m0306

Please Read This!

7 posts in this topic

Hello guys, i need your opinions again.

My husband and I already filed for my removal of conditions for my greencard.

We already got the Notice of Action/ the receipt and recently we just got my ASC Appoinment which will be

on August 1st, next friday. Here are my concerns.

I am 3 months pregnant and I am planning to leave my husband due to personal reasons. Well actually, we've been trying to save our relationship because I am pregnant. And thats the reason why he filed for my removal of conditions. But I still dont think that our relationship will work out just because I am pregnant. But he said that I should just wait until I will have my biometrics done, then decide if I still want to leave him. My questions are:

1. Is there any interview before they can release the greencard? (because I am afraid my husband and I will no longer be together by that time).

2. If there will be an interview, what will happen if I go by myself without my husband? (are they still going to approved my greencard just the fact that I am pregnant?)

Honestly, I dont care about my greencard because Ive been wanting to move back to my home country. I just dont like it here in the US. But on the other hand, I am thinking about my baby's future. I know for sure that she/he will have a bright future here in the US. But one thing for sure is that I am leaving my husband.

Comments please....thank you!

----------------------------------

07-03-08 Removal of Condition Submitted to NSC

07-05-08 Documents forwarded to CSC

07-10-08 I-797C, NOA1 Notice Date

07-18-08 NOA1 Received by mail

07-17-08 ASC Appointment Notice Date

07-24-08 ASC Appoinment received by mail

08-01-08 Biometrics

CASE REJECTED (wrong fee)!!!

08-14-08 Sent I-751 package to CSC

08-16-08 package arrived at Laguna, Niguel Post Office

It's been 10 days already, checked the confirmation number and my package is still scheduled for delivery to the USCIS in California. what the heck is going on?

EuaKm4.png

We already got the Notice of Action/ the receipt and recently we just got my ASC Appoinment which will be

I am 3 months pregnant and I am planning to leave my husband due to personal reasons. Well actually, we've been trying to save our relationship because I am pregnant. And thats the reason why he filed for my removal of conditions. But I still dont think that our relationship will work out just because I am pregnant. But he said that I should just wait until I will have my biometrics done, then decide if I still want to leave him. My questions are:

1. Is there any interview before they can release the greencard? (because I am afraid my husband and I will no longer be together by that time).

2. If there will be an interview, what will happen if I go by myself without my husband? (are they still going to approved my greencard just the fact that I am pregnant?)

Honestly, I don't care about my green card because Ive been wanting to move back to my home country. I just dont like it here in the US. But on the other hand, I am thinking about my baby's future. I know for sure that she/he will have a bright future here in the US. But one thing for sure is that I am leaving my husband.

Sorry for your misfortune that you want to separate (or divorce) from your current husband. Anyways, you shouldn't have a problem filing for your green card on your own regardless if you are still married to him or not. Under the I-864 which he signed, it contains a clause that he, by law, has to support you until you get your green card or you get a job. I'm hoping you can support yourself without him so that UCSIS sees that even though you are going to divorce your husband, you can make it on your two feet. You have to show proof in the interview that you got married without strings attached and that at the time you got married it was out of love. If you can prove with evidences( like photos together, bank account that had both names on the accounts, life insurance beneficiary's, car insurance on both of your names, etc ) that the relationship was real and not some personal gain just to go here to the US, then you will mostly will get the 10yr green card even if now you have differences. Hope that helps... and good luck!!

Honestly, I don't care about my green card because Ive been wanting to move back to my home country. I just dont like it here in the US. But on the other hand, I am thinking about my baby's future. I know for sure that she/he will have a bright future here in the US. But one thing for sure is that I am leaving my husband.

Sorry for your misfortune that you want to separate (or divorce) from your current husband. Anyways, you shouldn't have a problem filing for your green card on your own regardless if you are still married to him or not. Under the I-864 which he signed, it contains a clause that he, by law, has to support you until you get your green card or you get a job. I'm hoping you can support yourself without him so that UCSIS sees that even though you are going to divorce your husband, you can make it on your two feet. You have to show proof in the interview that you got married without strings attached and that at the time you got married it was out of love. If you can prove with evidences( like photos together, bank account that had both names on the accounts, life insurance beneficiary's, car insurance on both of your names, etc ) that the relationship was real and not some personal gain just to go here to the US, then you will mostly will get the 10yr green card even if now you have differences. Hope that helps... and good luck!!

Thank for the reply. Our marriage is genuine. We were such a happy couple before but as time goes by somethings changed. I am not happy with my husband anymore. Ive been wanting to leave him before but decided to give our relationship another try. But still things are just the same until I got pregnant. And now he wants me to stay because I am pregnant. And I dont think its fair on my part. I think I can raise my baby without him either here in the US or in the Philippines were I came from. I worked before but only part time because my husband is under SSI and Social Sec, and because of that I am not allowed to work full time. Right now I am no longer working since I got pregnant. But still I am going to leave him and he knows that. I just hope that there will be no problems with my papers.

08-01-08 Biometrics

It's been 10 days already, checked the confirmation number and my package is still scheduled for delivery to the USCIS in California. what the heck is going on?

EuaKm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

First, I am so sorry your marriage hasn't worked out.

The majority of I-751 cases are approved without an interview. If there is any reason for a red flag, then the likelihood of an interview increases. Sometimes there are also interviews for 'statistical' purposes, which means that they are supposed to interview -for example 10% of applicants - and you just happen to have the luck of the draw.

If you have applied jointly and you go by yourself to the interview your application will be denied. Both partners are supposed to be at the interview unless there is a very good reason why one cannot go (ie. military deployment, hospitalized, etc.). Being pregnant assists you in proving you have a bona-fide marriage - it doesn't prove that you have a good marriage on its own. All of the other evidence has to be there as well.

Honestly, I dont care about my greencard because Ive been wanting to move back to my home country. I just dont like it here in the US. But on the other hand, I am thinking about my baby's future. I know for sure that she/he will have a bright future here in the US. But one thing for sure is that I am leaving my husband.

Your child will be a US citizen because his/her father is a US citizen. It will be easier on the child in the future if he/she has a US birth certificate so that is probably something else you wish to consider. If your personal differences are irreconciliable no, a child will not make things better, but it sounds like you want to make sure your child's father will be a part of your child's life. This is a hard situation. If you can wait until after the birth of your child before you leave that might be the easiest all around. If not, your child's birth can still be registered abroad at the appropriate US Embassy/Consulate for your country.

Good luck. You might as well go for the biometrics as it is so close and sometimes it is good not to burn any bridges before you really need to. Your application is in California and they are approving applications very quickly now so you may have your approval within 3 to 4 months - probably before your child is born. If you can wait for that, it might prove to your benefit in the long run.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Thank you all for the informations.

I guess ill just wait and see what's gonna happen.

Any other informations about my post are welcome.

Thanks again and God Bless!

08-01-08 Biometrics

EuaKm4.png

Filed: Timeline

There might be an interview. There will certainly be an interview if you do not meet the sufficiency test of USCIS for evidence of a bona fide marriage.

If you are called for an interview and attend alone, your application will be denied.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Thanks guys.

If there will be an interview and then by that time me and my husband are no longer together, I might still attend the interview. If I'm denied I will be fine to go back to my home country. Which I have been wanting to do the whole time.

08-01-08 Biometrics

EuaKm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.