sussemadel

hanging in there are you ok??

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Sometimes when we resign ourselves to the marriage ending we look for things to support it and believe those things. Have you confronted him about his online activity with other women and the consequences that it has?

Have you told him,"Look you're 30 with a baby on the way it's time to grow up now coz you're married with responsibilities. You have to get a good job and help support your family. Who do you think you're kidding behaving this way? I don't want to check what you're doing online all the time with who knows what. Some of your activity is betraying this marriage and it's unacceptable. As you're Wife I am asking you to stop this and be a Husband or we're ending this marriage and you're going back home."

There is so much more I want to post and talk about but I think I will wait till the baby gets here and see how things unfold. I think Jenns advice is correct. I am kind of not a point where I can handle big blow ups. I have super high blood pressure. things have been calm around the house for the last couple of weeks. I have been real quiet kind of resigning myself to things.. just trying to work and make a living ..

I gotta log off now. See you guys sometime this week. Ill have the laptop at home but I wont be on the site till I am at work

Cheers-

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Kat,

I hope that you are able to seriously evaluate your situation and figure out what is best for you and your kids. If you highly suspect he is here for the money and not the marraige, I hope you will not let him get away with the green card. I hate people who do that.

I wish you the best of luck and a safe delivery. Keep us posted. (and yeah that was messed up what you said about sept 11th but it was still funny)

He already has his conditional greencard and his id and social etc. Its awful hard to prove exactly that he is using me for papers, especially when he has packed his bags several times and wanted to go home. ( I know the whole September 11th thing is messed up ... but so is all the ####### he is doing> I was thinking about hiring the marines to do a gun salute in front of my birthing door... like hey girl we got your back. I just feel so sad but the positive thing is that my kids ( my son and little girl) seem to be doing really ok and are very happy about school starting. If he wants to perv on the computer or even leave me, its better I deal with that reality now than later. I have a new baby coming who means the world to me and a 3 year old little girl in therapy 3 times a week and ESE classes starting in the fall. I cant pay alll my attention to pervert over there and all the internet romances etc. I am horrified at what he s doing. There are so many things wrong on so many levels but I have got to deal with things one thing at a time. I cant get mad about him sending money home. For christs sake, he hasnt even gotten a job yet for me to be mad about. He has NO CONCEPT about how much things cost nor does he see anything really wrong with telling a married woman in Canada that shes so beautiful and hes a rose for you my cherie.. God I wanna hurl

I dont know exactly what you are going thru, but my heart goes out to you and your kids. I found some online activity with my husband also a few months back and cornered him on it and the excuses are just, well lets put it this way, it really makes you stop and re exam your marriage and wonder did they marry you for their green card or what? I hate thinking that way. But there are times i just can't get it out of my mind. My prayers are with you girl!! I hope things change and get better for you espeically with a baby on the way! (F)

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm starting to think that a part of the SO's do marry for greencards to better their lives and the lives of family members at home, but it's not the only reason. They may love their partners, they may want to support their partners as well and be with them for a long time but they need the greencards to do it.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Oh Wahrania,

As I read further and further, I feel so sad by your situation. You are on an emotional rollercoaster! Some of the things you mention that he says/does shocks me. That he'll pay you $500.00 per month and send the rest to his family, etc. It boggles my mind.

The question is: Does loving him and putting your feelings at the mercy of his actions jeapordize your health and mental wellbeing?

I am simply worried.

Tina

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
I'm starting to think that a part of the SO's do marry for greencards to better their lives and the lives of family members at home, but it's not the only reason. They may love their partners, they may want to support their partners as well and be with them for a long time but they need the greencards to do it.

ya think???

I'll never understand why you older women bring these immature children over here, when you know that they only want a green card and a job to send money back home.

Anyone who cant accept the responsibility of being a father needs some serious help.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

ya think???

I'll never understand why you older women bring these immature children over here, when you know that they only want a green card and a job to send money back home.

Anyone who cant accept the responsibility of being a father needs some serious help.

It goes for all cases not just here. Pst... I'm the same age as my Hubby.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

ya think???

Dear Desert Fox:

What's this "You older women..." comment about?????

What about all the old men who bring young women over (Thailand, Phillipines, etc come to mind).

Even saying that, age disparity is not always a "red flag" of marriage fraud.

Ya Think????

Timeline
Dear Desert Fox:

What's this "You older women..." comment about?????

What about all the old men who bring young women over (Thailand, Phillipines, etc come to mind).

Even saying that, age disparity is not always a "red flag" of marriage fraud.

Ya Think????

Its always a red flag....

Old men that bring those young women form se Asia have the same prob from what Ive seen.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline

Not so.

I was married to my first sponsored husband (8 years my junior). We were married for 8 1/2 years (after he gained citizenship) before I DIVORCED HIM. We grew apart, that's all. And even then, after divorce, we stayed together for a while and he wanted to get married again.

Edited by Nutty

Timeline
Not so.

I was married to my first sponsored husband (8 years my junior). We were married for 8 1/2 years (after he gained citizenship) before I DIVORCED HIM. We grew apart, that's all. And even then, after divorce, we stayed together for a while and he wanted to get married again.

Well, you're Nutty!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ya think???

It goes for all cases not just here. Pst... I'm the same age as my Hubby.

Oliva I agree with you on this, in respect to marrying to better their lives. I have scene this in many situations that are not just about green cards, like a couple who marries so its easier for one to go though law school or medical school while the other works or marrying to combine income together to have the things you want in life. Love is part of it too but so is it to make your lives better and your family.

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ya think???

There are 100's of thousand USC that need some serious help on this matter for not taking responsibilities for their own children.

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Very well put, Olivia - to be brutally honest I feel like this is Govi's motivation/feelings. I know especially after this past visit that he truly does love me, I feel like I can go through with bringing him here and not have the trust issues that I had last year and yet I know that he needs to help his family in Nepal by living and working in a developed country - why else marry an older woman at the end of her potential reproductive life when you come from such a family-centered culture? Still deep in my heart I feel like I can trust him - if we are financially able to support kids in a few years we can always adopt. His family is deeply religious, all vegetarian from birth, non-drinking, from their words and actions followers of 'ahimsa' so I could not see him doing something that would hurt me so much like doing a GC dash. Still I would be Cleopatra Queen of Denial if I thought the opportunity to work in America had nothing to do with his decision to marry me.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wahrania (F) (F) (F) (F)

im sorry i know its a bad time in ur life right now ur stressed on so many levels.....my prayers are with u and im trying to send u happy thoughts i know u have a lot to deal with right now.......i have not been thru what ur going thru yet and i have to say ur a much better person than i am ........i dont know if i could have contained myself in ur situation.....but u got a lot of love and support here on this board if u ever want it from so many of us to help u get thru what ever u decide to do.........

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.