flavaofsummer

sory nickD

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats... good luck at the interview.

My interview is in 2 weeks and I'm getting NERVOUS!!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

When is your interview? Are you studying the civics test? I know it's been a long time and a hard wait, now let's have a positive attitude and get this behind your belt.

Filed: Timeline

When is your interview? Are you studying the civics test? I know it's been a long time and a hard wait, now let's have a positive attitude and get this behind your belt.

yes i guess the wishing well and the birthday candles and the late night prayers and the etc. well it came on its own time when it needed to come when it wanted to come when it was supposed to come... it was a long wait a LONG wait I thought they were going to play me by making me wait months more then the nyc DO months state,, which are 10 months to be exact and yes thats what they did they went by the 10 month line they stated in their website..

Timeline

yes i guess the wishing well and the birthday candles and the late night prayers and the etc. well it came on its own time when it needed to come when it wanted to come when it was supposed to come... it was a long wait a LONG wait I thought they were going to play me by making me wait months more then the nyc DO months state,, which are 10 months to be exact and yes thats what they did they went by the 10 month line they stated in their website..

Let's start by answering simple unrevealing questions, like:

When is your interview? Are you studying the civics test?

They will be asking you plenty of questions at your interview, you need practice in giving simple direct answers. I am trying to help you.

Let's start by answering simple unrevealing questions, like:

When is your interview? Are you studying the civics test?

They will be asking you plenty of questions at your interview, you need practice in giving simple direct answers. I am trying to help you.

its sep12th...sure you can help me..what is in the civics? give me some examples and tell me things they will ask at the interview? thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats

Please fill in your TIMELINE!!!

I-751

10/19/2006 I-751 send to Vermont

11/07/2006 NOA (Kids)

12/01/2006 BIO Appointment (Kids)

04/02/2007 NOA (Wife dated 11/7)

04/11/2007 BIO (Wife 2nd )

06/07/2007 received all 3 approval emails

06/11/2007 Green cards in Mailbox

N-400

09/17/2007 N-400 sent to Vermont

09/20/2007 signed for

11/21/2007 Check Cashed

12/11/2007 Noaa mailed

12/14/2007 Noaa arrives in mailbox

12/15/2007 Biometrics letter in mailbox

12/29/2007 Biometrics Appointment

04/03/2008 Interview letter arrives

05/22/2008 Interview passed, But waiting on two A-Files to be integrated into one.

07/28/2008 Infopass Appointment

09/19/2008 Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Offensive posts and ridiculous back-and-forths have been removed...not appropriate for the immigration forums. If you would like to discuss the citizenship test, please do. If not, there really is no useful purpose for this thread. :)

Thank you!

Timeline

This is how I organized the questions and answers for my wife, I did omit some questions based on if you know the White House is the home of the president, you should also know that the presidents official home is the White House. Also customized it for Wisconsin, your state capital in New York is Albany, and the names of your two senators are Charles Schumer (D) Hillary Rodham Clinton, and your governor is David A. Paterson. My wife was asked the name of our governor and our state capital as two of her six questions, but you have no idea what they are going to ask you. You need to know at least six out of ten questions, but from this board, if you answer six correctly in a row, that ends the test.

My wife was appreciative of organizing the questions in this manner and would just take one section at a time. She was able to snap the answer back without hesitation and was complemented by her IO on her knowledge of civics. I just copied and pasted this test, lost the columns, but the entire test can be printed out on two sheets of paper she could fold up and take with her. Rote is the best method of learning.

FLAG QUESTIONS

Question 1: What are the colors of our flag?

Answer 1: Red, white, and blue

Question 2: What do the stars on the flag mean?

Answer 2: One for each state

Question 3: How many stars are there on our flag?

Answer 3: There are 50 stars on our flag.

Question 4: What color are the stars on our flag?

Answer 4: The stars on our flag are white.

Question 5: How many stripes are there on our flag?

Answer 5: There are 13 stripes on our flag.

Question 6: What do the stripes on the flag represent?

Answer 6: The first 13 states

Question 7: What colors are the stripes on the flag?

Answer 7: The stripes on the flag are red and white.

GEOGRAPHY QUESTIONS

Question 8: How many states are there in the Union (the United States)?

Answer 8: 50 states

Question 36: What is the capital of the state you live in?

Answer 36: Madison, WI

Question 37: Who is the current Governor of the state you live in?

Answer 37: Jim Doyle

Question 40: What were the original 13 states?

Answer 40:

New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware Maryland,

Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia

Question 70: What were the 13 original states of the United States called before they were states?

Answer 70: Colonies

Question 42: Name some countries that were our enemies during World War II.

Answer 42: Germany, Italy, and Japan

Question 43: What was the 49th state added to our Union (the United States)?

Answer 43: Alaska

Question 67: What was the 50th state to be added to our Union (the United States)?

Answer 67: Hawaii

NATIONAL HOLIDAY QUESTIONS

Question 9: What do we celebrate on the 4th of July?

Answer 9: Independence Day

Question 10: Independence Day celebrates independence from whom?

Answer 10: Independence from England

Question 45: Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.?

Answer 45: A civil rights leader

Question 53: What holiday was celebrated for the first time by American colonists?

Answer 53: Thanksgiving

Question 50: Why did the Pilgrims come to America?

Answer 50: To gain religious freedom

Question 68: Who helped the Pilgrims in America?

Answer 68: The American Indians/Native Americans

Question 69: What is the name of the ship that brought the Pilgrims to America?

Answer 69: The Mayflower

EARLY AMERICAN HISTORY QUESTIONS

Question 11: What country did we fight during the Revolutionary War?

Answer 11: We fought England in the Revolutionary War.

Question 54: Who was the main writer of the Declaration of Independence?

Answer 54: Thomas Jefferson

Question 55: When was the Declaration of Independence adopted? Answer 55: July 4, 1776

Question 56: What are some of the basic beliefs of the Declaration of Independence?

Answer 56: That all men are created equal and have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

Question 57: What is the national anthem of the United States? Answer 57: 'The Star-Spangled Banner'

Question 58. Who wrote The Star-Spangled Banner?

Answer 58. Francis Scott Key

Question 41: Who said, “Give me liberty or give me death”? Answer 41: Patrick Henry

Question 65: Which President is called the “Father of our Country”? Answer 65: George Washington

Question 66: Which President was the first Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Army and Navy?

Answer 66: George Washington

Question 62: Who was President during the Civil War?

Answer 62: Abraham Lincoln

Question 63: What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?

Answer 63: The Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves.

US CONSTITUTION QUESTIONS

Question 17: What is the Constitution?

Answer 17: The supreme law of the land or the supreme law of the land is the constitution.

Question 18: What do we call changes to the Constitution? Answer 18: Amendments

Question 19: How many changes, or amendments, are there to the Constitution? Answer 19: 27 amendments

Question 35: What is the Bill of Rights?

Answer 35: The first 10 amendments to the Constitution

Question 72: Name the amendments that guarantee or address voting rights.

Answer 72: 15th, 19th, 24th, and 26th amendments

Question 73: In what year was the Constitution written?

Answer 73: The Constitution was written in 1787.

Question 74: What are the first 10 amendments to the Constitution called? Answer 74: The Bill of Rights

Question 75: Whose rights are guaranteed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?

Answer 75: All people living in the United States

Question 76: What is the introduction to the Constitution called? Answer 76: The Preamble

Question 80: Name one right or freedom guaranteed by the first amendment.

Answer 80: The rights of freedom of speech, of religion, of assembly, and to petition the Government

Question 87: Where does freedom of speech come from?

Answer 87: The Bill of Rights

Question 92: Can the Constitution be changed?

Answer 92: Yes, the Constitution can be changed.

Question 93: What is the most important right granted to United States citizens? Answer 93: The right to vote

AMERICAN PRESIDENT QUESTIONS

Question 12: Who was the first president of the United States? Answer 12: George Washington

Question 13: Who is the President of the United States today? Answer 13: George W. Bush

Question 14: Who is the Vice President of the United States today? Answer 14: ####### Cheney

Question 15: Who elects the President of the United States? Answer 15: The Electoral College

Question 16: Who becomes President if the President dies? Answer 16: The Vice President

Question 38: Who becomes President if both the President and Vice President die?

Answer 38: The Speaker of the House

Question 44: How many full terms can a President serve? Answer 44: Two full terms

Question 30: Who is the head of the Executive Branch of the U.S. Government? Answer 30: The President

Question 31: For how long is the President elected?

Answer 31: The President is elected for 4 years.

Question 60: Who signs bills into law?

Answer 60: The President

Question 64: What special group advises the President?

Answer 64: The Cabinet advises the President.

Question 78: What is the name of the President’s official home? Answer 78: The White House or the White House is the home of the president.

Question 79: Where is the White House located?

Answer 79: Washington, DC

Question 81: Who is Commander-in-Chief of the United States military? Answer 81: The President

Question 82: In what month do we vote for the President? Answer 82: November

Question 83: In what month is the new President inaugurated? Answer 83: January

Question 46: What are some of the requirements to be eligible to become President?

Answer 46: A candidate for President must be a native-born citizen, be at least 35 years old, and have lived in the U.S. for at least 14 years.

GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION QUESTIONS

Question 89: What kind of government does the United States have? Answer 89: A Republic

Question 96: How many branches are there in the United States government?

Answer 96: There are 3 branches

Question 20: What are the three branches of our government?

Answer 20: Executive, Judicial, and Legislative

Question 86: What is the executive branch of our government?

Answer 86: The President, the Cabinet, and departments under the cabinet members

Question 21: What is the legislative branch of our Government? Answer 21: Congress

Question 23: Who makes the Federal laws in the United States? Answer 23: Congress

Question 24: Who elects Congress?

Answer 24: The citizens of the United States

Question 25: How many Senators are there in Congress?

Answer 25: There are 100 Senators in Congress, 2 from each state.

Question 26: For how long do we elect each Senator?

Answer 26: 6 years

Question 27: Name two Senators from your state.

Answer 27: Herb Kohl and Russell D. Feingold

Question 28: How many voting members are in the House of Representatives?

Answer 28: There are 435 voting members in the House of Representatives.

Question 29: For how long do we elect each member of the House of Representatives? Answer 29: For 2 years

Question 32: What is the highest part of the Judiciary Branch of our Government?

Answer 32: The Supreme Court

Question 33: What are the duties of the Supreme Court?

Answer 33: To interpret and explain the laws

Question 39: Who is Chief Justice of the Supreme Court? Answer 39: John G. Roberts, Jr.

Question 47: Why are there 100 Senators in the United States Senate? Answer 47: Each state elects 2 Senators.

Question 48: Who nominates judges for the Supreme Court?

Answer 48: The President nominates judges for the Supreme Court.

Question 49: How many Supreme Court justices are there? Answer 49: There are 9 Supreme Court justices.

Question 51: What is the executive of a state government called? Answer 51: The Governor

Question 52: What is the head executive of a city government called? Answer 52: The Mayor

Question 59: What is the minimum voting age in the United States? Answer 59: 18 is the minimum voting age.

Question 61: What is the highest court in the United States? Answer 61: The Supreme Court

Question 71: What group has the power to declare war?

Answer 71: Congress has the power to declare war.

Question 77: Who meets in the U.S. Capitol building?

Answer 77: Congress

Question 95: What is the United States Capitol?

Answer 95: The place where Congress meets

Question 84: How many times may a Senator or Congressman be re-elected?

Answer 84: There is no limit.

Question 85: What are the two major political parties in the United States today?

Answer 85: The Democratic and Republican parties

CITIZEN QUESTIONS

Question 88: What U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services form is used to apply for naturalized citizenship?

Answer 88: Form N-400 (Application for Naturalization)

Question 91: Name one benefit of being a citizen of the United States.

Answer 91: To obtain Federal government jobs, to travel with a U.S. passport, or to petition for close relatives to come to the United States to live

Question 90: Name one of the purposes of the United Nations.

Answer 90: For countries to discuss and try to resolve world problems or to provide economic aid to many countries

Offensive posts and ridiculous back-and-forths have been removed...not appropriate for the immigration forums. If you would like to discuss the citizenship test, please do. If not, there really is no useful purpose for this thread. :)

Thank you!

exactly..i posted something about my interview..keep it on the topic plz i know its hard to get rid of ignorance.. some people cant help themselves.

Timeline

Thank you!

exactly..i posted something about my interview..keep it on the topic plz i know its hard to get rid of ignorance.. some people cant help themselves.

The very last page of the M-476 manual that you can download from

www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Has a list of sample English sentences you can review, I won't copy and paste that here.

If you find a post offensive, do not reply, simply click on the "Report" tab to bring that post to the attention of the moderator. If any response was required to Jenn, should have been just a thank you, and another negative comment. LOL, Jenn is more forgiving than me, am moderator on a different board, would have banned the whole bunch of you. We are here to help each other, not hurt each other.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.