UmmSqueakster

ME and NA photo album

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well, since our old picture thread is now archived, how about we start a new one?

This is dh and I this weekend at the Como Park Conservatory. It's one of our favorite places to go, especially when it's freezing outside. This room is available for weddings, and DH has decided that we're going to have a ceremony there (how many ceremonies do we need?), even though it costs $5000 :unsure:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Hey Rahma...

That's really cool...I didnt know you were from minnesota!!! Way cool.. I live in NE minneapolis. The conservatory is really beautiful! Hey 5000 is better than 7000 + for a hotel. By the way, what's the capacity there? That would be so cool if we could pull off our wedding there, eventhough we have a billion and a half guests!! lol..

Best wishes for wedding planning!!

Fatima

K-1 Adjusting status

March 2nd 2006- we got married!

April 26th- AOS & EAD papers sent to chicago lockbox

May 2nd- NOA1 issued

May 10th-touched!

May 25th-appointment letter for biometrics sent out

June 17th-biometrics-completed!

June 20th- touched!

July 27th- EAD approved.

August 10th- AOS interview!! Approved! Alhamdulillah.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Great Idea! I love showing photos. That is a great photo of you and your husband. I lost a lot of photos from my trip to Algeria. For some reason the photo machine could not read one of the SD cards from my digital camera. Even in the camera it said "ERROR". Don't know what happened. Insha'allh, I will get a lot more photos when I go back next month.

Here is a photo of Hachemi and me in Setif.

Meriem

post-18316-1139344632_thumb.jpg

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey Rahma...

That's really cool...I didnt know you were from minnesota!!! Way cool.. I live in NE minneapolis. The conservatory is really beautiful! Hey 5000 is better than 7000 + for a hotel. By the way, what's the capacity there? That would be so cool if we could pull off our wedding there, eventhough we have a billion and a half guests!! lol..

Capacity is under 100, so I'm thinkin ya'll wouldn't fit. :P Do try to visit soon though, they have beautiful lilies in the sunken gardens.

We should have dinner sometime. I know Amera lives in Eau Claire and was thinking of popping into the cities some time for that. When Ahmed gets here, we should organize a VJ get together.

Ok people, post pictures! I :luv: pictures, so get to it.

Here is a photo of Hachemi and me in Setif.

Meriem

Did Hachemi go to Uni in the US, or did you get him the shirt? I got my dh a Wisconsin ball cap and shirt and he wore it all the time :luv: He loved to have people ask him about it, so he could brag about his wife going to school lol.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Woo hoo let's get together! Seriously - Youssef is going crazy here in middle America. His only happy times (well not only but really happy times) are when he comes skipping out of the mosque on friday afternoon. He feels really isolated and alone here and he thinks that everyone looks at him funny. I know he would love to talk to other Arab people and he wants to go to Minneapolis to see "all the big buildings" haha. Let's do it - what about next month? On a Saturday or something?

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi Rahma

I took him the shirt and an Ole Miss ballcap. I brought an Ole Miss pullover to wear while I was there. He wanted to wear it one day and I said ok. The day before I was to leave, he said "you are leaving this for me?"

So I left my favorite pullover in Algeria. How could I refuse? I just love the man. :yes:

Meriem

Edited by Meriem_setif

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.