bjejelola.isscamr

Coincidence or ????

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I'm sorry but I don't get it. I have been really quiet...waiting for someone to actually comment on the irony so that I can post and say: that is tooooo funny

BUT

No one has spilled the beans. I thought Chispas was about to say it...my mouth got all watery and then boom ...nothing.

So I guess I'm a little sloooooooooooooooooow. :blush: So please enlighten me on the punch line :unsure:

:rofl:

Section 419 is the section of the law (I believe Nigerian Law) that is to prosecute scammers.

NOW I GET IT!!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea:

Thanks Zainab!!!! :lol: I could not sit quiet any longer....the suspense was killing me....I had to put my pride aside and risk looking :blink: ....in order to get the answer :blush:

Thank you :lol:

As my husband would say....NA WA OOOOO!!!!! Sorry, I just assumed everyone knew what 419 would mean. :oops: The term is synonymous with scamming. When they put us in room 419 I was wondering if they were trying to say that my husband was scamming me. ;)

Stacey, I am familiar with the term but for some reason I did not make a connection :blink: I'm just gonna chalk it up as a very slooooooooooooooooooow moment. LOL!

I totally get it now and I can officially say: That is soooooooooooooooooo funny! :lol:

LOL. I won't discredit you for having a blonde moment, we're all entitled to one. (no offense to any blondies out there).

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:lol: that pic and the story are priceless :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
That was funny. I almost missed it and had to think hard to figure out the what the 419 was. :bonk: One odd thing that happened to us was we were almost taken to the police for being terrorist. One day on the way back home from work, my husband and I caught a cab and as usual these cabs stop and pick up other people. Well, the cab picked up an older man and woman who once they heard me speaking English they started to talk to the cab driver in native language. They were saying that the heard terrorist were in the country disguised at tourist and they drive around in cabs making plans to bomb the country etc. Now, the old man looked and smelled like palm wine so I thought who'd care what he was saying. Anyway, the cab driver was visibly shaken and nervous and through the entire bumpy ride. As this conversation went on and on my husband was translating to me what they were saying and they were getting more and more frantic. Finally he told them that he understood what they were saying and we weren't terrorist. There was more discussion about it and we actually were taken to the police station but the organization I worked with was well known and police didn't listen to the driver or the other passengers. I could not believe the fear these people had of us just because we were speaking English in a cab

Sigh

:o:help::rofl:

Asante.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Timeline

u are soooo wrong :lol: on so many levels :lol:

I am glad I am not the only one who didn't know what 419 was, I was going to ask this morning if it wasn't explained yet. :blush::whistle:

Thank you STBM! At least we have each other :rofl:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I am glad I am not the only one who didn't know what 419 was, I was going to ask this morning if it wasn't explained yet. :blush::whistle:

Yup, it is always nice not to be alone in the clueless category. Though, at least we were brave enough to admit it. :thumbs:

Timeline

Yup, it is always nice not to be alone in the clueless category. Though, at least we were brave enough to admit it. :thumbs:

You are so right about that :rofl:

Here's one for momentary cluelessness :thumbs: (made up my own word :lol: )

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.