about the I-130 for my husband. She had the nerve to tell me be a little patient. It's so easy for people that are not going through this to say that. At least i feel like i am doing something to make this work, not just sitting around waiting and getting frustrated. Have you guys heard the same thing from others too? :unsure:

[/quote :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by jakeswife

Telling someone to "be patient" isn't very helpful. But sometimes there's not much more to say.

Throughout much of the process, there is absolutely nothing you can do to speed things up. On the other hand, almost anything you do during these time periods doesn't slow the process down, either. So feel free to deal with the waiting in whatever way you wish, patient or not; just try not to be self-destructive, and try your best not to drive you, your spouse/fiancee, or anyone around you too crazy. And don't alienate any people who are trying to help you, whether they're your friends and relatives or those hated bureacrats at the USCIS.

We dealt with the waiting by talking on the phone for about an hour or two a day. Some married couples who live together don't talk that much, and I'll admit that, now that we're together and raising a child, we don't have as much time dedicated to just the two of us talking together.

Also, I exercised a lot, and I spent a lot of time learning everything I could about the laws and the process, so as to make sure that, when it came time for us to take action, we'd be as prepared as possible to make things work smoothly and quickly.

The waiting's not easy, and there's no way you can make it easy. The best you can do is try to avoid making it any harder.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.