Movin on New Life

**Urgent!! Can I personall drop off...

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Urgent... has to be received by this Monday!!

Due to not receiving some necessary documents from Egypt to include in the RFE package, the courier service can not guarantee Monday July 21st delivery.. Can I drive the 2 hours and personally drop off the package to the Vermont Service Center?

Also.. the top of our I797 says "Respond by July 21, 2008" but down further in the letter says

"2. Your response must be received in this office on or before (July 20, 2008) is inserted but this is a Sunday... I assume this was a typo..think there will be a problem with receiving it July 21st Monday?

Ofcourse Customer service is closed so I can not call anyone... ugh!!!! Anyone? any idea?

Thank you VERY much!

Felicia

09/2005 submitted I130, 08/09/2006 completed medical,case left NVC to Montreal Embassy July 7, 2006
06/07/2006 NVC CASE COMPLETE! (278 days from I130 submitted to NVC case complete)
August 2006 Interview at Montreal Embassy, need to submit I601 & I212 waiver.July 2007 submitted waivers to Montreal Embassy who forwarded to Vermont Service Center
October 2007 rec'd receipt and notification or waiver processing from VSC, April 2008 rec'd RFE for I601 July 2008 submitted RFE, and rec'd receipt, advised written decision within 60 days
October 24, 2008 sent written request for case status to VSC, May 2009 after written request for status update recd letter "being processed"
July2009 requested Senator inquiry again.. response "with officer, required extra processing" if no response check back 6 months!
Dec 09 requested senator inquiry again, Jan 8 2010 requested more than "general inquiry" senator Jan 11, 2010 Senator requested supervisor
Jan 12, VSC told senator's office we wld recd notice in mail 7 - 10 days Jan 20, 2010 I601 DENIED.... letter dated Jan 14, 2010
April 2010, granted 290b approval to send to Appeal for review

October 2011 Appeal denied due to fraud, now dumped by husband, now with Canadian Arabic woman from Tunisa for Canada residence.. processing Immigration with her now

thru Canada

July2013 He ws deported back to Egypt almost a year ago due to out of status for almost 2 years

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know it's kind of late but have you tried talking to an operator at the VSC about this. I'm not a hundred percent sure about this but I believe that you cannot drop things off at the Vermont service center. I would really hate to give you the wrong info so try calling them and seeing what they say. Good luck.

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Timeline
I know it's kind of late but have you tried talking to an operator at the VSC about this. I'm not a hundred percent sure about this but I believe that you cannot drop things off at the Vermont service center. I would really hate to give you the wrong info so try calling them and seeing what they say. Good luck.

actually after three calls to customer service and the same response... "no do not drive there, it is very important to follow the instructions on your RFE and mail it" Upon their recommendation I sent a letter of explanation as to why it was one day late. spent $75 to send it over nite and still waiting on confirmation that they did indeed receive it Tuesday

thanks for your help

09/2005 submitted I130, 08/09/2006 completed medical,case left NVC to Montreal Embassy July 7, 2006
06/07/2006 NVC CASE COMPLETE! (278 days from I130 submitted to NVC case complete)
August 2006 Interview at Montreal Embassy, need to submit I601 & I212 waiver.July 2007 submitted waivers to Montreal Embassy who forwarded to Vermont Service Center
October 2007 rec'd receipt and notification or waiver processing from VSC, April 2008 rec'd RFE for I601 July 2008 submitted RFE, and rec'd receipt, advised written decision within 60 days
October 24, 2008 sent written request for case status to VSC, May 2009 after written request for status update recd letter "being processed"
July2009 requested Senator inquiry again.. response "with officer, required extra processing" if no response check back 6 months!
Dec 09 requested senator inquiry again, Jan 8 2010 requested more than "general inquiry" senator Jan 11, 2010 Senator requested supervisor
Jan 12, VSC told senator's office we wld recd notice in mail 7 - 10 days Jan 20, 2010 I601 DENIED.... letter dated Jan 14, 2010

October 2011 Appeal denied due to fraud, now dumped by husband, now with Canadian Arabic woman from Tunisa for Canada residence.. processing Immigration with her now

thru Canada

July2013 He ws deported back to Egypt almost a year ago due to out of status for almost 2 years

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Timeline

actually after three calls to customer service and the same response... "no do not drive there, it is very important to follow the instructions on your RFE and mail it" Upon their recommendation I sent a letter of explanation as to why it was one day late. spent $75 to send it over nite and still waiting on confirmation that they did indeed receive it Tuesday

thanks for your help

Well they have received package BUT wasted over $75 (darn Canadian Post) yep I spend over $75 on July21 to have package delivered next day but they did not receive it until July23th ugh!!!

Good news is much to my surprise they updated our case the same day as per USCIS case status online... says we should get answer within 60 days... oh even more nervous now... Want it to go quickly but worry a fast answer would be denial...because there is NO way they could read thru the whole package in one, two or even three sittings.

Prayers, understand and luck now....

thanks everyone

thru Canada

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.