americag1234

Review for Medical Examination at Dr. Seiden, Toronto Ontario

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My medical examination was on Monday July 14th/2008. Well, I got to Dr. Seiden's office in Toronto for my medical examination and there were about 4 other people waiting as the front doors were locked. At about 7:15a.m. someone came to let us in at around that time. They asked us for a copy of our appointment letter and then led us to wait in the waiting room until our names were called. So I was the first one, the secretary brings you back into another room where she asks you for your passport, your 2 passport photos and immunization records. Then she gave me a bunch of my papers to hold onto and then I sat in this waiting area in the hallway and the nurse brought me in to get my chest x-ray done. Once the chest x-ray was done, I had to sit back in the waiting area in the hallway and this lady brought me into an examining room and I waiting for a little bit and a doctor came in to take my blood pressure, once she took my blood pressure she said it was to high and that she would take it again later. Then, Dr. Seiden came in to talk to me, he asked me a bunch of questions on certain illnesses(if I've ever had them) then the other doctor came in and fully examined me. I think the other doctor was a resident doctor because throughout the whole examination, when she checked my eyes she said that I had something and then when Dr. Seiden came in, he said I didn't have it. Then when she checked my heart beat, she said that my heart beat skips a beat and Dr. Seiden and this other doctor were corresponding in communication on whether I should do a cardiogram. Finally, she wanted me to do a cardio gram, after this I had to do my blood work and the lady that does the bloodwork is the one that does the cardiogram. I then had to pay $185.00 for the medical examination. I had to wait about 2 1/2 hours until I was able to do my cardiogram. Once the cardiogram was done, she told me that based on the cardio gram my heart is normal and that Dr. Seiden will come and talk to me after. So then the resident doctor and Dr. Seiden called me in to talk to me about my cardiogram results and he said that my heart is normal and that my results do show my heart beat skipping in two areas but it's not something that he foresees as a problem in the future. He said it could have been that I was nervous and that's why it was doing that. Then on Friday last week I went to pick up my results of my medical examination and they gave me a sealed envelope and a copy of my chest x-ray and they said I have to bring this to my interview. All in all, I spent about $5.00 for parking because between 7:00 a.m. to 8:30a.m. the parking in front of the building is free.

Edited by americag1234

"With God All Things Are Possible,trust in the Lord with all your heart,mind,Body and Spirit."

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2007-03-09

I-130 Sent : 2007-05-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-06-07

I-130 Approved : 2007-09-26

NVC Received :

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2007-11-13 -

Pay I-864 Bill:

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :

Pay IV Bill :

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-03-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-13

NVC Left : 2008-06-26

Consulate Received :

Appointment Letter Received: July 05/2008

Medical Examination: July 14/2008

Interview Date : 08-08-2008

Visa Approved: 08-08-2008

Visa Received : 08-14-2008

US Entry : 08-29-2008

Comments :POE very smooth at Pearson International Airport.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 128 days from your filing date.

Dr Seiden's office was a good experience for me too. I didn't have any other Dr's though. Just the nurses and Dr Seiden.

We were at his office by 6:45 and parked right in front. I liked him.

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think this is the Doc i will go to once that time comes - if it ever comes =p

thanks for posting the review!!!

Date of I-751 = 03/05/2011

NOA Date = 3/08/2011

Biometrics = 04/11/2011

Approved = 09/08/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.