USMA

Student Visa Approved now Filing K-1

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

To make a long story short, my fiance (in Morocco) had student visas approved for January and June of this year but decided not to use them and to do the fiance visa instead to make things less complicated for us; and was denied a tourist visa in March because he had a student visa; is that going to complicate our case (filed May 8th) from being approved?

We met online in November, 2005 and it definitely complicated his decision to come on the student visa. Did we make matters worse? Has anyone had a similar situation?

Filed: Other Timeline

I just don't understand why he decided not to use the student visa, giving him some education and you two some time to get to know each other.....if we had been given that opportunity we surely would have taken it....and we don't even come from two such diverse cultures....and please I mean no offense by that. It just seems like it would have been a wonderful opportunity.

I have no real answer to your question. But I can't help but think with the reputation Morocco has for wanting proof of the validity of the relationship, a little one-on-one time on the same continent would only have helped your case.

Edited by rebeccajo

I just don't understand why he decided not to use the student visa, giving him some education and you two some time to get to know each other.....if we had been given that opportunity we surely would have taken it....and we don't even come from two such diverse cultures....and please I mean no offense by that. It just seems like it would have been a wonderful opportunity.

I have no real answer to your question. But I can't help but think with the reputation Morocco has for wanting proof of the validity of the relationship, a little one-on-one time on the same continent would only have helped your case.

:thumbs: I would have to fully agree with rebecca here. Morocco has a reputation for RETURN of PETITION based on validity of relationship. I would have to say that I think you missed the perfect opportunity for getting to know each other better. in light of the new IMBRA law -you proble shot yourself in the foot!

roll the dice make your move see what happens now is all I can say. cant advise ya.

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have to agree with the other ladies. He really should of came on the student visa and that way you could of met the meeting requirements and gotten to know each other better. All you can do is attempt this and hope for the best.

Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
To make a long story short, my fiance (in Morocco) had student visas approved for January and June of this year but decided not to use them and to do the fiance visa instead to make things less complicated for us; and was denied a tourist visa in March because he had a student visa; is that going to complicate our case (filed May 8th) from being approved?

We met online in November, 2005 and it definitely complicated his decision to come on the student visa. Did we make matters worse? Has anyone had a similar situation?

I just think you're going to have a bit of explaining to do at the interview. He received a student visa, but then didn't use it...and right there that probably would send up a red flag to the consulate. They will wonder why he applied for visa(2 of them?) to come in January and June.....and didn't use either. Then he applied for a tourist visa, and at that time they probably had doubts about his credibility (not saying he IS dishonest...but that's how the consulates will think...they are very cautious), since he never used the visas he previosuly had.

Now to boot...he's applying for yet ANOTHER visa, the I-129f in just a 6 month period.

So....yeah...I would say they will question you both a bit. Not just for the amount of visa applications, and some not even being used...........but also because from your timeline, it looks like you hardly have had any time together, and are already engaged. (one month talking on the internet...then met a short time in Morocco...and a few days later, engaged...then a month or two later...filing an I-129)

You two might be the most honest and genuine people in the world.....but just from the facts you've given, I would say that you will have to do a bit of explaining.

Good luck.

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

I understand and appreciate all of your responses. A lot has happened in his life since December with his family. He had to use all of the money he saved for school for his family and now doesn't have the money to pay for school. He does have a paid ticket to come to the US though and was going to try to use it to see me on a tourist visa. It has been difficult for me to go back to see him because of my financial situation right now.

I have a good feeling about the fiance visa but after reading some of the posts, I wondered what could happen. He does have a good reputation with the Embassy in Casa. They had to deny his tourist visa because he was already issued a student visa.

I guess in time we will see what will happen...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.