Ricca711

Making Changes

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Girl I started adding him right away...at least when I had time from work, so far I changed my name on my license at the DMV, and also added him to my Bank account and changed my last name at the bank. So far that is what I have gotten around to doing.

AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MARRIAGE!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Thanks for the congrats! You are crazy woman! I am taking every Friday off for the month of August so that we can get everything changed.

Wow I hear that...every Friday off. Gurl, if I was to attempt that move at my place of employment...

I will find myself come the following Monday at my desk "walking papers". My job be trippin if I decide to take a day off. I guess they are still mad I took the little vacation to Ghana when I went down for my husband's interview when I was not entittled to one at the time. :blush:

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Congrats on the marriage girl. Did you decide on the festival thing? About adding hubby to the bank account, have you considered opening a new one for both of you with your new last name? I'm sure some institutions make take longer to make the name change so starting with a new account should be fine. I don't know where you bank, but many banks allow you to add another account under the umbrella of the main account with little or no problems. INS really only cares what you have to show down the line and that you have joint accounts. They don't care if you added him or opened a new one. Whadya think?

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

I agree with Chispas on that. I intend to keep my own account and have a second new joint account with my SO.

I would not add him to the house right away and do minor accounts such as credit cards, utilities, phones, health clubs, library etc.......and health insurance of course.

The paper war never ends does it ^_^

Gracias Omoba,

Ricca you still have quite a bit of time ahead of you to ease into the paperwork trail so most of it will come naturally as you begin to live your life together. I have a list of steps to take somewhere, but I can't find it now. When I do find it, I'll try to post it.

Take care

Chispas

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.