Quiet storm

MY HUSBAND VISA WAS CANCELLED.

83 posts in this topic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought that could even happen!!! I am so sorry for you, hopefully everything will be cleared out soon!!!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

I'm so sorry. Just be sure to document, document, document. Keep a list of every conversation, who it is with, what they said, what you said, names, IDs, etc. You may need it. I wish good people didn't have to be terrorized just because others commit crimes. I'll pray for you.

Definitely a sad situation and I pray that things will work out for you.

As mentioned, your congressman and attorney should be your best allies at the moment. I would tend to agree that the FBI involvement probably means that they are investigating some larger suspected crime and are attempting to gain some information. Try to document everything that you can think of regarding your relationship and its validity. If they are attempting to accuse you of being paid, document all sources of income in any and all of your accounts. Any major purchases, investments, etc. Be able to show the source of cash flow. Unfortunately this situation may touch your other family members as well. Sometimes the FBI will search their financials if the FBI believes the payments were shifted to family. You may want to give a heads up.

Don't let them bully you and make sure you consult with your attorney before you speak to any one at the FBI.

Good Luck and stay strong!

I-130 Journey

03/12/2008 I-130 Sent

03/17/2008 NOA1

05/07/2008, 05/08/2008 Touched

10/31/2008 Approved!!

NVC Journey

11/07/2008 I-130 Received; Case Number Assigned

11/12/2008 AOS Fee Bill Generated/DS3032 mailed

11/12/2008 Emailed DS3032 11/13/2008 Mailed DS3032 Hardcopy

11/15/2008 AOS Fee Bill Received in Mail (IIN Received in the mail)

11/17/2008 Paid AOS Fee Online

11/17/2008 DS3032 Accepted

11/18/2008 AOS Fee shows as Paid; Mailed AOS Packet overnight

11/18/2008 IV Fee Available, IV Fee Paid Online

11/20/2008 Mailed DS230 Packet Overnight, AOS Entered into the system (False RFE Message) Rec 11/21

11/24/2008 IV Bill hardcopy received (not needed since I paid online)

11/26/2008 NVC Case Complete 19 days!!

12/23/2008 CR1Visa In Hand

12/24/2008 POE San Juan

US Entry

01/09/2009 Welcome Letter/Card Processing ordered

01/15/2009 Green Card Received, 01/14/2009 SS Card Received

Removal of Conditions

10/16/2010 I751 Sent

10/25/2010 NOA Received NOA Date 10/19/2010

01/12/2011 Biometrics (Biometrics letter date 12/15/2010)

03/03/2011 Approved - Card Production Ordered

03/10/2011 GC Received

US Citizenship

10/13/2011 N400 Sent

10/18/2011 NOA 10/19/2011 Check Cashed

04/17/2012 Email bio letter sent (received 4/19/12)

04/24/2012 Early Bio due to travel plans (bio date orig 5/11/12)

04/30/2012 Interview letter received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
WHAT IS A TROLL? ANYWAY I HAVE REACHED MY LAWYER AND I WAS SUGGESTED TO GO THE CONGRESS OFFICE AND MAKE A COMPLAINT AND I WILL DO THAT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. IF I HEAR NOTHING BACK, I WILL CALL TIMOTHY JOHNSON IN DC. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT. ROBIN

Girl.... your sub-saharan family is here for you! Whatever we can do to support you, we're here. My prayer's are with you, no doubt. What doesn't kill us will make us stronger girl. It's a tough road but your love will carry you through. Your love and God! That's all that matters girl.

hugs

totes

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Since 2006, INS has spread a very wide net around the Ghanian community in search of marriage scams. Unfortunately when a net is cast so wide and deep, it also picks up innocent people in the process. See article from Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6111201182.html

A few good things about this is that they came to your job and questioned you rather than arrest you and haul you off for questioning. This tells me that they may not be 100% sure of their suspicions. From what you write, they are connecting names and relating one to another. I pray this is just a fluke and that they really don't believe the story of the "guy" who said you were paid for marriage. What I would be concerned about is the background and history of the friends and aquaintances of your friend etc etc. If you are clean, you are clean. Where that leaves your husband will have to be determined. Hang in there girl and don't let them damage your health. :star:

hey Chispas,

This article was written almost 2 years ago and this is the first time that I have heard about it. WOW! I can see where the skepticism comes from. Pretty shocked but on the other hand not. I feel sorry for the children who may have to leave the only country they know. It's hard.

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

After reading the posts I think that it was very shocking to you for this to happen. Be assertive, keep your head on your shoulders when talking to officials. I know you want to scream and jump up and down, I dont blame you.

I hope we hear good news from you soon.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I am SO sorry:(:( I hope and PRAY it all sorts out for you and him. I think it is ####### that they can do this!!

BEST WISHES!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Quiet Storm, I am sorry that this has happened to you. Get your head on straight - breathe it out - and make sure you have all your ducks in a row. Make sure you have no major financial transactions that would give anyone pause. I have a great friend who works in the white collar crimes unit for the FBI - all she does all day long is follow the flow of money in people's bank accounts.

I know you have done everything on the up and up - you have been to Ghana 3 times, taken your kids, have your mom as a cosponsor, but you also need to make sure that your husband is not involved in or has been implicated in some kind of immigration fraud ring. He, without your knowing, might have some friends, colleagues, or associates who might be involved in something that isn't right. He might be completely clean, but his friends might not be. Furthermore, the bad man you were talking about, he might have some connection to your husband that you don't know about. This can often happen, as many times the close-knit, tribal nature of West African countries promotes this mentality of "do whatever it takes to get to the US."

After reading the article posted by Chispas, this bad man that you were talking about might have that type of business running in your community. And your friend's ties to him and his peers, seems to have made you a suspect in one of those "guilt by association" situations.

I'm not laying guilt anywhere - I'm saying it is a possibility that you just don't know about. I hope you will get to the bottom of all of this. It is a very difficult situation to be in.

Good luck to you and your husband...I hope you all will be cleared of any issues and you can move on with your lives - happily together.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I AM NOT A FRAUD,...I TOLD THEM I EVEN TOOK MY DAUGHTER TO MEET HIM AND MY MOM CO SIGNED. THEY ARE SAYING MY FRIEND PASSPORT APP WAS PULLED FOR FRAUD THEY THINK AND I AM ON HER PAPER. THEN THEY SAY THE OTHER GUY WHO SIGNED HER PAPER IS THE ONE WHO PAID ME TO MARRY MY HUSBAND. I DID NO SUCH A ###### THING. I HAVE BEEN TO GHANA 3 TIMES. I HAVE BEEN WITH HIM LONGER THAN I HAVE KNOWN THIS GUY THEY ARE SAYING THAT PAID. I TOLD THEM TO PULL MY BANK STATEMENTS. I USED TAX MONEY AND SCHOOL MONEY TO GO. IF I WAS GETTIN PAID, WHY AM I BEHIND ON MY HOUSE NOTE. OMG ......I WANT TO DIE..

Ehhhh, why would you be on your friend's passport papers???

I can't recall having to list anyone's name on a passport application.

I know on the passport itself, there's a space for emergency contact...but that's it.

I've got good friends in the Ghanayan community, and I've heard lots of immigration stories...both honest and fraudulent.

It's not my place to judge anyone, and I hope everything works out for you, but I also hope this is a lesson for all of us...

In life, one should select their friends as carefully as you select your fruit.

We don't bring rotten fruit home because we know that it will make us sick.

Good luck

The friend's part could not be more true.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so sorry you are having to go through this nightmare. Good luck in getting it all straightened out asap so that you and your husband can be together and get on with your own private lives. Be strong - you do have lots of support here - even from people like me who don't know you but who can still sympathize with you, support you during this time, and wish you the best.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm sorry this is happening to you. The reason the FBI maybe be involved is because it's something much bigger. The other person involved may be in a marriage scam ring or something like that. For the FBI to be involved it has to be something that big or they're looking to catch someone with ties to your information. It's not the first I've heard this happening and I'm sure it's not the last. I pray that this is resolved soon.

I agree. Make calls. Track down that lawyer of yours.

I hope it all works out for you in the end. I'm so sorry.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I'm sorry this is happening to you. The reason the FBI maybe be involved is because it's something much bigger. The other person involved may be in a marriage scam ring or something like that. For the FBI to be involved it has to be something that big or they're looking to catch someone with ties to your information. It's not the first I've heard this happening and I'm sure it's not the last. I pray that this is resolved soon.

I agree. Make calls. Track down that lawyer of yours.

I hope it all works out for you in the end. I'm so sorry.

I WENT TO THE CONGRESSMAN OFFICE IN MY DISTRICT. HE IS CALLING GHANA EMBASSY NOW TO SEE IF THEY CAN GET THE BLOCK TAKEN OFF SO HE CAN TRAVEL SOON. IF THEY CANT TODAY, BY MONDAY. AND HE IS ALSO CONTACTING THE SPECIAL AGENT JACK BARNHART ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON SINCE HE IS THE MADMAN WHO CAME TO MY JOB WITH HIS BUDDY. MY HUSBAND ISNT A BAD MAN AND HE DIDNT EVEN KNOW THE GUY. I MET THE GUY TRYING TO FIND PEOPLE IN THE GHANA COMMUNITY THAT COULD HELP MY HUSBAND AS THEY ARE DOING OK AT ADJUSTING. ONE BAD APPLE OUT OF THE BUNCH CAN CAUSE ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS. YOU NEVER KNOW ANYONE EVEN IF YOU MEET THEM IN PERSON. I WILL JUST WAIT ON THIS CALL AND PRAY THAT MY EFFORTS SUCCEED ME. THANK YOU. ROBIN..WILL KEEP U POSTED.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Quiet, I hope you are able to get resolution soon. This must be beyond maddening, but glad to see you aren't going to take it lying down :thumbs:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.