ninjarocket

NBI questions

8 posts in this topic

Just have some simple questions about the NBI that I'm hoping someone with experience can answer:

1) my wife has an NBI clearance that she obtained in May. Will the NVC consider that too old? My I-130 was recently approved.

2) is the NBI clearance the same thing as a police clearance (as required by the NVC), or will she need to ask for that separately?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just have some simple questions about the NBI that I'm hoping someone with experience can answer:

1) my wife has an NBI clearance that she obtained in May. Will the NVC consider that too old? My I-130 was recently approved.

2) is the NBI clearance the same thing as a police clearance (as required by the NVC), or will she need to ask for that separately?

As long as the NBI clearance is still valid, i think it has a year of validity date.

Police clearance is different from NBI clearance,

1. NBI should say "Valid to travel to US" or "Valid for travel abroad". It has 1 year validity so it's still fine.

2. NBI is different from Police clearance but Police clearances are not required according to documents needed to be submitted in particular from USCIS website....Country: Philippines. Please check on the website for that.

I hope it helps :star::star::star:

More specifically I'm referring to the additional stuff that is required by the NVC that accompanies the DS-230

Among the listed requirements on the DOS website is "Police Certificates." I wonder if that just means NBI clearance in relation to the Philippines.

Maybe you could just let me know which documents you submitted with your DS-230 since you've already been there?

cheers

1. NBI should say "Valid to travel to US" or "Valid for travel abroad". It has 1 year validity so it's still fine.

2. NBI is different from Police clearance but Police clearances are not required according to documents needed to be submitted in particular from USCIS website....Country: Philippines. Please check on the website for that.

yes, absolutely, what I did submit when NVC requested for evidences together with DS-230, is NBI clearance (bearing my married name, middle maiden name to be exact, this are very important details you should not miss) and should be specifically travel to US. as we all know there's NBI clearance that says "valid for local use only". No local police celarance required nor I submitted police clearances as evidence, just the NBI and it was enough. You can find it at NVC website, requirements by country,

More specifically I'm referring to the additional stuff that is required by the NVC that accompanies the DS-230

Among the listed requirements on the DOS website is "Police Certificates." I wonder if that just means NBI clearance in relation to the Philippines.

Maybe you could just let me know which documents you submitted with your DS-230 since you've already been there?

cheers

In my particular case, my wife is still using her maiden name in order to simplify the I-130 and I-129F applications. We did this in order to avoid her having to apply for a new passport, intending to do the name change later.

In this case, does the NBI clearance still need to be in the married name, or will the maiden name be fine?

yes, absolutely, what I did submit when NVC requested for evidences together with DS-230, is NBI clearance (bearing my married name, middle maiden name to be exact, this are very important details you should not miss) and should be specifically travel to US. as we all know there's NBI clearance that says "valid for local use only". No local police celarance required nor I submitted police clearances as evidence, just the NBI and it was enough. You can find it at NVC website, requirements by country,

cheers

Please learn from my experience.

My husband applied for my maiden name the first time he filed the petition (I-130 and such). But it was a big mistake!

I am having problems now that my VISA was printed wrong including all of my AKAs.

NBI shoulLD read all of your wife's name including yours. I saw an old lady from the Embassy during the interview that she needs to follow up her NBI because her NBI doesn't indicate her married name (although the one who had petitioned her was her daughter and her Filipino spouse deceased all ready). She still was required to get NBI bearing her married name although she was a widow all ready.

NBI should read:

SURNAME de SPOUSE'S SURNAME, FIRST NAME y MAIDEN'S MIDDLE NAME

FOR EXAMPLE MY FULL MAIDEN NAME WAS: BLAIRBITCH LOVE AWESOME

THEN THE SPOUSE SURNAME WAS: HOPE

THEN WHAT SHOULD NBI SHOULD READ IS: AWESOME DE HOPE, BLAIRBITCH Y LOVE

Iyou're welcome.....IM me.... :star::star::star::star:

In my particular case, my wife is still using her maiden name in order to simplify the I-130 and I-129F applications. We did this in order to avoid her having to apply for a new passport, intending to do the name change later.

In this case, does the NBI clearance still need to be in the married name, or will the maiden name be fine?

cheers

Edited by blairbitxh

Please read this problem that I am having now that my VISA is on hand.....the issue was filing maiden name then eventually changing it at the middle of the process.

Details: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2030277

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2033838

Maybe you can have a different scenario, maybe mine was just a mistake occured but I think filing with married name early times of the case are much better.

IM me if anything esle :star::star::star::star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.