alienlovechild

How can a plane ticket be purchased?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How can I buy a plane ticket if I'm not the passenger on a flight and my fiancee doesn't have a credit card to buy a ticket?

Can she buy a ticket in the Philippines without a credit card to reserve the flight?

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You should be able to do that with your credit card no problem, especially online- I always buy my mom's tickets from Switzerland when she is visiting me in Ireland, and even when she goes other places, as she doesn't like buying stuff on the internet herself.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I think you will find that most travel agents accept international major credit cards, such as amex, visa and mastercard. You can just book it in her name, but use your name and address for the billing information. Try searching for travel agents in the Philippines that arrange flights to America, or look to see if any major US airlines have a Philippines based website for booking... they should accept your credit card. I am sure that if your fiance went to a travel agent in person, she would not have to use a card, but could use cash.... GOOD LUCK!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I know it is possible, I did buy a plane ticket for my fiancé with my credit card.

We bought it on internet, and in my case, I just had to filled up one form. It basically asked me all the informations again, the flight info, my fiancé's name and my name with a copy of my id.

It is possible, they just want to make sure you're ok to pay the flight for someone else. Maybe it is not asked all the time... I don't know, I only did it once.

About buying a plane ticket in the Phillipines without a credit card, you should ask it on the regional forum.

Good luck to you guys! ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She can get a ticket from the ticketing office of the airlines here in the Philippines. She can ask a travel agent, but they may charge her high.

When my fiance booked me a flight, the passenger should be the card holder and they will request for the card before boarding.

Goodluck on finding a good deal!

Edited by chris-lei

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

They do often require the card for boarding. My son made the mistake of cutting up an expired card and using it for guitar chips. He'd bought his ticket from Bangkok to the states a couple of months before with it, and and not having it delayed him by 24 hours. Not that they minded terribly, as they'd just tied the knot. We had driven the 300 miles here in the states to pick him up early, and ended up having to wait another day. You might want to double check with the airline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.