angie007

how long to wait for a medical appoinment?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys..!!I was wondering for those who made an appoinment for their medical...how long do you have to wait from the time you called for an appointment tp your actual medical exam?...and who would you recommend..Seiden or Medisys?..One more thing..If I show my immunization record to them..would they keep it or will they give it back to me..just wanna know so I could get extra copy from my doctor if I need to..Thanks..

May 2000 - first time we met

June 2000 - started dating

Feb.16, 2008 - filed for K1

Feb. 25, 2008 -NOA1

July 26, 2008 -NOA2

July 31, 2008 - Package received ny NVC

Aug. 5, 2008 -Recieved by Montreal Consulate

Sept.12, 2008 -Packet 3 received

Sept.17, 2008 -Packet 3 sent

Dec. 12, 2008 -Packet 4 received

Feb 11, 2009 -interview

Feb 20, 2009 - K1 visa received

Feb 25, 2009 - US entry

March 18,2009- Wedding

AOS

April 9, 2009 - filed for application

April 15, 2009 - NOA received for I-1485,EAD, & AP

May 5, 2009 - Biometrics

May 26, 2009 - AP received

May 26, 2009 - card production ordered for EAD

June 5, 2009 - EAD received

July 7, 2009 - Interview appointment received

Aug 20, 2009 - Interview---approved

Sept 2, 2009 - Card recieved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey guys..!!I was wondering for those who made an appoinment for their medical...how long do you have to wait from the time you called for an appointment tp your actual medical exam?...and who would you recommend..Seiden or Medisys?..One more thing..If I show my immunization record to them..would they keep it or will they give it back to me..just wanna know so I could get extra copy from my doctor if I need to..Thanks..

took me 2 weeks to get mine. and it cost $250!

they said my immunization record was not up to date so i got a couple more shots and a new card. you'll get all your stuff back in a couple weeks

I 29F sent to VSC FEB 7, 2008 (K1)

Packet 3 recieved in May sometime

Medical done June 10/08

Packet 3 documents completed and sent out July 08/ 08

Packet 4 received July 28 (letter dated July 21)

Interview Aug 15, 2008 APPROVED!!!!!!!

Received Visa in mail Aug 20!

Moved to NY Dec 6, 2008!!!

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole Forms all sent to chicago- Mar 12/09

Received Mar 16/09

NOAs for all dated Mar 20/09

HONEYMOON in DisneyWorld: Mar 21-29

Biometrics appt: Apr 8/09

"Welcome to USA" Letter received May 19/09

Green Card received May 26/09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Obviously lead time is dependant on how busy the office is...

Immunization records are reviewed and transcribed to the DS-3025. They will return your origianl records to you.

YMMV

Check out the Canada Forum here on VJ angie where you'll find a lot of your answers from fellow Canadians.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I suppose each place is different. My fiancee was told "come on in", no appointment needed. You can make the medical exam appointment when you receive your case number from the NVC. My fiancee had hers one month in advance of our interview. You do not need immunization records for the K-1 visa but you will need them for the AOS. In our case, my fiancee brought hers (she brought everything just in case) and they offered to translate them for her FREE OF CHARGE! She left them with the medical clinic and we picked them up when we went for the interview. It was a nice little extra and I brought the staff a few tins of Vermont Maple Syrup for their effort. :)

Gary

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

i know it's a bit too late to say thank you all for giving some infos but thanks anyway..my internet had a problem so it took me almost two weeks to reply and than you all...

May 2000 - first time we met

June 2000 - started dating

Feb.16, 2008 - filed for K1

Feb. 25, 2008 -NOA1

July 26, 2008 -NOA2

July 31, 2008 - Package received ny NVC

Aug. 5, 2008 -Recieved by Montreal Consulate

Sept.12, 2008 -Packet 3 received

Sept.17, 2008 -Packet 3 sent

Dec. 12, 2008 -Packet 4 received

Feb 11, 2009 -interview

Feb 20, 2009 - K1 visa received

Feb 25, 2009 - US entry

March 18,2009- Wedding

AOS

April 9, 2009 - filed for application

April 15, 2009 - NOA received for I-1485,EAD, & AP

May 5, 2009 - Biometrics

May 26, 2009 - AP received

May 26, 2009 - card production ordered for EAD

June 5, 2009 - EAD received

July 7, 2009 - Interview appointment received

Aug 20, 2009 - Interview---approved

Sept 2, 2009 - Card recieved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.