Aymerlu

Frustrated

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm not here to complain....OK yes I am :P , but I just want you gals to see this emotional torture I have been going though with the embassy in Cairo. We had our interview on February 14th. They told us "6 weeks you will have your visa" March 26th, I get a wild hair and email the embassy. There response is:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sending your e-mail message, the case was pending administrative process and will be issued and send to applicant shortly.

Regards,

Consular Staff

HOLY #######! We are sooooo excited......BUT, the next morning I check my email and see this:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email. His case still under administrative check from Washington, once we receive his clearance, we will process the case to conclusion.

Regards,

Consular Staff

#######????? You told me yesterday it WAS PENDING :o

The middle of April, I decide to call the DOS and they tell me that his security checks were cleared on April 5th!! So....I email the embassy again and the response is:

Dear Madam,

Mr. XXXs case was pending a routine administrative check that was conducted at the Department of State in Washington. This check has been completed, and the consular officer will issue his visa shortly.

Regards,

Consular Staff

OMG!!!! We are excited again! My man gets a wild hair and calls TNT and the guy tells him "OH.....we will deliver to you on Saturday! We are freakin happy! BUT, Saturday comes and goes and NOTHING. Then he calls and they have no idea what he is talking about. :angry:

I email the embassy again over the weekend and now this is what they say.....

Dear Sir, (Hello....I am NOT a sir) ;)

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately additional administrative check is required for your case. Once we finish our procedures, we will notify you.

Regards,

Consular staff

What the he$$ is up with this? I am at work when I see this and I just fell apart. How can they play with our minds, hearts and lives like this? I did call the DOS again and the lady did verify this. When I asked why he was cleared a few weeks ago, and now the embassy sent it back to them, she had no answer for me. I really never knew I could possibly ever feel so low. I came home and cried all day today and I am sitting here at my computer crying. My head hurts and I swear I'm on the verge of a panic attack. (never had these boogers till I started this process)Before I knew he was back on checks I contacted my congressman who asked me for all his information, but I guess not that he is in checks again, nothing can be done. :crying:

I just feel lost. I have lost friends over this process (guess they were not my friends eh?) and I feel I don't have a lot of people I can talk to about this including my family. I know I relay on a lot of you gals here so I apoligize if I get on your nerves with my complaining. :blush: I just want my man with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wow....I am so sorry to hear this, comparing myself to you I have no reason to complain yet. I he gets his visa soon, hang in there honey (F)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

awww Amy - Im sorry to hear your having difficulty. Remember its darkest just before dawn. I know at this time it does NOT help the pain go away, but keep positive, this AR WILL come to an end and you WILL get to change ur name :D

((((hugs))))

Laura :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Amy

I know you are frustrated. You can have AR and then AP or reversal. I also know that some of the security checks could of expired by the time others have cleared. It means that they have to redo some of the checks possibly.

I also know the last week of each month and the first week of the following month all cases that have been in AR/AP go into visa review meetings. It is reviewed stateside and then recommendations from DOS are sent to the consulate/embassy. The embassy then has a meeting and they will hold the application, ask for more evidence or have new checks run if they are not finalized. Once all parties are in agreement they contact the applicant via a letter to return with passort to issue the visa.

My advise is to call DOS on Thursdays for an update. This is how I found we had cleared and a letter was being sent to Ishteaq. They would not tell me the contents. He had to go back to the embassy since they had not kept his passport.

Hang in there and hugs. I had the same roller coaster ride you did.

Mary

Edited by mianishqsrose

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Aymerlu,

I'm so sorry you're going through this... I'm sorry that so many of us have to go through this... this has been one of the most trying experiences of my life that's for sure...the worst part is not knowing and not being able to get any straight answers (the embassy once told me it could be 2 hrs, 2 wks or 2 yrs!!!) and unfortunately most people don't understand what it's like in our shoes, not even family members or true friends who try to be supportive... I'm so grateful for this website - Mary has especially been a blessing :luv: - we're going through it with you or some others have gone through it and others are about to begin - the support here is amazing...

I pray that we all get through this insha'ALlah - preferably sane... and I just try to remember that I need to take it one day at a time... eventually our guys will be with us insha'Allah ;)

Hang in there.

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

sucks big time! sorry to hear that.. :(

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Have you contacetd your congressmen or senator ? When I was going crazy they answered all of my questions that I couldnt get answerd through NVC or the embassy. Maybe they can tell you what's really going on. Good luck !

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Man, they are soooooooo cruel. They have no idea, or they dont care, what they do to people's lives. I am sorry this is happening to you. I hope and pray it is resolved soon. You deserve good news for Goodness sake!!

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Amy, I'm sorry for this unpleasant roller coaster ride you're on... insh'allah, it will come to an end soon and Khalid will be w/ you before long. Just know that we are here for you and we *do* understand! No one else who isn't in our shoes will ever understand what we are going thru....

(((((hugs)))))

keep ur chin up, honey! (F)

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline
Have you contacetd your congressmen or senator ? When I was going crazy they answered all of my questions that I couldnt get answerd through NVC or the embassy. Maybe they can tell you what's really going on. Good luck !

Yes, I did contact my congressman and he sent me a letter requesting all his info, case number, etc. which I did send to him. However.....this was before he case went back into checks again. I've been told that once in checks, there is nothing a congressman can do. :crying: I called his office today and told them there was a change in the case, gave them the details and they asked to see all the conflicting emails. Maybe one he is out of checks and they take their time, something can be done then.

Filed: Timeline

Amy, I talked with Mohammed about this tonight. He said that he is really feeling you both. He's with you too. One thing we have discussed often now is that it appears whoever answers the emails out of Cairo is not American, or English is not their mother tongue. The wording is always a wee bit "different" then your run of the mill American. This really confounds things. We need to take the words very literally and the statements are so..... CONFUSING... its hard to really fully grasp what the heck they mean. I have asked several times for clarifications and of course they never come.

I really would venture to bet one of the checks simply expired and they are rerunning it. Believe me, even though we haven't been waiting as long as you have, I have danced on the edge of several melt downs. I know what you're feeling. But Amy, just hang tight. This information has really knocked you for a loop. You've seen it happen to me. Cry it out, stay close to those who can hold you up until you can stand on your own again, and you will see it's all going to be okay.

This is a damn brutal ride we are all on. I have taken the personal vow to just sit now in the silence of not knowing anything but that will Mohammed WILL come (I won't accept anything less) and that I do not know when that will be... but he will come. Please do the same. A delay is not a denial. And you do have friends here who understand and who can support you. Hell... we can sit and cry together!

VIVA LA EGYPT... pfft

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hang in there, it will be over soon, they just like to make us suffer. Be strong and your sweety will be with you soon.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, they do seem to enjoy the suffering. I can also relate to losing friends...or so-called friends over this. Just_waiting is most likely right...one of the checks could have expired and they need to do it again. Please hang in there Amy...it will happen insh'allah , will be very soon.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline

Oh Amy, I am sorry you are going through this. At least Amr and I have not get all the conficting info. All they told him was that he was dead! LOL! I really think there was more organization at my dogs training school than there is at that embassy! I really feel for you hun, I can't imagine what I would be doing or how I would be feeling if I could not be here with Amr. Remember, our offer still stands, we would love to see you and the kids!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.