BTalley

DHL airway bill

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The embassy web site says that my fiancee must "submit the original DHL airway bill for express delivery of your visa after the interview."

Where does she get this bill? Is it something that comes with the instruction packet (which she never received, and likely will not receive)? Does she need to stop by a local DHL office?

Just have her go to any DHL office and tell them she needs to receive visa from US embassy; they'll know what to do.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just have her go to any DHL office and tell them she needs to receive visa from US embassy; they'll know what to do.

Hi BTalley,

Blues Fairy gave you the answer.

You know, DHL, FedEX, and UPS are logistics companies operating in a basically similar fashion to the general public. You can go to one of their offices and prepay for someone to ship you something. This is what the US Consolate wants to you do: prepay the waybill [shipping invoice with From and To] and have your fiancee deliver it at her interview.

If you'd like some further info to consider, use this link and read post #3:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22486

It is 2 years old; I used it two years ago, did some research, found out where the DHL office near the airport was [the sorting hub], went to a DHL office in the downtown area, paid for the waybill, and used as To address the DHL office address near the airport as the place to receive the Consolate package with her passport and the sealed document necessary for entry into the US port of entry.

[A sign bar about the "sealed packet". I've read where a mistake has been made at a concolate and the packet not sealed. The advice was check it when you get it, don't open it ever. If it's opened, return to the consolate and get it sealed. This is the sealed packet that comes inside the package the Consolate sends back with her passport. The sealed packet should be obvious. I assume they've not changed this process. Customs at the port of entry takes this sealed packet.]

If you read the link, you'll see that two years ago the deliver time ranged from a couple days to a week for Moscow. I know that the package would be picked up from the US Consolate, sent to the sorting hub, and then make its way to the DHL office destination on the package or whatever address it was to be sent to [Moscow or elsewhere]. For those waiting in Moscow and wanting to fly back with their fiance(e) having booked flights, a day or two can be important. In our case it was. It worked like clock work. Maria called very frequently during the day tracking and we were able to shorten the pickup time. The only "extra" was we took a cab to the office to pick it up since it wasn't close by. I'll also mention that the DHL office there is a bit tricky to find. This is their hub and the small office was not visible from the street. We had to walk around trying to find it in the compound among the many trucks and bays. The packet was there though it took a few minutes for them to find it; I think they'd misfiled it. Talk about nerve racking! That can happen anywhere, though. We breathed a sigh of relief when they appeared with it about 30 minutes later!

I don't know how things are working in 2008. You'll probably have to use another post asking for this updated info . I'm not able to find which location the hub is at. Maybe some one can help.

And as always, your mileage may vary.

All the best for a smooth rest of your journey!

Larry

Larry and Maria

Filed: Timeline

Great post Larry. If I remember correctly, there is a DHL office very near the embassy in Moscow. And definitely recommended to NOT purchase plane tickets or make any kind of travel plans until the visa is issued. We had a member not too long ago learn that lesson painfully, when the visa was issued but delayed long enough that he had to pay the re-booking fees on tickets for himself, fiancee, and fiancee's child.

Regarding the sealed packet: it's VERY obvious, and has "DO NOT OPEN" instructions in both Russian and English. Still, it surprises me at how many "What do I do if I opened the packet?" posts I've read. Although I can't say I've ever read one in the RU forum, so that must say something about the ladies. :)

Best of luck Barry and Sveta, you'll do fine. :)

Regarding the sealed packet: it's VERY obvious, and has "DO NOT OPEN" instructions in both Russian and English. Still, it surprises me at how many "What do I do if I opened the packet?" posts I've read. Although I can't say I've ever read one in the RU forum, so that must say something about the ladies. :)

It all started with Pandora.

Eve's not too high on my list either. Darn apples. I don't eat apples, even today. Don't want to jinx myself. Well, that and I really don't like apples.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

It all started with Pandora.

Eve's not too high on my list either. Darn apples. I don't eat apples, even today. Don't want to jinx myself. Well, that and I really don't like apples.

Not even in apple pie? I mean...it's PIE for chrissakes!

Like I said, I don't do apples. I like the juice though and I'll even slurp up some applesauce every now and then. But I guess after you squeeze it all out and blend it all up, you take the sin out. (But leave the delicious sugar in!)

In truth, it has nothing to do with religious/moral/supernatural/historical beliefs, I just don't like apples. Now if we're talking McDonald's apple pies that are 2/$1, OK, I like apples! It is pie, after all.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline
In truth, it has nothing to do with religious/moral/supernatural/historical beliefs, I just don't like apples. Now if we're talking McDonald's apple pies that are 2/$1, OK, I like apples! It is pie, after all.

It's the rule of deep frying. I'm pretty sure a cell phone would be delicious deep-fried. :)

-k

It's the rule of deep frying. I'm pretty sure a cell phone would be delicious deep-fried. :)

Ooooh! That sounds good.... wouldn't it then be considered a cell phone pie? (Well, assuming it was at McDonald's, of course.)

Русский форум член.

There'd probably be some kind of trademark issues with the iPhones because the Mac and Mc are so close. Kind of like what was going on in Coming to America when they had the Big Mac and the Big Mc. In theory, if you had a big cell phone pie, say, the size of a notebook computer?, then it could be called the big McMac and that would be too confusing to sell to obese customers. They're way too lazy to say "McMacintosh" so that's out too.

I guess we'll just have to make due with some fried LG McChocolate cell phone pies. Which reminds me, we'd have to steer clear of the fried Motorola McRazor pies. We'll save those to hand out in Halloween goodie baskets! They always pop up somewhere around the country. McWierdos.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.