saunders

Continue or Cancel the K1 application

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
I am sure you guys have already come up with the answer for this but anyway...Yes in Italy the bases are considered US territory. I am assuming he is being stationed there permanently (2 years at least)...Once your visa is approved he can fly to the US to meet you and get married there...(You can technically get married in Italy but its a big pain in the butt cause you will need to get the wedding cert translated)......Anyway get married in the states then you can go to Italy with him on your american visa due to the SOFA (Status of forces agreement)...You dont really have to do anything.....When your visa gets approved he just has to get a letter from the command there in italy to do a tour conversion (unaccompanied to accompanied) or make you a "Command Sponsored Dependent"....They might call it something different in the Army but its the same thing either way. Its just a letter from the command saying he is authorized to bring a dependent to Italy.

You are actually going to be in a better posistion when it comes to the citzenship process cause overseas military dependents applications have the benefit of command legal and they usually get expidited.

Now if he is just there TDY/TAD or Temporarily whatever the Army calls it you can get an extension approved from the embassy you can even tell them about it in the interview and they can extend it right then.....It wouldnt hurt for you to bring his orders or a letter from the command to the interview saying when he will be back in the states if he is TDY there.

Thank you very much.

My fiance received the NOA1 last week

I will tell my fiance about your advice.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Are US bases US territory? The one's in the UK arn't.

US Bases are US Territory.

The bases in England are not necessarily that because US forces are just guests of the English there we dont have a lease with JAC Molesworth or anything. But they do have a SOFA for england which basically means that we have the same rights and protections there.

Our Timeline K1 My Version!!!!

11-22-06 She winks at me!!!!!

2-13-07 Fly to MNL

2-14-07 I get there for Valentines Day cause I am sweet like that!

2-20-07 I fly home....

7-10-07 I fly to Manila again before I go to Iraq

7-11-07 Engaged

7-12-07 We go to Tarlac to meet the family and stay there

7-17-07 I go home....

7-24-07 Go to Iraq

2-24-08 I come back from Iraq safe and sound cause I promised I would!

3-25-08 Fly to Manila AGAIN 3rd time on that flight (But it was a little better on Continetal Airlines to Japan cause there coach class has power ports for laptops.

4-22-08 End of the best month ever....even though I had to shower from a bucket like Iraq and buy her an AC cause I was dying at her house....Had to do the visa extension thing which was easy, I had a very good time for the month I was there and felt so much more comfortable about the future!

K1

8-13-08 Sent 129f fedex.

8-14-08 NOA1

8-19-08 Touched

8-21-08 Received hard copy of NOA1

1-29-09 Touched again

1-29-09 Approval Notice Sent PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME

2-02-09 NVC gets stuff MNL2009######

2-05-09 Received hard copy of NOA2

3-24-09 NVC is finally done with whatever adminstrative processing they had to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.