very nice

THE UNEXPECTED interview

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
VeryNice,

No one can tell you how long your security checks will last. Some people have been called in a few days;for others it has taken months. Your fiancee can call the DOS on a weekly basis if she likes to see if the checks have cleared. While you can get the senator involved, it's only been a short time since your interview. But do what you need to be able to relax.

I don't know why the consulates have to give out such confusing information. :blink: How hard is it to say, your case is approved BUT we need to finish security checks before we issue the visa ?????

Maggie ,i kinda feel none can predict the lenghth of the damn AP. i even when i asked officer this she did not have an answer to give away ,i kinda only wanna BUG people at DOS or Consulate and maybe push it forward and have it clarified ,I wanna know if anyone have called DOS before, and if u think we should so how many days should we wait till we contact them,so please if anyone have DOS number and Consulate i would love to have it with us.

Edited by very nice

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

My husband is waiting on security checks, but it is for refugee. I wonder if I could call DOS and they would tell me the status of his checks. Whoever has the number, can you tell me what information they ask for when checking on a case. I have no idea if it would work to check with them or not since he is doing the refugee visa instead of the spouse visa. It can't hurt. I've been waiting months for this.

Very Nice, I wish you luck and inshallah you will get your visa soon. I hope your fiance is doing better.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline
My husband is waiting on security checks, but it is for refugee. I wonder if I could call DOS and they would tell me the status of his checks. Whoever has the number, can you tell me what information they ask for when checking on a case. I have no idea if it would work to check with them or not since he is doing the refugee visa instead of the spouse visa. It can't hurt. I've been waiting months for this.

Very Nice, I wish you luck and inshallah you will get your visa soon. I hope your fiance is doing better.

thanks you ,same is wished for you as well,i am still waiting on somene to give me DOS number and Casa Consulate .

THIS Ahmed????? Sounds like you dont' even know him, I wouldn't call my husband "this guy"

Adjustment of Status

18 July 2008 - AOS package sent to Chicago

21 July 2008 - Delivered at 8.38am, signed by R. Mercedo

24 July 2008 - Checks cashed, NOA sent for I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131

28 July 2008 - NOA received in mail, applied for State ID

29 July 2008 - Case viewable online

04 Aug 2008 - NOA for Biometrics (sent July 30)

20 Aug 2008 - Biometrics done

23 Aug 2008 - Received State ID card, valid for 4 years

05 Sep 2008 - Received new corrected State ID

24 Sep 2008 - AP and EAD approved

04 Oct 2008 - EAD in the mail

05 Oct 2008 - AP in the mail, applied for SSN

07 Oct 2008 - Job interview

10 Oct 2008 - First day at work

20 Oct 2008 - Social Security card in the mail, got my first paycheck

11 Dec 2008 - Passed driver's knowledge test

24 Dec 2008 - Notice for interview

19 Feb 2009 - Interview

27 Feb 2009 - Welcome letter - APPROVED

06 Mar 2009 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

Removing of Conditions

03 Dec 2010 - I-751 sent to California

06 Dec 2010 - Package received

08 Dec 2010 - Check cashed

16 Dec 2010 - NOA in the mail, dated 12/06/2010

24 Dec 2010 - Biometrics notice received, dated 12/17/2010

14 Jan 2011 - Biometrics

01 Mar 2011 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
THIS Ahmed????? Sounds like you dont' even know him, I wouldn't call my husband "this guy"

It was a mistake in his english grammer, he meant "This is Ahmed". He is talking about himself, identifying himself.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

It was a mistake in his english grammer, he meant "This is Ahmed". He is talking about himself, identifying himself.

Thanks for explaining on my behalf ,i know what she meant but i now can tell were was the mistake ...i only forgot the "IS"...i was confused and still under the stress ,so i am sorry ,tough i dont believe my english is percet .

Edited by very nice

Oh, OK sorry about that.

I am just frustrated with all the cases of fraud I heard of. Anyway, best of luck to you

Adjustment of Status

18 July 2008 - AOS package sent to Chicago

21 July 2008 - Delivered at 8.38am, signed by R. Mercedo

24 July 2008 - Checks cashed, NOA sent for I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131

28 July 2008 - NOA received in mail, applied for State ID

29 July 2008 - Case viewable online

04 Aug 2008 - NOA for Biometrics (sent July 30)

20 Aug 2008 - Biometrics done

23 Aug 2008 - Received State ID card, valid for 4 years

05 Sep 2008 - Received new corrected State ID

24 Sep 2008 - AP and EAD approved

04 Oct 2008 - EAD in the mail

05 Oct 2008 - AP in the mail, applied for SSN

07 Oct 2008 - Job interview

10 Oct 2008 - First day at work

20 Oct 2008 - Social Security card in the mail, got my first paycheck

11 Dec 2008 - Passed driver's knowledge test

24 Dec 2008 - Notice for interview

19 Feb 2009 - Interview

27 Feb 2009 - Welcome letter - APPROVED

06 Mar 2009 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

Removing of Conditions

03 Dec 2010 - I-751 sent to California

06 Dec 2010 - Package received

08 Dec 2010 - Check cashed

16 Dec 2010 - NOA in the mail, dated 12/06/2010

24 Dec 2010 - Biometrics notice received, dated 12/17/2010

14 Jan 2011 - Biometrics

01 Mar 2011 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good luck with a fast AP some are going fast while others are slow. DOS number is 202-663-1225. I always called on Friday since consulates tend to update their info by Thursday in the computer system. Some have had luck with DOS reps other have not, whenever I call I always pretended I have no idea what they are saying and ask questions, like "what does that mean" or "can you explain this process."

Good Luck!!!

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i think had your gf been posting and learning she would have understood, she also needs to be here as it was her petition for you not you doing all the checking, pls tell her to join us. It does sound like normal proocedure good luck :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Good luck with a fast AP some are going fast while others are slow. DOS number is 202-663-1225. I always called on Friday since consulates tend to update their info by Thursday in the computer system. Some have had luck with DOS reps other have not, whenever I call I always pretended I have no idea what they are saying and ask questions, like "what does that mean" or "can you explain this process."

Good Luck!!!

And if you get someone rude, hang up and call again. I never had that problem but otheres did and they would call and get a nice person (there really are some at DOS :whistle: ) and then get the info.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline
i think had your gf been posting and learning she would have understood, she also needs to be here as it was her petition for you not you doing all the checking, pls tell her to join us. It does sound like normal proocedure good luck :thumbs:

yes i agre with what you said i just told her the same because she would understand bettter ,and in addition to this her english is better but the problem she just moved to a new place and changed city and job and still busy with replacing certain things that she sold and thats including puter ,thats why she is not in here this much and she is only on phone with me now it has been 8 days ,so i try to get infos she asked for and almost post questions she would like to ask ,but she can join VJ anytime we uise same screename by the way ...thank u

Timeline

Good Luck!!!

thank you for the number we will call on Friday as well as you did ,we have emailed Consulate as well but we would like their number if possible as well in case they dont reply to our email soon .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes i agre with what you said i just told her the same because she would understand bettter ,and in addition to this her english is better but the problem she just moved to a new place and changed city and job and still busy with replacing certain things that she sold and thats including puter ,thats why she is not in here this much and she is only on phone with me now it has been 8 days ,so i try to get infos she asked for and almost post questions she would like to ask ,but she can join VJ anytime we uise same screename by the way ...thank u

yes have her come on even if fr friend or library as some of these steps she can only do for herself and papers, its hard for you when so far away to make the calls and get the informations

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

yes have her come on even if fr friend or library as some of these steps she can only do for herself and papers, its hard for you when so far away to make the calls and get the informations

yes believe me i have told her i just no wanna put more pressures and stress on her she is already got much going on and things to do ,so i try to act productive and gather help from people here that have more experience and are more knowlegable about this process ,so everytime i hear an advice or some tips from members here that i am thankful to them and u are one of them i tell her on the phone like i just did give her DOS number to call and she asked for Consulate number as well,thank you so much for your concern i so apperciate it .

Edited by very nice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

good luck, Ahmed! :thumbs:

it sounds like normal processing... i wish you a quick AP, inchallah.

and congratulations on at least surviving the interview!

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.