~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well, I'm spilling the beans. We went to Final review on January 26. After much calling to the embassy and DOS, Ahmed got his visa the day I left for Phoenix. I've been hounding him to buy the dang ticket for almost two weeks! He kept telling me "I'll take care of it Beb, do no worry". Well! He decided he wanted to surprise me. I HATE surprises!! I have to clean!!!!! Lucky for me he is now stuck in NY till morning cause immigration held him too long and he missed his connecting flight. So, I'm gonna be cleaning all dang night! I'm so mad I could spit and so excited I could pee myself. More mad though. He wanted my BF to pick him up at the airport. I've been dreaming about the day I get to pick him up! I'm gonna now! He had to call and tell me what was going on. Thank God!

I will just say, I really had a hard time when people were so excited about getting their visa's and when they got to their loved ones and I do not in any way want to put that on any of you! Even though we're happy for the others when it happens, it still hurts that it's not us. Be strong my friends. It's a test only time can pass. Today is the 1000th day since I saw my husband the last time in Egypt. We stuck it out. I know you guys can and will also. Just hopefully no where near as long!!

I may be MIA for a while, but I'll be praying for you all in the mean time. Now, I must go clean like a mad woman!

:dance::dance::dance::dance: wow u will always be an inspiration for a lot of ppl here! CONGRATULATIONS!!

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

Thanks girls! I'm so dead right now, but things are looking better and now I am going to go pass out for 4 hours and get up to go to work. I'm really too old for this!

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Well, I'm spilling the beans. We went to Final review on January 26. After much calling to the embassy and DOS, Ahmed got his visa the day I left for Phoenix. I've been hounding him to buy the dang ticket for almost two weeks! He kept telling me "I'll take care of it Beb, do no worry". Well! He decided he wanted to surprise me. I HATE surprises!! I have to clean!!!!! Lucky for me he is now stuck in NY till morning cause immigration held him too long and he missed his connecting flight. So, I'm gonna be cleaning all dang night! I'm so mad I could spit and so excited I could pee myself. More mad though. He wanted my BF to pick him up at the airport. I've been dreaming about the day I get to pick him up! I'm gonna now! He had to call and tell me what was going on. Thank God!

I will just say, I really had a hard time when people were so excited about getting their visa's and when they got to their loved ones and I do not in any way want to put that on any of you! Even though we're happy for the others when it happens, it still hurts that it's not us. Be strong my friends. It's a test only time can pass. Today is the 1000th day since I saw my husband the last time in Egypt. We stuck it out. I know you guys can and will also. Just hopefully no where near as long!!

I may be MIA for a while, but I'll be praying for you all in the mean time. Now, I must go clean like a mad woman!

Congrats Tina!!!! You must be sooooooooo happy. I hope he makes it the rest of the way with no issues!

Amanda

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm so mad I could spit and so excited I could pee myself.

OMG this had coffee spewing from my nose! :rofl:

I am sure all will be forgiven right after he holds you in his arms. :wub:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Tina, that sneaky man!! But how freaking fantastic :D

NOW, I can bring out the dancing men ;)

:dance: :dance: :dance::dancing: :joy:

and you get a WOOOOOFRIGGNHOOOOO!!!!!!

You are a very special person here, your strength and grace is exceptional. (F)

(((((Tina)))))

so, my good news of the day is that WE HAVE AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!

wooohooo! I emailed Amman and said that i thoguht the package was there and asked if they could give me the interview date and I got the response back. tada! yaaay

April 13th! Im so happy its not 60 days out.

amanda, I hope you can get a quick date also :)

Jackie,

I LOVE the red and black...my fav color combo!

As far as comfort food, mmmm Tina is always mentioning mashed potatoes, I make a killer roasted garlic mashed potatoes, with cream cheese and sour cream and herbs.

I'll bring some. its totally low cal :lol:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Wow, Congrats Tina!! :dance::dance: :dance: :dance:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

(((((Tina)))))

wooohooo! I emailed Amman and said that i thoguht the package was there and asked if they could give me the interview date and I got the response back. tada! yaaay

Jackie,

As far as comfort food, mmmm Tina is always mentioning mashed potatoes, I make a killer roasted garlic mashed potatoes, with cream cheese and sour cream and herbs.

Whoooohoooo! :dance: You go girl! You're that much closer!--Life is but a dream in honeymoon land! BUT HOLY COW you're almost there!--Good luck on the interview!--Hope to be hearing good news soon! Lemme know when the slumberparty is... lol! I'll see if I am free. Talk to ya soon!_Amy

April 29, 2008-met Amin- the man of my dreams&love of my life! May 29,2008- flew to Jordan June 1, 2008-started the long CRAZY process of standing in line, waiting for stamps, and being sent from one office to another only to pay another fee and find another line! June 3,2008-The HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! June 11, 2008- Returned home,started paperwork.June 30, 2008-Sent off I-130 pkt to Chicago.July 3, 2008-I-130 pkt received, fwd to CSC.August 4, 2008-NOA #1 August 11, 2008-Sent in I-129F pkt to CSC.August 18, 2008-NOA#2*APPROVED*September 4, 2008-NVC printed AOS instructions-(mailed Sept. 8) September 13, 2008-Rec'd AOS Bill in the mail.[/i] September 15, 2008-Used online payment option.-October 14, 2008-Sent off AOS packet with joint sponsor info.-rec'd@NVC Oct 15. October 30,2008-Got RFENovember 12, 2008-Priority to NVC,BIOGRAPH/Certs!Here we go![/b]November 19,2008RFE!#######!-overnite Nov 25-3 December, 2008-CASE COMPLETE NVC!INTERVIEW FEB 18TH-Approved!!!February 28,2009 HUBBY ARRIVED ON SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28TH, 2009---LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!ALHAMDULALLAH!

(((((Tina)))))

Jackie,

YAY LISA!!!! :dance::dance::dance: That is so great you have an interview date. Our attorney sent in the IV fee & the DS-230 yesterday, they got the I-864 this morning so we are super close do being done! According to the embassy in Amman, NVC will set up the interview for us & they will send us each a letter (and e-mail). So hopefully we can get an April interview too! That would be so great. You have waited long enough in AP so you so deserve not having to wait 60 days for the interview. Please let me know how it goes & what they ask so we can have an idea of what to expect. :) Yay...I'm excited for you!!!!

Amanda

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dancing men for you both!!! congrats! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Jax, love the pic!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Lisa!!!!! :dance: :dance: Just a matter of time girl! And thank you for what you said, that meant a lot to me :luv: Oh, and I want that recipe!!! :D

Thank you all for your congrats and well wishes. I'm running on 3 hours of sleep and getting ready to head into my second meeting of the day. Picking the turkey up from the airport at 11pm and soooo much to do!

M4E, You are right. Soon as I see him, I'm sure I'll get over it.

Thanks again to all. You've been a wonderful support and ear. I so appreciate every single one of you! I'll be checking in again, soon as I get some time. Like I said before, I don't want to make too big a deal out of this cause some of my chicka's, and Moh, are still on the couch and I know how that can be.

Love and peace to you all.

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

(((((Tina)))))

Jackie,

YAY LISA!!!! :dance::dance::dance: That is so great you have an interview date. Our attorney sent in the IV fee & the DS-230 yesterday, they got the I-864 this morning so we are super close do being done! According to the embassy in Amman, NVC will set up the interview for us & they will send us each a letter (and e-mail). So hopefully we can get an April interview too! That would be so great. You have waited long enough in AP so you so deserve not having to wait 60 days for the interview. Please let me know how it goes & what they ask so we can have an idea of what to expect. :) Yay...I'm excited for you!!!!

Amanda

thanks amanda! I will let you know all about it :D i am going to ask for the day off since it will be 1230 our time when he interviews and god knows i wont get a wink of sleep lol

and p.s, would ya quit it with the pics! :P you guys are so darn adorable together. I think you're one of the cutest vj couples! :star:

where is our brother moh? :unsure:

thanks again for all the dancing men everyone.

tina, have fun! we'll see you in a few months ;)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.