americanlass

I simply can't believe this!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

So...my fiance had his interview today and the news we received was very depressing. My fiance got a DUI about 18 years ago and on his medical forms, they asked if he abused or missused alcohol. He is by no means an alcoholic, maybe has a beer here and there, but they asked for him to go to the same place he had his medical to get a toxicology report and our visa is pending at this time. I've never heard of them asking for a toxicolgy report and I think this is out of character. My main problem is that my fiance does smoke pot from time to time(very rarely), but he did have like 2 puffs last night so it will more than likely show up on the toxicology report. At this point, I don't know what to do but I would love any help and any answers on this would be greatly appreciated.

I-129F sent to Cali on Dec. 19, 2007

Received NOA1 on Jan. 17, 2007

I-129F approved March 21, 2008

NOA2 Hardcopy March 26,2008

Letter from NVC sent March 29, 2008, received April 3, 2008

The Brit received Packet 3 on April 14, 2008

Medical May 16, 2008-passed yay!! :)

Packet 3 returned June 1, 2008

Packet 4 received June 2nd, 2008

Interview July 16th, 2008!!!!

So...my fiance had his interview today and the news we received was very depressing. My fiance got a DUI about 18 years ago and on his medical forms, they asked if he abused or missused alcohol. He is by no means an alcoholic, maybe has a beer here and there, but they asked for him to go to the same place he had his medical to get a toxicology report and our visa is pending at this time. I've never heard of them asking for a toxicolgy report and I think this is out of character. My main problem is that my fiance does smoke pot from time to time(very rarely), but he did have like 2 puffs last night so it will more than likely show up on the toxicology report. At this point, I don't know what to do but I would love any help and any answers on this would be greatly appreciated.

What triggered the request for the additional report? Did the DUI show up on his police report? Did he know last night that he would have to go for this additional test soon? It would be a very serious problem if it showed up on the report.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have had SO's in the Jamaican threads denied cause they admitted smoking the ganga in the past, even if they deny usage now and are clean on testing.

It is all about who you get at the interviews.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

You have every right to be concerned as if pot shows up on the report he faces a life time ban for being a "drug user".

Some products do work to clean the "pot" out of ones system. Get working on what's the best one.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Go to GNC or Vitamin World type places and get Golden Seals. It is some herbal supplement that cleans out your system.

It works...believe me on that one!

I think that would be too late now. As it seems the embassy requested an immediate toxicolgy report. There was a similar request from the embassy last year reported on brit expat visa forms. The guy had to go straight to the medical place to provide a test.

Sending you guys good vibes.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

What triggered the request for the additional report? Did the DUI show up on his police report? Did he know last night that he would have to go for this additional test soon? It would be a very serious problem if it showed up on the report.

I'm sorry I didn't fully read your post and got confused on the dates.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Timeline

Do you think I have any other choices here....could I apply for a visa to be married and live with him in the UK? My report is clean, don't do drugs, we really are legit. I've come to terms that he probably can't come to the U.S. now, but would there be any reason why I couldn't go there?

If the worst happens and he isn't able to immigrate to the US there would be no reason why you couldn't immigrate to the UK....it is a whole lot easier and quicker....good luck :thumbs:

Timeline

The just stated it would be a toxicology test...but with a previous DUI, I'm wondering if they just checked for alcohol, do they have to specify if they are doing a drug test? I know in the US, they inform you if they are testing for drugs.

I'm really wondering what my options are...could I hire a lawyer and try to fight this, saying he smoked a joint thinking it was a cigarette(in the UK, they roll their own cigs, and if they roll joints, most of the time they have quite a bit of tobacco in them as well.) Is there anyway to fight this?? He's not a drug user, the rest of our petition and interview were fine. I'm wondering if we could do another drug test in the future to prove he doesn't use, and maybe he could do random drug testing for awhile while he is in the U.S.

I'm looking for any options here to be with him...I love him, and I ain't giving up. Just wondering what I can do, should we go for a K3 visa and for me to reside in the U.K. with him or should I try and prove to the American Embassy in London that this was just a hitch?

If the worst happens and he isn't able to immigrate to the US there would be no reason why you couldn't immigrate to the UK....it is a whole lot easier and quicker....good luck :thumbs:

Under which circumstances should I apply? If we got denied a K1 for US entry, will that hurt our chances of being together on say a K3 or something? How soon after denial can I reapply? Thanks for all your help, I'm just frantic at this point, all this time and hoping, it really is a mess right now.

I'd advise reading up and asking questions in the Waiver section - there are people there who will be able to help better and there may be someone with a similar case there, but you do have the right to request one based on hardship.

If you are denied, it won't matter if you have a K-3 or K-1 as he will be considered inadmissable due to drug use (kind of stupid for a joint, I know, but that's the law)

You can, of course, apply for a UK fiance visa which is very straightforward and quicker than the waiver process, if your goal is to be together soon. Look here for advice about that here:

http://uk-yankee.com/

Edited by rkl57

90day.jpg

To me no matter how often or how much a person uses drugs they still shouldn't be allowed in the US as they end up purchasing here and supporting the "bad guys".

Yeah we have LOTS here already but why add to the mesh!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I just have one question... what exactly is a toxicology report? I mean if they find alcohol in his system there's no problem with that cause alcohol is legal with or without a DUI.. so they would have had to have a reason to test him for something else. I just don't understand what a toxicology report has to do with a DUI... can it show if he's a big time drinker/alcoholic or does it just show if there's alcohol in his system?

oh by the way... I forgot to wish you luck!! you're in my thoughts and prayers! Don't give up!

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.