Nita&Assaad

Waiting For Qualifying Date???

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey everyone....So I am sooo confused!! :wacko:

First I called NVC on Friday morning to see what was the status of our case, then the NVC operator told me that they had found my file :whistle: (They didn't tell me it was lost :( all this time I was calling, all they said was that it was being reviewed) and then she told me it was send for review on 7/17 and that she would put a note to a supervisor because it was already suppose to be in review :bonk: ok I accepted that as positive news and hang up. Then the Curious bee that I am, I called on Saturday to NVC Automatic phone service to see if the status of my case had been updated or change and it said that "NVC has Received your checklist on July 17", what the HECK!?!?!?! They received it on June 23 :crying::crying:

So then early this morning I woke up determined to talk to a supervisor. When I finally got through the NVC Operator told me that they had received all the required documentation and that they were just waiting for a "QUALIFYING DATE" to set up interview date. So I asked her what about the automatic phone system saying they received it on July 17, she just kept telling that they had to wait for "Qualifying Date". What does this mean??? I asked her if it means "CASE COMPLETE" ??? And she said no, once they get "Qualifying Date" then the automatic phone system will know to update to "Case Complete"....... :bonk: Huh... So then I asked to speak to supervisor to clarify this status and she told me that one was not available and too call back end of this week to check status again :(:( So my confusion is when did the system change? :wacko: confused!!! Just wonder if this has happen to anyone else, or what do you think it means... I am biting my nails trying to figure it out!?!?!?

:help:

nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I had my DS-230 put in the system on 7/17 same as you and I have the same exact message on the auto response as you do. So if they are waiting on a "qualifying date" then maybe that is the same for me. I hope we find out what that means.

First I called NVC on Friday morning to see what was the status of our case, then the NVC operator told me that they had found my file :whistle: (They didn't tell me it was lost :( all this time I was calling, all they said was that it was being reviewed) and then she told me it was send for review on 7/17 and that she would put a note to a supervisor because it was already suppose to be in review :bonk: ok I accepted that as positive news and hang up. Then the Curious bee that I am, I called on Saturday to NVC Automatic phone service to see if the status of my case had been updated or change and it said that "NVC has Received your checklist on July 17", what the HECK!?!?!?! They received it on June 23 :crying::crying:

So then early this morning I woke up determined to talk to a supervisor. When I finally got through the NVC Operator told me that they had received all the required documentation and that they were just waiting for a "QUALIFYING DATE" to set up interview date. So I asked her what about the automatic phone system saying they received it on July 17, she just kept telling that they had to wait for "Qualifying Date". What does this mean??? I asked her if it means "CASE COMPLETE" ??? And she said no, once they get "Qualifying Date" then the automatic phone system will know to update to "Case Complete"....... :bonk: Huh... So then I asked to speak to supervisor to clarify this status and she told me that one was not available and too call back end of this week to check status again :(:( So my confusion is when did the system change? :wacko: confused!!! Just wonder if this has happen to anyone else, or what do you think it means... I am biting my nails trying to figure it out!?!?!?

nita

Cyndi Moncada

Timeline

But when was your DS-230 originality entered into NVC system?? My was on June 23, then it changed to July 17. This is why I am confused :wacko:

Nita

I had my DS-230 put in the system on 7/17 same as you and I have the same exact message on the auto response as you do. So if they are waiting on a "qualifying date" then maybe that is the same for me. I hope we find out what that means.

nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yep I understand. Mine was enetered right away the day after they received it. I bet someone missed placed your file and they are just now getting it going. You should have your interview date by now. Well I am very sorry about that but I bet you anything it was just sitting aside somewhere all this time.

But when was your DS-230 originality entered into NVC system?? My was on June 23, then it changed to July 17. This is why I am confused :wacko:

Nita

nita

Cyndi Moncada

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

that happened to me...my DS230 was entered on May 12th and then on June 13 they updated it to "we receive your checklist"...i think they do this because they made a mistake and they don't want their "average" of completing cases to get messed up so they put that they received at a later date if they noticed that they haven't completed your case yet...hope that makes sense...cause when i was calling seeing why my case took so long to complete the operator would say your case should have been reviewed already and she will put a note in my case for the supervisor to reveiw...I have another thought about this...it could also mean that they may have many applications from that typical country and recieved them around the same time and they want to space the applications out so the country does not get overwhelmed with applications so maybe that is what they meant by "Qualifying Dates"....my thoughts...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

So jgay, how many days between your second "we received your checklist" date of June 13 to "case complete"?

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Nita

that happened to me...my DS230 was entered on May 12th and then on June 13 they updated it to "we receive your checklist"...i think they do this because they made a mistake and they don't want their "average" of completing cases to get messed up so they put that they received at a later date if they noticed that they haven't completed your case yet...hope that makes sense...cause when i was calling seeing why my case took so long to complete the operator would say your case should have been reviewed already and she will put a note in my case for the supervisor to reveiw...I have another thought about this...it could also mean that they may have many applications from that typical country and recieved them around the same time and they want to space the applications out so the country does not get overwhelmed with applications so maybe that is what they meant by "Qualifying Dates"....my thoughts...

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So jgay, how many days between your second "we received your checklist" date of June 13 to "case complete"?

Nita

It was 5 days....June 13 we received checklist and June 18 case complete...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

Well I hope you get an Interview date soon because you been waiting a long time!!! Good luck to you!!! :thumbs:

I am praying maybe tomorrow will be our day!! INSHALLAH for Case complete!!

Nita :whistle:

Nita

It was 5 days....June 13 we received checklist and June 18 case complete...

Edited by Nita&Assaad

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: Country: Lebanon
Timeline

nita

Hi Nita i'm very sorry about wahts happening with your case , i hope every thing will be better for you pretty soon INSHA ALLAH. Anyway the system haven't changed my cheklist entered into the system July 2 and i got case completed on July 11th .

I think you should call again and try to speak to a supervisor to know what's going on ,hopefully you will get case complete very soon i'm praying for you.

Timeline

Thank you Moefado... Alhamdulillah our case was complete today!!!

Now on to waiting for interview date! Have you called to get your interview date?? I would call everyday!! :whistle:

Nita

nita

Hi Nita i'm very sorry about wahts happening with your case , i hope every thing will be better for you pretty soon INSHA ALLAH. Anyway the system haven't changed my cheklist entered into the system July 2 and i got case completed on July 11th .

I think you should call again and try to speak to a supervisor to know what's going on ,hopefully you will get case complete very soon i'm praying for you.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.