Will and Mae

Please Assist.

6 posts in this topic

Greetings:

Firstly, let me say hello to everyone, and to the board administrators a big Thank you for having such a forum. Secondly, if I have placed this wrongly--please forgive me and would you please still assisit.

My Fiance and I are preparing for a trip to Thailan in a little over a week. Our First meeting after knowing each other for 3 years was in Hong Kong and a very exciting and memorable one. Part of our journey there is to notorize the final papers she needs to notorize since in the country she works in they are not readily available. The thought then crossed our minds how we yearn to be married and yet know, after reading here, that it would cause troubles if we marry after the K1 Visa has been filed. So, before we actually file, and with an appointment set in Thailand with the US Embassy we could use some help in making a decision.

After reading, and a lot might I add forum entries and written info documents we know each hold their true weight in Gold in also processing. Besides for the obvious difference between the two--one Fiance... and the Second For Married, what are the benifits of each compare to the other in which circumstances. Such as maybe one would be easier to work with lets say if their was a large gap in age or another--short term knowing of each other or Fiance knows little english or applied once for immigrant already or ect... i am sure you get the nature of this question by now. Below I will share some about us, please--it would be awesome to marry her there but it is scary because ultimately we simply want to have our life together forever as soon as possible.

I met my Fiance, 3 years ago and as every Fiance out there, she is the best of the best in my eyes and the server here could not hold all the wonderful things I could share ABOUT HER, WITH THAT SAID THOUGH, we did have our first visit in Hong kong and the time was magical. There is an age difference though between us of 15 years. She extremely does not look her age but much younger. She is shy while i am vibrantly talkative. For the last few years we have wanted to marry but things have come up and not allowed such to happen. she is a resident of another country apart from her homeland. We have made engagement announcements already here and am trying to find a way to make them in the paper from her homeland but with very little success on the part of communicating with the newspapers their. we have talked with each others parents and share with them our plans. She speaks absolutely remarkable english, is loving, as like I said--she is quite shy and sometimes to those she dont know a woman of little words but never ever rudly stated, and has quite a nice professional career started in the country she resides in.

Please, we look forward, and faithfully thank each fo you assisting us in our endeavors. Do we get married and apply for the K3 or Not get married and follow the adventure of the K1. Please assist us in learning so we will also be able to help others as well, when one or the other is the obvious choice, please share with us why and for what reason.

Thanks for bearing with this long message and taking the time reading through it and most of all, thanks to each of you for assisting us in our Happy Ever After lifetime of Joy...

Sincerely,

Will

Edited by Will and Mae

As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The K-1 vs. K-3 is as you said, fiancee vs. wife. I wouldn't say one is easier than the other. So I would choose whichever you are most comfortable with (decide where you want to get married - USA, her homeland, current resident country - then go from there). Note that if you get married overseas, the K-3 interview will take place in the country where you are married. So for example, if you vacation in Thailand and marry there, you wife's interview will take place in Thailand, not her country of residence.

Do you reside abroad or in the USA? If you reside abroad and have for six months, then getting married and filing DCF would probably be the quickest path to a visa.

Best of luck!

John

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Filed: Timeline
Greetings:

Firstly, let me say hello to everyone, and to the board administrators a big Thank you for having such a forum. Secondly, if I have placed this wrongly--please forgive me and would you please still assisit.

My Fiance and I are preparing for a trip to Thailan in a little over a week. Our First meeting after knowing each other for 3 years was in Hong Kong and a very exciting and memorable one. Part of our journey there is to notorize the final papers she needs to notorize since in the country she works in they are not readily available. The thought then crossed our minds how we yearn to be married and yet know, after reading here, that it would cause troubles if we marry after the K1 Visa has been filed. So, before we actually file, and with an appointment set in Thailand with the US Embassy we could use some help in making a decision.

After reading, and a lot might I add forum entries and written info documents we know each hold their true weight in Gold in also processing. Besides for the obvious difference between the two--one Fiance... and the Second For Married, what are the benifits of each compare to the other in which circumstances. Such as maybe one would be easier to work with lets say if their was a large gap in age or another--short term knowing of each other or Fiance knows little english or applied once for immigrant already or ect... i am sure you get the nature of this question by now. Below I will share some about us, please--it would be awesome to marry her there but it is scary because ultimately we simply want to have our life together forever as soon as possible.

I met my Fiance, 3 years ago and as every Fiance out there, she is the best of the best in my eyes and the server here could not hold all the wonderful things I could share ABOUT HER, WITH THAT SAID THOUGH, we did have our first visit in Hong kong and the time was magical. There is an age difference though between us of 15 years. She extremely does not look her age but much younger. She is shy while i am vibrantly talkative. For the last few years we have wanted to marry but things have come up and not allowed such to happen. she is a resident of another country apart from her homeland. We have made engagement announcements already here and am trying to find a way to make them in the paper from her homeland but with very little success on the part of communicating with the newspapers their. we have talked with each others parents and share with them our plans. She speaks absolutely remarkable english, is loving, as like I said--she is quite shy and sometimes to those she dont know a woman of little words but never ever rudly stated, and has quite a nice professional career started in the country she resides in.

Please, we look forward, and faithfully thank each fo you assisting us in our endeavors. Do we get married and apply for the K3 or Not get married and follow the adventure of the K1. Please assist us in learning so we will also be able to help others as well, when one or the other is the obvious choice, please share with us why and for what reason.

Thanks for bearing with this long message and taking the time reading through it and most of all, thanks to each of you for assisting us in our Happy Ever After lifetime of Joy...

Sincerely,

Will

Will,

First, welcome to VJ. Second, I recommend NOT posting your entire life story on the forum as it's difficult to find what your questions truly are. :)

In terms of deciding what visa you want to get, that is entirely up to you and your girlfriend/soon to be fiance or wife.

I have heard that the K3 marriage visa is a longer process than a K-1, although both processes are very long and stressful.

If you feel as though you want to marry first, then marry first. If you feel you want to go the K-1 route, go the K-1 route.

I recommend reading the guides. although this site is designed to help one another out with questions we may have regarding visas, no one wants to spoon feed information that you can find on the website via the guides, to anyone haha.

So Will, read the guides, soak up all the information you can there, look on the internet about the pros and cons of K3 and K1 visas, then we will be happy to assist you with any other questions you may have.

But as far as deciding what visa you guys should get, that's totally up to you and your fiance, and no one else.

Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I always advise people to make their life plans based on their own personal and family priorities and then take the visa path most appropriate to the life plan. None of the issues you mention will enough difference to worry about but the countries involved may.

K1 visa requires interview in country of residence.

K3 visa requires interview in country the marriage took place.

CR1 visa requires interview in country of residence.

Certain countries have widely varying timelines from when the case leaves the US until interview. Some of the variances depend on visa type.

The countries involved are of more help to us helping you at this point than the details of your relationship.

I take it, she's 15 years older than you. Whether and how much this matters can depend on country and culture as well and if you're 18 and she's 33, that's a different story than you being 55 and her 70, so paint us the picture please.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I always advise people to make their life plans based on their own personal and family priorities and then take the visa path most appropriate to the life plan. None of the issues you mention will enough difference to worry about but the countries involved may.

Certain countries have widely varying timelines from when the case leaves the US until interview. Some of the variances depend on visa type.

The countries involved are of more help to us helping you at this point than the details of your relationship.

I take it, she's 15 years older than you. Whether and how much this matters can depend on country and culture as well and if you're 18 and she's 33, that's a different story than you being 55 and her 70, so paint us the picture please.

Wow, thanks to each of you. To answer the questions. Firstly, sorry for the long windness, being a pastor I guess I can speak quite a bit....

I reside in the U.S. and she resides in the U.A.E. with a work permit resident card. Her homeland is the Philippines and hehehe I am the one older, I am 47 and she is 32. U.A.E. is such a hard country, they dont allow women to sponser their husbands to come and live with them and to try to get even a small ring to them is useless through the safest mail carriers they do not allow anything and to find a public notary is almost impossible. Thus our trip to visit somewhere we have never been. Thanks to each of you, unless one of the dilemas mentioned in my start letter poses a problem one way or another, we will use this also as a trip for our proof and seemingly apply for a Fiance Visa. We definately dont wish to interview where its pretty hard to and costly even though travel to abu dhebi is not the easiest task either.

Once again, thanks to each of you! And I look forward to hearing more with new information.

Will

As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Wow, thanks to each of you. To answer the questions. Firstly, sorry for the long windness, being a pastor I guess I can speak quite a bit....

I reside in the U.S. and she resides in the U.A.E. with a work permit resident card. Her homeland is the Philippines and hehehe I am the one older, I am 47 and she is 32. U.A.E. is such a hard country, they dont allow women to sponser their husbands to come and live with them and to try to get even a small ring to them is useless through the safest mail carriers they do not allow anything and to find a public notary is almost impossible. Thus our trip to visit somewhere we have never been. Thanks to each of you, unless one of the dilemas mentioned in my start letter poses a problem one way or another, we will use this also as a trip for our proof and seemingly apply for a Fiance Visa. We definately dont wish to interview where its pretty hard to and costly even though travel to abu dhebi is not the easiest task either.

Once again, thanks to each of you! And I look forward to hearing more with new information.

Will

Nobody in any country I can think of will care about an age difference like yours or about rings. Good luck.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.