~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

called NVC again and still same old response..." we received it XXX and it is still under review blah blah blah"

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

I called DOS almost every day from December thru April. When they changed their response to me, I was so shocked I had to ask them to repeat it :P

I hope you get good news soon :)

jJ (F)

I just got another touch, case date update. Im so happy. Finally they are working abain on our petition. :dance:

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Wow looks like things are moving around here! Congrats Beth and Jackie! We are waiting to hear from the consulate with the interview date.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I hope it's quick childress

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

That's a cute new pic of you & Yazied, Lisa. :)

Does Yazied have any last minute advice for my hubby Raad?? We have 4 days left (5 counting the actual interview day). I'm going through every single emotion that exists. Got an anti-anxiety prescription & its taking a bit of the edge off, but still ansty!!!

Oh, if your interview appt letter says they have copies of documents...etc, should Raad still bring a copy and/or original??? Did you bring additional pictures aside from the ones you sent with the I-130?? HELP! :dead::bonk::help::crying::dancing::clock::cry::girlwerewolf2xn::rofl: Can you tell I am loosing it?? lol

Timeline

OMG amanda, Yazied brought SOOO much evidence and all the pics we had(not like the thousands you guys have though :P )

We had to bring everything (we did K3) but I would have Raad bring anything he has, even if they say that they have copies. better to be overprepared, ya know?

They didnt look at anything BUT pics.

Do you have evidence of continued contact since the marriage? Bring that.

If Raad did a family book, have him bring it too. If not, dont worry,k?

I'll ask Y if he can think of anything else and let you know.

(((Amanda))))

Try to relax, although I know how you feel! (F)

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Have you guys practiced interveiw questions together?

Thanks!

It doesn't hurt to over prepare.

Bring anything and everything.

It seems like a nuisance but you never know with them :wacko:

Hi Lisa.

One month already! Wow, now doesn't it all seem like a bad dream? lol

Amanda, yeah sure you will lose it but you will also win too!

Good Luck

JAX :dance::dance::dance:

Ok...so yes we have practiced interview questions, we have the pics, we have e-mails that have been sent back & forth since I left, he has the family notebook, copies of police certificate, birth certificates, marriage licenses, my passport...etc. He has letters I sent him via snail mail with little gifts. Hmmmm...I really can't think of much else. I did tell him definitely be overprepared that not have enough. He is also going to meet with our third party agent to make sure everything is in order.

Oh, Lisa...how early did Yazied get there? Raad's appt is at 8 am.

Thanks girls. :)

Ok...so yes we have practiced interview questions, we have the pics, we have e-mails that have been sent back & forth since I left, he has the family notebook, copies of police certificate, birth certificates, marriage licenses, my passport...etc. He has letters I sent him via snail mail with little gifts. Hmmmm...I really can't think of much else. I did tell him definitely be overprepared that not have enough. He is also going to meet with our third party agent to make sure everything is in order.

Oh, Lisa...how early did Yazied get there? Raad's appt is at 8 am.

Thanks girls. :)

Amanda, what about phone bills???? I dont know if you mentioned them earlier.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

amanda,

Yazied got there at 620 or so i think? and his was at 7am. He was first in line ;)

It sounds like you guys are very well prepared. You know in your heart that it will be fine and he will be here soon :)

Lisa,

YA! I was talking to Y and saying: "it seems like none of that ever happened! like we didnt wait 13 months.. i dont even think about it."

Sure its over a year of my life i will never get back, but its paid off because we established an intimacy through forced seperation that would have only been acheived with years of living together :):wub: I HAD to think of the bright side during that wait and it really turned out to be true. I think we have an advantage that couples who get reunited quickly dont have. I think it is a big reason why there was/is no awkwardness since he has arrived... we just gelled right into a married couple, like we'd been living together the whole year.

:ok done babbling: lol

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.