puppies

knowing your fiance!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
well i really dont know what they look for in processing the noa2...

That was my point as well as there's more to a visa than the NOA2. Most of the confusion here come from people posting about what they don't know, instead of reading so they DO know.

sure there is but unless u can get the noa2 u can not proceed to the point of interview and one of the many things u have to send for the application to get permission for that is proof of meeting with in two years and also a relationship so just at the interview it is suppose to be viewed and u have to convince the interviewer thats its real and there is an on going relationship..........and if that is not the case then ur right i dont know anything

There you go again. You don't need evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship to petition. You don't need that until the interview. What you posted earlier was that how long the couple has known each other doesn't matter because you've seen short relationships get NOA2. NOA2 isn't a visa and the bona fides haven't been evaluated yet. Getting an NOA2 doesn't have anything to do with whether time in a relationship matters.

You could have met once for an hour at an airport and still get an NOA2.

then why do u have to send pic together some chats or emails?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That was my point as well as there's more to a visa than the NOA2. Most of the confusion here come from people posting about what they don't know, instead of reading so they DO know.

sure there is but unless u can get the noa2 u can not proceed to the point of interview and one of the many things u have to send for the application to get permission for that is proof of meeting with in two years and also a relationship so just at the interview it is suppose to be viewed and u have to convince the interviewer thats its real and there is an on going relationship..........and if that is not the case then ur right i dont know anything

There you go again. You don't need evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship to petition. You don't need that until the interview. What you posted earlier was that how long the couple has known each other doesn't matter because you've seen short relationships get NOA2. NOA2 isn't a visa and the bona fides haven't been evaluated yet. Getting an NOA2 doesn't have anything to do with whether time in a relationship matters.

Chats and emails are not required. Pics together can help prove that the couple has met within 2 years.

Regarding the issue of how long you've known each other being an issue - that would vary between consulates. It might be an issue at some high-fraud consulates if the couple has known each other for a short time.

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It's really not requested at the initial petitioin stage to have that supporting evidence.... most of us send a little, like phone, chat & emails, just in case there is any question and/or to help support the having met in the last two years requirment.

The security checks that make sure you are both who you say you are and that you are both free to marry are what they check for at the uscis level. What they care about is that you are legally able to petition for this person and that this person is not a threat.

timeline.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Chats and emails are not required. Pics together can help prove that the couple has met within 2 years.

Regarding the issue of how long you've known each other being an issue - that would vary between consulates. It might be an issue at some high-fraud consulates if the couple has known each other for a short time.

well then i guess more bad advise from our attorney and probably the reason we are still waiting because we sent a lot of proof that was not needed.........

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I agree with Jenn that it may not matter as much at lower fraud Consulates but I would imagine there is much more scrutiny with short relationships when it comes to the higher fraud Countries.

awww Sara hug9.gif

I sent tons of stuff they didn't really need too.. it was fun putting the past 10 years together on paper like that. :)

timeline.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You don't.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Does it make a difference how long you have known your fiance?????

I would say yes, not for the sake of USCIS but for your own sake. Do you really know this person? Do they really love YOU? or do they just want to be in the U.S. Think about it before you file. I am for sure.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You trying to please the USCIS or yourself and potential spouse? Read all the marriage failures on this board. Must be hundreds if not thousands. Marriage is so simple, divorce is not. USCIS requirements is certainly no guide to a long and happy marriage.

But in regards to the USCIS, you will be spending the next five years of your lives proofing that you are still married.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

From what I have seen, how long you know each other before you file is not a huge issue with any of the agencies your petition will come in contact with. And, only some of the embassies of the world care about it.

But, in the end, I always urge people to make sure they really know their fiance. Only fools rush into this process without knowing their soon to be spouse. It is a difficult and long process.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
From what I have seen, how long you know each other before you file is not a huge issue with any of the agencies your petition will come in contact with. And, only some of the embassies of the world care about it.

But, in the end, I always urge people to make sure they really know their fiance. Only fools rush into this process without knowing their soon to be spouse. It is a difficult and long process.

Although obtaining knowledge takes some quantity of time, "knowing" a person is more about knowledge than time. You can learn little in a long time or a lot in a short time.

As some know, I'm a dance competitor and judge in another life. I've always been amazed at how often I and others are asked, "How long have you been dancing?" I chuckle each time and simply answer but I know perpetual dance students that dance no better after 10 years than others after a month. Nevertheless the almost universal purpose of the "how long...?" question is to gauge how long it might take for the inquirer to reach a comparable level of proficiency.

As time isn't the primary issue in dance proficiency, so time is not the primary issue in knowing or building a relationship with your life partner.

Bear in mind an arranged marriage can also be bona fide and successful.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.