MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Just did a time line search for petitions filed around the time I did (15 day window) with CSC and London as the Consulate (for K-1) and I found out that there are a total of 5 petitions around the time I filed within the same 2 week period, and out of the 5, 2 of them have been approved and 3 of them (including mine) have not been approved, and one of the 3 that has not been approved has the same 1st NOA date and same RFE date as I do! So this gives me comfort that I am not lagging behind or forgotten about when looking at the bigger picture.

Another reason to thank VJ for the ongoing support that is much needed by us all! :)

:star: Here is to a positive and happy weekend and another week loaded with approvals! Thank God that there aren't any holidays for the two centers for the rest of this month at least!

Have a great weekend everyone! :dance: :dance: :dance:

And as Queen for the second time (page 305 and 306!), the first time I did not demand anything, but now I demand that we all stick together and keep strong...and as for CSC and VSC, you better start warping next week!

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow... 3 day week and vsc actually approved like 7 people :o hell they appoved 22 last week, that would have been impressive if CSC hadnt approved like 67 :o

Crazy stuff, into the 130 now, feeling postive this week :D

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
FRED what a sad pic :( I hope you will get to be with them for your bday:)

My babe is coming next saturday for a week ... I just dont want to think about the way to the airport It so bad, I cry almost all the way, and saying goodbye is the worst part....

HYENA and ANISA I hope after your RFE everything goes well and you get your approvals quick!

Mara, Dani, HappyDancer, Marm, .... girls, if it wasnt this week it is the next! dont you see? they are working on august cases (well this week I think everybody was on vacation) but the fact is that we are in the processing time, we still havent reach the 6 months, we are there we are closer, maybe we are losing it just because we are seeing everybody else being approved and people who filed after us .... lets just dont focus on those.... lets focus on the fact that we are close to the 6 months prossesing time, witch means we must get our approvals anyday ...

Lets focus on what we want, what we want is to get NOA2 ... so lets only think about that.... positives thoughts brings positives things!

Are you with me on this???? please girls I relly need you ALL to be with me on this,,,, I was thinking and thinking, we are losing our time and energies by crying and complaining about VSC approving everybody but us! STOP! hehehe they are going to approve us !.... OK?

I really believe in all this about feeling well, having good thoughts, and good thing will come to you, but ofcourse... some times I lose it! hehehe but I realize that we can not lose right now... now that we are so close!!!!

....... - Habibi and gumbo this is for both of you too!

I hope you all have a great weekend! and do anything that makes you feel good ... I feel much better today I hope you all do!

Hugs!

Mia

Well said girl :) i believe in the positive attitude brings positive things to happen, its harder now, yea, Vermont approve august but not CSC, i think we are with Marm only from CSC

Thank you for the wondeful words, they help :)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been thinking a lot about my life since I'll actually be getting married pretty soon, and marriage will take some getting used to, one example is instead of saying my "fiancee's name is cherry", I will actually say things like "Sorry mrs jolie, I can't touch your breasts right now, my wife would be angry" or "Sorry Mr. Depp, I can not attend your drunken man orgy, my wife says we must go to church on sunday instead". Of course, how this change in marital status affects others may differ, you may have to turn down different celeberities than me... but the key thing is you must remember to say your wife, instead of your fiancee, and that takes some getting used to.

ETA: Sorry, the august thread got all serious for too long, our ratings are down, had to spice it up so we could attract the younger audiences of december and january filers and get a strong start on the next generation, february filers.

Edited by maliciant

That is a very easy transition for me to introduce, this is Emilia, my wife......Easy enough.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! we got our APPROVAL!!!!!!!. our NOA1 was on the 14th of august 2008 and we were approved on the 16th of jan 2009. our status still says pending... our lawyer called my fiance yesterday(24th) askin if he got his own copy of the approval notice and he was wonderin if he was kiddin cos we check the site like evry now and then and it still had pending on it.. am so thankful to God cos wen we thot we were running out of time he was on time for us...God is faithful...the approval came at a time wen we were already gettin fed up of the whole process and we decided to stop thinkin about it for a minute! i wish every1 still waitin for their approval all the best and not to worry cos worrying doesnt change anything, it only makes the whole process long.. thank you my VJ family for all the support....xxx N.B , we had only one touch and dat was in dec for the change of address.

If you have a lawyer representing you he/she may get the original copy and you a courtesy letter of the NOA2.

USEM NBI Requirements:

oh yeah. the layer has the orignal copy.

DAMN I'm psychic! hehehe!

JK my lawyer has my original as well

USEM NBI Requirements:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I've been thinking a lot about my life since I'll actually be getting married pretty soon, and marriage will take some getting used to, one example is instead of saying my "fiancee's name is cherry", I will actually say things like "Sorry mrs jolie, I can't touch your breasts right now, my wife would be angry" or "Sorry Mr. Depp, I can not attend your drunken man orgy, my wife says we must go to church on sunday instead". Of course, how this change in marital status affects others may differ, you may have to turn down different celeberities than me... but the key thing is you must remember to say your wife, instead of your fiancee, and that takes some getting used to.

ETA: Sorry, the august thread got all serious for too long, our ratings are down, had to spice it up so we could attract the younger audiences of december and january filers and get a strong start on the next generation, february filers.

We already call each other husband and wife (culturally we're married since many don't bother with the details but if they live together, everyone refers to them as "your husband/your wife..". I told her as long as she doesn't slip during the interview, it's all good. ...But then again, we're doing the ceremony end of March so nothing really matters if there aren't papers to follow (apparently it's common allowing the family abroad to have a reception/wedding or sorts before the real one in the US).

I'm looking forward to it. We're both sort of jumping right in but are growing closer day by day (I've only known her since April, stayed for a month then another month in June-July). Over there they have a saying "marry now, love come later". I guess statistically speaking, arranged marriages work out more often than long engagements and living together -the longer it's done, the higher chances of divorce (purely statistics; individuals are all different, obviously).

Sooooo, she's already referring to my kids as her kids (a HUGE plus given my last gf, who was a nasty American, hated kids but played along for the hook enough to buy a house together). She loves my kids more than me, I think...but then again, that's just fine with me (better #2 than #5)!

No one talks about the content of their RFE ever it seems. I paged through many months and only "I got an RFE," on and on but no one peeps about specifics. My guess is I claimed too little income last year and I'm too close with a house and dependents to add another for their purposes...that would be my first guess. I'm hoping for something less complicated like "you forgot to sign this, send it back"!

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

yeah lets hope they will go back to JULY-AUGUST and will do the unfinished work :D

Fred, i saw your timeline 23 but guess i missed its feb. silly me :lol: but who knows i might not be visiting this site so often end of february when i really hope i'll be with chris :wub:

have an enjoyable weekend all and take care

ohh talking about husbands and wives...well i already took the family name of chris even though we're not married yet :D

Edited by Dani^Chris Perry
as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
No one talks about the content of their RFE ever it seems. I paged through many months and only "I got an RFE," on and on but no one peeps about specifics. My guess is I claimed too little income last year and I'm too close with a house and dependents to add another for their purposes...that would be my first guess. I'm hoping for something less complicated like "you forgot to sign this, send it back"!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4725 <--- RFE master checklist... where everyone talks about RFE's... I think people don't talk a whole lot about RFE's because they are usually for something small like, including pictures, evidence of meeting, a divorce decree. USCIS only cares about two things, that both people are legally able to marry, and that they have met in the last two years in person. Income, ongoing relationship, everything else, is not a concern.

Uh wait, make that three things, they also care that the forms are filled in correctly and completely...

I feel my post about wife instead of fiancee was largely overlooked for the humor portion of it... which is actually the main point... not that it isn't a worthwile conversation to have... and there is some truth to it being a little different being actually married vs planning to get married... but uh, it's more a joke than serious heh...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

My changes will actually be very similar to yours..."I'm sorry Johnny, I'm married now so you can't touch my breasts....just once...well......oh I better not.........." :devil:

Date I-129F Sent: 8-4-08
Date I-129F NOA1: 8-6-08
Date I-129F NOA2: 12-214-08
Date left NVC: 1-7-09
Packet 3: 1-23-09
Medical appt: 2-20-09
Packet 3 Returned: 3-8-09
Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 3-10-09
Interview Date: 4-24-09! PASSED :)
Visa In Hand: 4-19-09
POE in San Fran: 8-16-09!
Wedding: 09-09-09
Mailed AOS: 10-22-09 :))) (FINally)
AOS signed for: 10-26-09
Check cashed: 10-30-09
NOA I-797 (Register, EAD and Travel) for both guys: 10-30-09
Biometrics: 11-25-09
Travel Docs approved: 12-11-09
EAD Approval: 12-15-09
Travel Docs received: 12-19-09
EAD Cards received: 12-24-09
AOS Interview: 1-14-10 Passed!!
Cards ordered: 1-21-10
Cards arrived: 1-28-10
Mailed I-751: 10-17-2011
NOA I-751: 10/19/2011
Biometrics: 11/21/2011
RFE: 4-6-2012
RFE: Response sent 4/18/2012
NOA: I-797 5/1/2012
Cards arrived: 5/31/2012

N-400 Naturalization mailed: 11-12-15 :luv::joy:

NOA N-400 received: 11-18-15

Biometrics: 12-10-15
Oath/Citizen!: 03/01/2016
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.