boknat

Aftermath of Infopass for approved k1 petition in limbo

10 posts in this topic

I've been calling NVC every week since we received our NOA2 on June 5. Every time, I'm told that it could take up to 90 days. It's been exactly 7 weeks since then. I sent an email to my congressman on July 17th, but I haven't heard from him yet.

I just got back from my Infopass appointment and the lady told me I'd have to fill out an i-824 (Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition) which costs $340. Have any of you had to fill out a form? I feel like USCIS is attempting to swindle money away from me...but at the same time, i'd do anything to get the ball rolling.

I already bought my ticket to the philippines (september) to officially propose. By the looks of it, it doesn't look like she'd be coming back with me.

I called NVC and asked what would happen if a case number hasn't been assigned after 90 days. They said, i'd have to send over a copy of my NOA2 to get it processed. I was telling the rep that i'd be happy to forward it right now, but she advised me to wait the entire 90 days if it comes to that point. I'm telling you...this is MADNESS! I wish we were in the same boat as all the other January/February filers that have their petitions in their respective embassies. I wish you all a smooth journey.

03/13/07: Met in Philippines while on vacation

07/13/07: Official relationship

10/15/07: Trip to the Philippines

11/01/07: Flew back to California

01/29/08: I-129F sent to CSC

01/31/08: NOA1

06/05/08: Touch/NOA2

06/06/08: Touch

06/09/08: NOA2 Hardcopy

08/09/08: Touch

08/12/08: Touch

08/13/08: NOA2 Second Hardcopy

08/21/08: Touch

08/22/08: Received call from Director's office confirming that CSC mailed approval letter to NVC

08/25/08: NVC received petition (FINALLY!)

08/27/08: Manila Embassy received

08/29/08: Surprise trip to the Philippines

09/08/08: Paid for DV

09/10/08: DV sent to NSO

09/15/08: Paid for visa

09/16/08: Flew back to California

09/17/08: Medical Exam (day 1)

09/18/08: Medical Exam (day 2)

09/26/08: Interview (PASSED!!!)

10/17/08: DV sent to embassy from NSO

10/25/08: DV reviewed by consulate (no problems), waiting for next status

10/30/08: Visa shipment released by the embassy

10/31/08: Visa in Hand! WOO-HOO!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

wow, i'm sorry to hear you've had such a hassles. There's a couple of other people here on VJ that seem to be having the same problem. How very unfair.

I've never heard of the application for action on an approved petition and it seems crazy that they would charge you even more for what you've already paid to have done correctly.

I hope this is resolved for you soon.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

California sends approved petitions in batches. I think they wait until they have a truck load and then tell the driver not to speed. There have been spots where people wait forever especially if the center has had a slow period. I guess it is just taking longer to get a full load. Are others also having trouble ?? Look at other approved out of California after you. I bet you will find you have company in the lost world.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
California sends approved petitions in batches. I think they wait until they have a truck load and then tell the driver not to speed. There have been spots where people wait forever especially if the center has had a slow period. I guess it is just taking longer to get a full load. Are others also having trouble ?? Look at other approved out of California after you. I bet you will find you have company in the lost world.

That's just not the case. It appears that the CSC is sending out "batches" on pretty much a daily basis. There have been plenty of petitions approved before mine, at least one on the same day, and many approved after mine, that have long since been received (and sent on) by the NVC. I'm not buying the "truck load" theory for one second.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I've been calling NVC every week since we received our NOA2 on June 5. Every time, I'm told that it could take up to 90 days. It's been exactly 7 weeks since then. I sent an email to my congressman on July 17th, but I haven't heard from him yet.

I just got back from my Infopass appointment and the lady told me I'd have to fill out an i-824 (Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition) which costs $340. Have any of you had to fill out a form? I feel like USCIS is attempting to swindle money away from me...but at the same time, i'd do anything to get the ball rolling.

I already bought my ticket to the philippines (september) to officially propose. By the looks of it, it doesn't look like she'd be coming back with me.

I called NVC and asked what would happen if a case number hasn't been assigned after 90 days. They said, i'd have to send over a copy of my NOA2 to get it processed. I was telling the rep that i'd be happy to forward it right now, but she advised me to wait the entire 90 days if it comes to that point. I'm telling you...this is MADNESS! I wish we were in the same boat as all the other January/February filers that have their petitions in their respective embassies. I wish you all a smooth journey.

I'm sorry, but what is an Infopass?

:star:

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

This is infopass ;)

After the fee increases last year and the huge backlog, there was a time when CSC was waiting to send out approved petitions. I guess their thought was that it's more economical to ship a pallet across Country. :blink: Anyway, it meant loooonng waits for those poor CSC filers... CSC telling them they had sent it and NVC saying they haven't received it... sometimes for months. It appears that has changed tho and approved petitions from CSC are reaching NVC pretty quickly. However, there does seem to be a handful of folks who seem to be stuck in limbo. Wish I could tell you why.

I still think it's absurd that they would ask you to spend that much more money for their mistake! I would call every rep in my district until I had an answer.

i'm going to move this to general discussion so that perhaps some new light can be shed.... or more of you can find each other.

good luck to you folks left wondering.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
This is infopass ;)

After the fee increases last year and the huge backlog, there was a time when CSC was waiting to send out approved petitions. I guess their thought was that it's more economical to ship a pallet across Country. :blink: Anyway, it meant loooonng waits for those poor CSC filers... CSC telling them they had sent it and NVC saying they haven't received it... sometimes for months. It appears that has changed tho and approved petitions from CSC are reaching NVC pretty quickly. However, there does seem to be a handful of folks who seem to be stuck in limbo. Wish I could tell you why.

I still think it's absurd that they would ask you to spend that much more money for their mistake! I would call every rep in my district until I had an answer.

i'm going to move this to general discussion so that perhaps some new light can be shed.... or more of you can find each other.

good luck to you folks left wondering.

When you pressure somebody at USCIS to give you something you can "do" besides wait, the only answer available before the official, cover their butts waiting period has passed, is to say you can file an I-824 and pay the associated fee. It's not that they want you to do this or even that it will do any good. They just have no other answer to give you besides wait or file the I-824. Sad, very sad, nevertheless true.

I'm curious how one can have an approved petition for a "fiance(e) visa" and still need to "officially propose". Is this some ceremonial action? She's already your "fiancee", right?

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

there was a few other people that i remember had to wait a long time for theirs to reach there after getting the noa2.......i cant remember who it was at this point but i do remember it.......i guess u could file that paper they told u about but probably more than likely ur noa2 will reach there with in the next week or so......i know its hard to wait and ur feel like pulling out ur hair about now given the wait time for the noa2 and now waiting again but it will happen.........u have waited seven weeks already and whos to say that the document ur talking about will not take as long to move along....... the action taken that the document forces them to do than waiting until the 90 days are up and just sending a copy of the noa2 .......for sure that is cheaper i dont know how long that document takes but i bet it would be close to the same?

sending prayers and happy thoughts ur way

sara

Thanks for your support everyone. I know that we're not the only couple that's stuck (see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...6879&st=30). RichelMichael (who had posted that thread) waited a little over a month before they got their case number. I don't think I'll be filing the i-824 and pay $340. To Sarah's point, we have no idea how long it would take for that application to process, so we're better off waiting...hopefully it doesn't take the entire 90 days.

As far as the "official proposal" is concerned...we're already engaged as each other's fiance, it's just that she's not in possession of the engagement ring yet. :blush:

03/13/07: Met in Philippines while on vacation

07/13/07: Official relationship

10/15/07: Trip to the Philippines

11/01/07: Flew back to California

01/29/08: I-129F sent to CSC

01/31/08: NOA1

06/05/08: Touch/NOA2

06/06/08: Touch

06/09/08: NOA2 Hardcopy

08/09/08: Touch

08/12/08: Touch

08/13/08: NOA2 Second Hardcopy

08/21/08: Touch

08/22/08: Received call from Director's office confirming that CSC mailed approval letter to NVC

08/25/08: NVC received petition (FINALLY!)

08/27/08: Manila Embassy received

08/29/08: Surprise trip to the Philippines

09/08/08: Paid for DV

09/10/08: DV sent to NSO

09/15/08: Paid for visa

09/16/08: Flew back to California

09/17/08: Medical Exam (day 1)

09/18/08: Medical Exam (day 2)

09/26/08: Interview (PASSED!!!)

10/17/08: DV sent to embassy from NSO

10/25/08: DV reviewed by consulate (no problems), waiting for next status

10/30/08: Visa shipment released by the embassy

10/31/08: Visa in Hand! WOO-HOO!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm stuck just like you! My NOA2 was approved from CSC on June 19th and it has been 7 weeks tomorrow and still has not made it to the NVC. I did call CSC yesterday and spoke with someone. They told me they had a good idea what happened to my file and that they will have to "order it" I'm thinking my stuff got sent directly to a storage building instead of being shipped out. The man said that it will take about a week before they will get it back from the order and that it could take up to 30 days to reach the NVC which is still less than the 90 days the NVC people where telling me.

When I called the csc I went through the menu options that say "if your petition was approved but you have not received notices" I got put through to a live person after about 20 minutes.

AOS

Green Card received. May 09

Filing I-751

02/01/11 Packet mailed

02/04/11 NOA

03/08/11 Biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.