Leyla

I am geting so discouraged

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So here is the basic story now:

Tarik (my fiance) has his interview on July 15th. Now our case is going through admin processing. I have no idea what that means. So far it seems like no one does. It could be 2 weeks or 6 months. So I've been thinking about going back to Casablanca and being with Tarik and his family again. I thought I could go for Ramadan and a little bit of October because his sister is getting married in October. My problem (being the stressed out American woman I am) is that I don't know how to deal with my bills while I'm gone! Inshaallah it will be taken care of.

Are there any succss stories from Morocco? I want to know the process, how did it go? How long was it?

Talk to me! I need support.

Michelle

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not sure what you mean by success stories, but I pay my bills on line so I took care of them that way. If you mean how to make the money up while you're gone??? Not sure how to help you on that.

Sucess story about getting your him over here... can't help as I am also waiting...

Rajaa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Michelle,

It seems a lot of AR/AP waiters are anxious tonight!

I know what you mean about going over and waiting it out with him. I debate that every day and haven't even gotten past the NOA1 stage!

There are definately folks here with success stories or are in process with fiaces/spouses in Morroco.

I'm sure they will be by shortly.

You're in my thoughts!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Many of our members had to wait in the admin processing for Morrocco too. Though it varies on the wait, their fiance/spouse did make it to America. It is not easy to be patient, I know, but if you have questions or need support, this is a good place to come. I just want to welcome you to the MENA (Middle East North Africa) forum. Hopefully soon some of our members with Morrocan fiances/spouses will be by.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
So here is the basic story now:

Tarik (my fiance) has his interview on July 15th. Now our case is going through admin processing. I have no idea what that means. So far it seems like no one does. It could be 2 weeks or 6 months. So I've been thinking about going back to Casablanca and being with Tarik and his family again. I thought I could go for Ramadan and a little bit of October because his sister is getting married in October. My problem (being the stressed out American woman I am) is that I don't know how to deal with my bills while I'm gone! Inshaallah it will be taken care of.

Are there any succss stories from Morocco? I want to know the process, how did it go? How long was it?

Talk to me! I need support.

Michelle

well i dont have any idea about Morocco but i have heard a few members have made it.....i will pray for u is about all the comfort i can give

sara

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband's AP was a couple of weeks. While we waited (more than a year ago) I dug up every report I could find of VJ members' AP going through Casa, and if I remember correctly, it averaged out to three or four weeks at that time (this is Casa only). Some do wait much longer. I know we had a relatively easy time and it's been a while since we went through it. But I would suggest not heading over there just yet, and saving the money for your new life here, especially if there will be a gap before your husband is authorized to work. The odds are that the AP won't take more than a few weeks. If a couple of months pass and you really can't stand it, you could reevaluate a visit at that time. Just my opinion. You're on the dark side of the moon right now, and it's not a good feeling. Hope you get some good news very soon.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Michelle,

I will tell you it seems with Casa hit or miss and is depended on the CO at the time of the interview. We have been over the 60 day with our AP and so has three other couples we know who had the same CO during that interview week. Other CO's the weeks before were rolling them out within 2-4 weeks and even after. When will it be over who can really answer except for the CO who is suppose to be working the case. I know I am at the end of my rope in dealing and waiting, specially since the CO knows I will be having a c-section in a few weeks it even burns me up more that its dragged on this long. So being anxious just comes with the territory. This process is not so cookie cutter for each case and very individualized, despite protocols set in place to make it appear as smooth as possible. If I was you I would hold out until Ramadon and then make a trip over if you feel its necessary and can afford the time off. Heck I wish I could be there now, but its not possible, plus even after the baby is due it takes up to six weeks to get a passport or is it twelve weeks. I am not sure and will have to see, I just pray that will not be necessary to go back because my husband is not here yet, but just to see family.

Take Care,

Edited by samira_07

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Timeline

I have severe mood swings with this part of the process. One minute I'm happy and excited. The next I am close to crying so I call Tarik and once he starts crying, all of a sudden I'm "brave" again and I am there to try to calm him down. I think I just need to BREATHE!

WOOOOOOOOSSSSSSAAAAAHHHHHHH

Everything will most likely be fine. I hasn't even been a week since his interview. But I can't help but freak out every now and again. This group is really helping me out. I wish I had known about it when I first started this process.

Thank you all for your advice and welcomes :)

Michelle

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have severe mood swings with this part of the process. One minute I'm happy and excited. The next I am close to crying so I call Tarik and once he starts crying, all of a sudden I'm "brave" again and I am there to try to calm him down. I think I just need to BREATHE!

WOOOOOOOOSSSSSSAAAAAHHHHHHH

Everything will most likely be fine. I hasn't even been a week since his interview. But I can't help but freak out every now and again. This group is really helping me out. I wish I had known about it when I first started this process.

Thank you all for your advice and welcomes :)

Michelle

well you're here now with us... through the rest of the process, insha'allah this too will pass quickly.... breathing is good :thumbs: so are walks.... and don't forget your new friends in MENA!!!!!

Rajaa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hang in there baby There are a lot of us here who have survived AP and a lot who are still in it. The trick is to stay busy and not think about it. The emotional rollercoaster is normal just try to not ride it too often. When u need support we are here for you and when u can give it come make us laugh.

Good luck and hoping for a short AP

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Breath girl breath! lol

Don't stress about it. About going to visit in October, well what if he gets the visa in a few weeks, will he stay there until you come to visit? To be honest I think that would be a good idea. First off it gives you something to look forward too, second, you could buy his ticket to come back with you. Third he can spend Ramadan with his family. Seriously one of the hardest times my husband has here is during Ramadan and Eid. It is well worth it to be patient long enough for him to spend this time in Morocco before he faces the culture shock here.

And don't worry, there have been plenty of success stories out of Casa. The fact that he is in administrative processing is actually a good sign. If they had sent it back to the USCIS that is where you are in trouble, so don't stress.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

I would love to spend Ramadan with his family and allow him to spend such an important time with his family. I don't think it's going to happen now. I am still in college, and I'm worried about taking fall term off, and not having enough money to cover my bills while I'm gone etc. Believe me, I would LOVE to go to Morocco. His family is amazing. Plus, Ramadan is easier when everyone around you is participating. But I don't think I am able to go :( That sucks. Oh well I'm just trying to stay possitve. Only God knows what will happen and it's all in God's hands. Inshaallah everything will be fine :)

kb7wan37jt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.