MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I said the wedding dress stuff was boring, not so much the wedding... but if anyone goes into too much wedding detail I WILL YAWN!

I'm a sagitarious, she is a virgo, but here's a quote from Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend (and also on a doors live compilation cd I have which is where I heard it... but I am quoting it from the book lol)...

JIM: "All right. All right. [Cheering] Hey, listen-listen-listen, man. I don't know how many of you believe in astrology..."

Front row girl: "You're a Sigittarius!"

JIM: "Yeah, that's right, baby, that's right. I am a Sagittarius-the most philosophical of all the signs."

Front row girl: "I love you. So am I!"

JIM: "But anyway, I don't believe in it."

Front row girl: "I don't either!"

JIM: "I think it's all a bunch of BS, myself."

I agree with his views... but I will say if you must check your horroscope, use theonion.com's horroscopes (if they still do them... they are usually pretty funny).

If we must poll things... I've been wondering two things, what percentage of the posters on this site in general are female (it seems a LOT higher than males) and what percentage are the beneficiary vs petitioners. It seems like there are more beneficiaries than petitioners which is strange since the petitioner should most definitely be hear figuring out the first steps which are all about the petitioner, just seems kind of like the petitioners responsibility, but from a lot of threads I read it seems like the beneficiary is often the one here on VJ figuring out the ropes... but it may just be those posts stand out to me because it's odd to me. I'm a male petitioner since I brought the questions up (if you hadn't guessed from my lack of entheusiam for wedding dress discussions).

Edited by maliciant

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way when was everyone born, which month?

I'm an Aries (April) and Bill is a Virgo (September)... but I am NOTHING like an Aries. More an earth sign, if I were to put much belief into that stuff. As it is, I'm a psychology major so I kinda apply all kinds of theories to it instead.

Mara, I hope you feel better about work. It sounds like a stressful job! it always is the one thing that sets you off.. all it takes is a short conversation with a family member, a crappy day at uni, financial problems, and it always comes back to the visa.

I've been having bad times myself lately. Not only am I still "recovering" from being with Bill last week, but I've had problems getting my student loan to come in. I went in today to discuss it and they said that had forgotten to notify the company that I was back!! So have to wait another week to be paid, which means no money for food, travel, books etc. And then they had the nerve to charge me £25/$50 for being late to register in the first place! I refuse to pay that after the stress they've put me through. I can't even buy my food or study (without books), for goodness sake.

How are you having an Aussie feel to your dress, Mara? I would love a silk dress, something simple and elegant. If there was a way to customise it to the British way, that would be interesting.

where did you, the ones who´ve already bought their wedding dress, bought it? in the internet or in a wedding shop?

I haven't bought anything yet seeing as we haven't decided whether or not to hold off the actual wedding to when I'm more settled into the US. But the MIL has offered to take me to Dave's Bridal to pick a few dresses to try on. They're cheap (from $99) and are amazing. I haven't told her about the plans to hold off the ceremony yet though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Awe Gemmie that bites, i hate how universities are so money hungry!

My dress isn't anything particarly aussie (no vegimite stains or corks hanging down ROFL) its a lace up corset top with a cinderella skirt. I think the whole point is that I did the dress shopping with my mum :).

Mine cost me $900, but as I said that's all of my alterations and everything. I had found one for $200 orginally, but buy the time i would have added all the tailoring that needed doing, and fixed up the skirt it would have cost the same amount. Just keep that in mind when you find a "cheap" one.

If anyone is putting it off to do in the states, David's bridal is brilliant as Gemmie suggested, they have some beautiful gowns and very good prices.

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think the whole point is that I did the dress shopping with my mum .

awww its so nice when your mum is part of it all, my mum is gonna see the dress when i do when it arrives i just dont have the money to pay it out,

hope we all get to see pics

will be so nice to see the outcome of everybodys anxious waiting,

i cant wait to marry David and will do it in a black bin bag if needs to be i just want to be his wife and live the fairytale.

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Timeline
I think the whole point is that I did the dress shopping with my mum .

awww its so nice when your mum is part of it all, my mum is gonna see the dress when i do when it arrives i just dont have the money to pay it out,

hope we all get to see pics

will be so nice to see the outcome of everybodys anxious waiting,

i cant wait to marry David and will do it in a black bin bag if needs to be i just want to be his wife and live the fairytale.

Hehe Donna I know exactly how you feel, its my opinion on the subject too :)

I can actually post up pics of my dress next month I think, will have to take pics when I get it fitted because my dad hasn't seen my dress yet lol.

And if i put them up here i should be good, i dont think Chris will log on lol

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/10/2009 Married

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
I said the wedding dress stuff was boring, not so much the wedding... but if anyone goes into too much wedding detail I WILL YAWN!

I'm a sagitarious, she is a virgo, but here's a quote from Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend (and also on a doors live compilation cd I have which is where I heard it... but I am quoting it from the book lol)...

JIM: "All right. All right. [Cheering] Hey, listen-listen-listen, man. I don't know how many of you believe in astrology..."

Front row girl: "You're a Sigittarius!"

JIM: "Yeah, that's right, baby, that's right. I am a Sagittarius-the most philosophical of all the signs."

Front row girl: "I love you. So am I!"

JIM: "But anyway, I don't believe in it."

Front row girl: "I don't either!"

JIM: "I think it's all a bunch of BS, myself."

I agree with his views... but I will say if you must check your horroscope, use theonion.com's horroscopes (if they still do them... they are usually pretty funny).

If we must poll things... I've been wondering two things, what percentage of the posters on this site in general are female (it seems a LOT higher than males) and what percentage are the beneficiary vs petitioners. It seems like there are more beneficiaries than petitioners which is strange since the petitioner should most definitely be hear figuring out the first steps which are all about the petitioner, just seems kind of like the petitioners responsibility, but from a lot of threads I read it seems like the beneficiary is often the one here on VJ figuring out the ropes... but it may just be those posts stand out to me because it's odd to me. I'm a male petitioner since I brought the questions up (if you hadn't guessed from my lack of entheusiam for wedding dress discussions).

LOL! Wedding dress talk with a Jim Morrison Quote. I am amazed!

I agree with you Maliciant and Jim Morrison about horoscope stuff. Though I will admit I do read it sometimes for entertainment.

I am the Male Petioner (Chris) and I found this site first to help me file the visa. Then i told Dani about this site.

I agree with you, there seems to be a lot of beneficiaries on this site interacting and asking questions.

But I dont mind the wedding dress talk. I like to shop for clothes. Look at the latest styles for men and women.

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Timeline
Sadly all this stress and worry has come from having a hard day at work. I just found out that I have lost a contract that had already been "given" to me so apart from losing out on 2 weeks of pay my confidence took a swipe coupled with the fact I haven't really heard from Chris since last week thanks to timezones, work, family and him not emailing me back since Monday. Amazing how one little thing just pushes you over the edge like that.

Dont worry so, Im sure another contract will come your way. :thumbs:

Be positive and confident in your abilities.

When life knocks you down, dust off the dirt and get right back up.

Some things are worth fighting for.

And if life was easy, why would it be worth living?

Timeline
I have no idea how i am going to get my stuff to the states, Chris is coming out with only one suitcase at xmas time, so I am going send a suitcase full of clothes and stuff with him over, perhaps if im prepared to part with it i may send my dress with him too - in a big black bag so he can't peak lol.

Hope everyone enjoys their wednesdays :) night all

Oh, he will peek!

The temptation would be to great!

lol

Timeline
Hey guys!!! I missed everybody. It is currently 628pm here in my timezone. Basically, it's a 12 hour difference from EST. Miss you Dani!!! Let me go grab my coffee. Be with you shortly.

HappyDancer, you seem to be a very active person! :dance:

Just how many cups of coffee do you drink in a day? lol.

Timeline

Pics of your wedding dresses would be cool to see. :thumbs:

The different styles from around the world.

Sorry Maliciant :blush:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wahahahahah!!! Dani, I love that last line... "sorry Maliciant..."

Yes, I am hyper. Don't know how my fiance is going to take that when we eventually live in the same house. I am always up for travelling and backpacking for the most part and I enjoy the outdoors and the beach... I love most especially the beach here in my country. That's a route me and my honey are definitely going to take. heheheh.

I take 2 cups when I get up in the morning, two cups after lunch and I am good. :D

I will show you my wedding gown design once I get my scanner working. Mine is not in the works yet. Kinda enjoying the time when the designers here are showing their best in the craft and price and I wwill get to choose. It is so cool. And guess what? The highest price so far is at 600USD. I know I know, you're going to hate me for this but truth to tell most of the raw materials if not all come from Asia - so I get to reap the benefits of proximity. LOL

I love David's. But if it's the design you guys are after, check out www.projectwedding.com Your mouths will water on the wedding gown designs there and even the wedding cakes and giveaways.

Enjoy guys!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Timeline

ROFL on the spam of replies there Dani and Chris, I'm assuming its a combination of the two of you (gonna have to make you two start putting your names at the bottom so we know who we are talking to :P)

Chris won't peek, he has blantely refused to look when he has had the option previously so I trust him lol :)

I am feeling much better then I did yesterday. Didn't work today so got to spend a couple of hours chatting with Chris, he has been really swamped and busy at work and that coupled with being hit hard by the econmy fall out and being sick has meant this week hasn't been great for him, and well us. But we can start over so its all good :)

If you can't Malicent, Im both female, Aussie and thus the benificary :)

Chris is emailing me the horribly smugged back of our check tomorrow to see if i can work out what our number was.... *Crosses fingers* wish me luck that its not as bad as he makes out lol.

HD my Dress is being designed by a Thai lady who immagrated out to Aus about 12 years ago, all her materials come from asia or australia so she does dresses from about $300 - $950. Sadly I have expensive taste lol.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

10/10/2009 Married

Timeline

Mara! You are funny! Hey, it's your day so we get to act like spoiled brats at least once in our lives huh?

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

What the heck, ya'll having too much fun over here!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Timeline

Hey Fred!!! We missed you!!!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.