~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hoping for the AP, because of the work thing?

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

Yes, he has to stay there til Dec 31, 2009. So if he gets it before June, he will have to fly here to activate the k3, then go back to finish work.

I told him today, I don't want to discuss this visa thing any further. I want to plan my vacation and count down the days til I can fly to him.

jJ

thx for being on da couch wit me :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Yes, he has to stay there til Dec 31, 2009. So if he gets it before June, he will have to fly here to activate the k3, then go back to finish work.

I told him today, I don't want to discuss this visa thing any further. I want to plan my vacation and count down the days til I can fly to him.

jJ

:thumbs:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

jJ

sounds like a good plan JJ

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
In fact now he's hoping to stay in AP til June :(

On a brighter note....we are counting down the days til I fly to Jordan. He asked me today if I want to see Petra or Aqaba...I said....I really want to go to Mecca Mall :P

Tell him YESSSSS!!! We did both... on our honey moon! Then we did Jerash and UnQais... VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL!

He told me today that his grandfather died lastnight :( so I asked him how they do a funeral??? I have seen three VERY different Muslim weddings(mine included) but have never been involved in a funeral. He got that grin on his face-that smirk, like "I can't believe she doesn't know how to put a body in the ground" and he explained... "we wrap the body, take it to the cemetary and bury it. Then we come home and people come visit to give their regards." I said "Oh! You mean like a wedding!" and he still smirked(I can HEAR IT!) and said, "ahem! Yes sweetie." (with that OH MY GOSH IS THIS WOMAN FOR REAL?! WHAT A TWIT!-tone) LOL! He's sooo cute- even with sad news he manages to be lighthearted when he talks to me! He's really patient with all my questions, and so sweet with his answers... I LOVE THIS MAN! WITH ALL MY HEART!

Hang in there JJ! BUT really go to both They aren't that far apart, Its like 4 hrs to Petra from Amman, and then another 1 1/2-2 or so to Aqaba... There's a back route to take that is WAY faster, and more senic-VERY pretty countryside! AND FREE RANGE CAMELS!

April 29, 2008-met Amin- the man of my dreams&love of my life! May 29,2008- flew to Jordan June 1, 2008-started the long CRAZY process of standing in line, waiting for stamps, and being sent from one office to another only to pay another fee and find another line! June 3,2008-The HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! June 11, 2008- Returned home,started paperwork.June 30, 2008-Sent off I-130 pkt to Chicago.July 3, 2008-I-130 pkt received, fwd to CSC.August 4, 2008-NOA #1 August 11, 2008-Sent in I-129F pkt to CSC.August 18, 2008-NOA#2*APPROVED*September 4, 2008-NVC printed AOS instructions-(mailed Sept. 8) September 13, 2008-Rec'd AOS Bill in the mail.[/i] September 15, 2008-Used online payment option.-October 14, 2008-Sent off AOS packet with joint sponsor info.-rec'd@NVC Oct 15. October 30,2008-Got RFENovember 12, 2008-Priority to NVC,BIOGRAPH/Certs!Here we go![/b]November 19,2008RFE!#######!-overnite Nov 25-3 December, 2008-CASE COMPLETE NVC!INTERVIEW FEB 18TH-Approved!!!February 28,2009 HUBBY ARRIVED ON SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28TH, 2009---LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!ALHAMDULALLAH!

Timeline

I wanna see pics when you get back jax. yaaay for exciting trips and reunions and pics and good memories to be made.

i did love um qess, i got some pics that look like postcards..and i dont even take very good pics :P

Thanks!

Timeline

wouldnt let me edit...i just wanted to share my fav pic :D

DSC04478.jpg

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I feel defeated.

tomorrow is another day.

This living day by day in hope is really exhausting! :blink: Tomorrow is another day, chin up (F)

Tina,

(L)

You have been speperated for so long and you are still supportive to everyone else and funny. :)

And, you too Olivia!

today is a new day, but i dont feel much different, ha. I was really debating on weather or not to play hookie from work this morning. here i am, in my office. Im not that good at playing hookie lol

:blush: That's what we're here for, supporting each other, right? I would never wish my story on anyone else, but it does help me understand what everyone else is going through. And look at the bright side, you guys can all look at mine and say "Damn! I'm glad we're not like her!" :rofl:

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well, here we are, another day down on the count. One more closer to when we see our Honey's again.

Lisa (F) You're so dang sweet! Tall girls rock! Great pic!

Jackie (F) Way to be positive girl! How fun to have a trip to look forward to!

Olivia (F) Tomorrow is another new day, and another one closer to your trip too.

ARALB (F) You have a good outlook, pig songs and all!

Star (F) I'm giving up getting in shape myself, he'll just have to help me out with that when he gets here. Got your count down?

I talked to some woman today at DOS that talked really fast with an accent and she was very abrupt........... but she may soon become my favorite person there! :whistle:

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thx babe! I talked with my Mom today to get the ball rolling on the joint sponsor paperwork since it's due before waleed gets out of the military. Does anyone know if the tax returns they want have to be starting from last year 2008 or can it start at 2007 since people are still filing their tax returns for last year right now?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

awww-Tina You like my pig songs! LOL Thanks for your sweet comment. Hang in there... the time will be here faster than you realize--

Jackie---Im still sitting on the couch with ya--well ok- I visit from time to time, but I really do appreciate knowing you are only a text message away!

Star--in shape? What shape should I be? A rectangle or a rhombus--afraid this girl looks more adn more likea malformed carrot! LOL :thumbs: Its a good goal to have- I Did then I got a full time out of hte house job and am trying to keep up with hubby in another country and my three kiddos and their schedules as well!! AHHHH!--the only shape I'm in is stressed for time! But I'm young still- I live.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: ok girls... here we go on another Wednesday! YAY! :thumbs::dance::dance::dance::dance:

April 29, 2008-met Amin- the man of my dreams&love of my life! May 29,2008- flew to Jordan June 1, 2008-started the long CRAZY process of standing in line, waiting for stamps, and being sent from one office to another only to pay another fee and find another line! June 3,2008-The HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! June 11, 2008- Returned home,started paperwork.June 30, 2008-Sent off I-130 pkt to Chicago.July 3, 2008-I-130 pkt received, fwd to CSC.August 4, 2008-NOA #1 August 11, 2008-Sent in I-129F pkt to CSC.August 18, 2008-NOA#2*APPROVED*September 4, 2008-NVC printed AOS instructions-(mailed Sept. 8) September 13, 2008-Rec'd AOS Bill in the mail.[/i] September 15, 2008-Used online payment option.-October 14, 2008-Sent off AOS packet with joint sponsor info.-rec'd@NVC Oct 15. October 30,2008-Got RFENovember 12, 2008-Priority to NVC,BIOGRAPH/Certs!Here we go![/b]November 19,2008RFE!#######!-overnite Nov 25-3 December, 2008-CASE COMPLETE NVC!INTERVIEW FEB 18TH-Approved!!!February 28,2009 HUBBY ARRIVED ON SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28TH, 2009---LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!ALHAMDULALLAH!

Timeline
This is my 5th trip to Jordan. I really just wanna go to Mecca Mall :P

I'd like to go to Jerash again to take pictures. I want drink coffee in Amman at night in the outdoor cafes. Oh I just can't wait! I wish it was tommorrow!

jJ

How long you gonna go for? GOSH sure can't wait till we go back to visit! There are a few places around here we'd like to touch first! Hubby had never even heard of Yellowsotne, OR the Grand Canyon- I have never been to Yellowstone, so we'll do that first I think--he seems to not mind sleeping out under the stars!=he'll protect me!=but if he asks about the bears and their furrrrrr--I might have to laugh and scare away all the wild life around us!

Have you been to the Dead Sea then Jackie?

Lisa--- I LOVED umQuis. It was so peaceful and beautiful, we sat on the "stone couches" only they weren't couches, but broken sarcoffigises(really didnt' spell that right)! Kinda gross to think about now, but we were living in the moment--- If I could figure out HOW to load a picture into vj, I'd show you ours! Give me some time some things in this website still surprise me!--Amy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.