~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
There is a wonderful mix of MENA vj'ers ---------some have their SO's here and some are waiting. This thread is for the ones clicking on the USCIS website 1,000 times a day. For the ones having to rely on webcams and phone cards to sustain their relationships.

Check in and let's keep each other company while we wait. What are you doing to fill your time?

I am a June filer for CR1 and July for K3.

I did see some May filer approvals ! Are you all checking alot to look for a 'touch' ? Rajaa did you get touched yet?

Lulu just escaped and on his way to NVC..... Who else is waiting here? Lulu you keep us posted here on your progress.

Jackie (F)

eta: Does the K3 noa come quick?

I filed in May and send the I129f in June the only touch I got was on the I129 NOA1 that's it... still I am about the last May filier without NAO2 for CR1 from CSC now. :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
There is a wonderful mix of MENA vj'ers ---------some have their SO's here and some are waiting. This thread is for the ones clicking on the USCIS website 1,000 times a day. For the ones having to rely on webcams and phone cards to sustain their relationships.

Check in and let's keep each other company while we wait. What are you doing to fill your time?

I did see some May filer approvals ! Are you all checking alot to look for a 'touch' ? Rajaa did you get touched yet?

Lulu just escaped and on his way to NVC..... Who else is waiting here? Lulu you keep us posted here on your progress.

Jackie (F)

I hope using the tips in the CR1 forum to get in and out of NVC in a month. Good luck ! and keep us posted !

Jackie

I have a friend that filed March 5th ..WAC and no touches yet. (why is cali's letters...WAC?) But his case has issues.

#######, my case has issues too.

jJ

jJ, ANYTHING I can do to help I will..you need forms information...me to explain things to Ibrahim. Just let me know. Always here for ya. Good thing you sent in the 129F. Seriously....AMM might take that interview date and just interview for the CR1. That is what I am hoping for. Could cut like 3.5 months (1 months through NVC, and then 2.5 to interview date) off the timelines. AMM seems very reasonable and hopefully honor that request as they have done in the past. :-) I mean it's a heck of lot less work for them.

Not rec'd at NVC yet. I have just about everything done. My wife is sending signed forms with my uncle who's coming back from Jordan today....so I should be all set. Have you seen you can email the choice of agent to NVC. The format has to be perfect or it will cause delays. I have that email in R draft folder ready to go. Have Ibrahim do the same (sign the 230 part 1 and part 2). I have the 864EZ ready to go and my 1040 copy and transcripts. Have you ordered yours yet? Follow the guide Lotofpatience put together. Back in 2005 I used James shortcuts and they worked perfectly.

WAC is Western something or other...I'm sure an old holdback from days gone by. ;-)

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Timeline

ETA: have Ibrahim get his police certificate (get two copies for you and 1 for him to keep with him)....2 orginal birth certificates and translations (the Jordanians will also give an official one in English as well and I used that one instead of translating) they only cost 1 JD at the Passport office in his town...takes few minutes to get. Have him send these to you. You have the US marriage certificate/license no? I am not familiar with these for obvious reasons....but you'll have to send a official copy/original of that to NVC. Might not hurt to get another for Ibrahim to take to the consulate. Don't forget passport pictures (5cmx5cm) have him send you 4 of these. They are reasonable in Jordan :-) and have him keep 4. He will need two for the medical and won't hurt to have 2 as back up. At this point, get multiple versions of everything original/official/certified so that if they are lost then you have them readily available and don't have to wait for them to be sent. Spend a little now or a lot later in both time and $.

Won't let me edit :-(

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Case Type I-130

They recieved it on April 13, 2008

Notice Date

April 17, 2008

We have a lawyer, not sure what is up with any of it, just sit here and wait like the rest of you. I just wish it was all over and done with.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jackie (F)

We are April K3 filers! We recieved the NOA1's 10 after the 130 and a couple weeks after the 129f

The 129f was touched in mid June. No touches on the 130

I check the website for touches at least once at work after lunch and once when I get online at night lol

I've tried not to, but it doesnt work :D

I'll be requesting the last three years tax returns tomorrow via fax to the IRS for the 864 affidavit of support. (planning ahead) :yes:

I feel it coming SOON!

Good luck to everyone!

Lisa

Edited by Y_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

This is a great thread!!!!

Thx lulu for the info...I will get you Ibrahim's number and maybe sometime you can call him.

I really have to study now what is next. And I need to get tax papers........

I am grateful you all are here to share this with. Good luck to everyone.

Jackie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We have had our interview (Nov 2007) and are pending for admin. processing since that time. He is from Pakistan, but it is treated more like a MENA country. Waiting is soooooooo hard. Is there anything that can be done at this point to speed it up?

Timeline
How do I get my husband to sign the forms when he is so far???? Fedex?

I scanned mine and emailed them to him and he signed, scanned, and emailed back.

They accepted "photocopy" signatures....I would say you got very lucky. :-) I would caution against that and use only documents with original signatures. I would fill out the forms, email them...he prints them signs them (w/o putting a date) and then air mail (DHL, FedEx, etc.) them back to you. He can also start mailing you other things specified in the guides. See what the ladies at your consulate had to provide and request that your husband gather those and send to you. It is never too early to start gathering these, esp with the mail systems in MENA. Why pay $200 at the last minute, when you can pay a lot less and get things together now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

good idea... tonight i'll fill the forms out and fedex them to him tomorrow insha'allah. I know fedex can do a return service and with my discount there it doesn't hurt to start working on it now.

ok so from James' short cuts it looks like i need a copy of his biographic page a signed DS 3032 (where the heck do I find that??) and have him sign the DS 230.

The rest I have his original birth certificate.. translated and certified and police record translated and certified.

Does that sound right (besides the marriage certificate original and divorce decrees original again)

Oh and still no touch, I check @ 2-3 times a day lol...

Update from my friend, Hani. He filed an I130 for his wife beginning March and a K3 is attatched to it in cali. I check his numbers and mine. Today I open my profile and see his 130 and 129F has been touched! (mine stayed the same of course) I clicked on it and .............he got an RFE on both :(

Poor guy has been waiting 4 1/2 months....was thinking approval was right around the corner...and now an RFE.

Today I got the withdrawal papers for our original I130. Man i sure hope that doesnt mess up the new one.

jJ

Timeline

Rajaa, use the guide from Lotofpatience. You can find it here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136822 It has everything perfectly laid out. The DS3023 is a barcoded sheet NVC sends you. James' shortcuts guide you to make your own sheet. BUT now with Lotofpatience's guide, you can email NVC. you must send it from teh beneficiary (in your case your husband's) email account...if he doesn't have one then go create one on yahoo for him. I am definitely a proponent of the shortcuts, they worked great for me and that was when james first came up with them...yep I made my own barcodes and all that. But the Lotofpatience guide is kick @$$ now! Read it over and over. you can email to your hubby the forms you fill out and he can just print, sign and snail mail/fedex/dhl them back to you. Don't worry about the touches....did you have a touch where the two petitions were "put" together? The only other touch after that point was the approval. There are still a few May filers...you day is any day. ISA by THIS Friday for you.

jJ, maskeen (poor guy) that Hani. RFE (#(*#&(*$#&&*$# I would be curious to find out what it could be. Does he have any idea? My guess marriage certificate or something in arabic wasn't translated. Tell him I am sorry that he got one, but have him overnight the response back so he can get back in teh approval line. I would say end of August he will be approved. Maskeen.

My old petitions didn't really interfere with my new ones. Don't let that get to you. Which ones did you withdrawl? 130? 129? for your ex? For me, the 129 from 2005 was last touched on that approval date. The other the 130 was touched December 2007. Not sure why. The embassy sent me a cancellation letter saying more than 1 year has passed and blah blah blah. I just included that in my recent 130 and 129 petitions. Did you include divorce decree in teh new one. Hopefully the adjudicator will be able to put 1 and 1 together. ISA it won't affect these new petitions you have filed. ISA by end of August you will be approved. I can't help but emphasize the importance of getting the NVC stuff together early. That is the place where we have some control of how fast this dreaded process moves. Having everything ready is key though. You know that now we send everything to NVC for CR1/IR1 interviews in Amman. The interview is not set until case complete which requires the documents we previously sent to AMM. For the 129, the packet they send out, now CONTAINS the interview date. As you may remember, AMM used to wait until they got all the documents including medical and checklist back before giving the interview date. Now you bring them to the consulate at the time of K3 interview.

ETA: jJ you too look at the guide above and use. Does Hani come onto VJ? If he needs help he can call on me.

Edited by LuLu

I think Hani will be around here soon.

Ok I will get serious about that link you posted. Thx :thumbs:

He won't know the reason for the RFE until the letter comes. I am encouraging him to start gathering the next step now, to get thru NVC quickly. I know he is missing his wife.

jJ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.