9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, okay im confused!

Okay, we got a letter from the USCIS, I-797C Notice of Action and here's what it says:

***The Above Receipt Number Must Accompany All Inquiries***

Your conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year. During the one year extension you are authorized employment and travel.

In order to further process your petition, you will be receiving an Application Support Center (ASC) appointment notice with a specific time, date and location to capture your fingerprints, photo and signature. You must wait for your ASC appointment notice before going to the ASC for biometric processing.

NOTE: Conditional resident applicants, including conditional resident dependents residing overseas pursuant to military or government orders, WILL NOT RECEIVE an ASC appointment notice. To complete biometric processing, these applicants must submit the required items listed on the I-751 form instructions.

If you have bot already done so, provide supporting documents to assist USCIS in processing your petition and to establish eligibility to remove the conditional basis of your permanent residence. PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS RECEIPT NOTICE WITH ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS YOU SUBMIT. Such eveidence may include, but is not limited to, the following items:

- Lease or joint tenancy or joint ownership of assets

- Joint mortgage agreement and/ or property deed

- Tax Returns

- Birth Certificate of any child born from the marriage

- Joint policies of life, medical, and/or car insurance.

Upon receipt of your ASC appoinment notice, you can find the status of your case online at www.uscis.gov. To view the status of your case, enter the application number found at the top of the ASC appointment notice. NOTE" The I-751 form type will be listed as "CRI89" under the application type in our case status online tool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys so here are my questions:

1. Do we need to send them these stuff again? or we just have to wait for the ASC appointment?

- Lease or joint tenancy or joint ownership of assets

- Joint mortgage agreement and/ or property deed

- Tax Returns

- Birth Certificate of any child born from the marriage

- Joint policies of life, medical, and/or car insurance.

2. When are we going to receive the ASC appointment notice?

3. I sent my wife's papers on Nebraska Service Center but then they forwarded them to California Service Center, does anyone here knows why?

Please help! and thank you very much!

Edited by m0306

----------------------------------

07-03-08 Removal of Condition Submitted to NSC

07-05-08 Documents forwarded to CSC

07-10-08 I-797C, NOA1 Notice Date

07-18-08 NOA1 Received by mail

07-17-08 ASC Appointment Notice Date

07-24-08 ASC Appoinment received by mail

08-01-08 Biometrics

CASE REJECTED (wrong fee)!!!

08-14-08 Sent I-751 package to CSC

08-16-08 package arrived at Laguna, Niguel Post Office

It's been 10 days already, checked the confirmation number and my package is still scheduled for delivery to the USCIS in California. what the heck is going on?

EuaKm4.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the key words are...

If you have not already done so, provide supporting documents to assist USCIS in processing your petition and to establish eligibility to remove the conditional basis of your permanent residence. PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS RECEIPT NOTICE WITH ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS YOU SUBMIT. Such eveidence may include, but is not limited to, the following items:
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
the key words are...

If you have not already done so, provide supporting documents to assist USCIS in processing your petition and to establish eligibility to remove the conditional basis of your permanent residence. PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS RECEIPT NOTICE WITH ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS YOU SUBMIT. Such eveidence may include, but is not limited to, the following items:

Talking about luck in another post, we must be real lucky in that we have always received the biometrics in a separate envelop exactly the same time as the NOA, often wonder why they cannot put both in the same envelop and save a 43 cent stamp. Since both my wife and daughter have applied together, would find four envelops in the mail box. Once the biometrics were at the same time for both of them, the second, daughter was 4 hours later, but they were sweet and took them at the same time since we have to travel quite a distance to get there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As Marilyn pointed out, IF you have not already sent these items, then do so; if you have, then you need only wait for the ASC appointment letter - the biometrics appointment. You should be receiving it shortly after your receipt notice, generally within a week to three weeks, but it isn't unknown to take even longer.

Nebraska is no longer processing I-751s - it was officially announced about 2 months ago -but they are still accepting the applications and forwarding them to California who is now responsible for your area. This is good news - California moves quite quickly through the process and in all llikelihood you will have finished and received the 10 year card long before I receive mine even though mine was submitted 4 1/2 months earlier - Nebraska is MUCH slower than California. So, don't worry - everything is going the way it should and you should receive your Biometrics appointment soon. Good luck!

Nick, your experience is unique from what I have read here and experienced here. I have never received the NOA and biometrics appointment letter at the same time - in fact, they have often been weeks apart - and in the case of the I-751 - I never did receive the NOA letter but the biometrics came about a month after the submission. Your experiences are very interesting. I also wonder if the notices come from two different departments, hence even if they were coming out at the same time it would be more work to combine them than would be saved by the difference in postage.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
As Marilyn pointed out, IF you have not already sent these items, then do so; if you have, then you need only wait for the ASC appointment letter - the biometrics appointment. You should be receiving it shortly after your receipt notice, generally within a week to three weeks, but it isn't unknown to take even longer.

Nebraska is no longer processing I-751s - it was officially announced about 2 months ago -but they are still accepting the applications and forwarding them to California who is now responsible for your area. This is good news - California moves quite quickly through the process and in all llikelihood you will have finished and received the 10 year card long before I receive mine even though mine was submitted 4 1/2 months earlier - Nebraska is MUCH slower than California. So, don't worry - everything is going the way it should and you should receive your Biometrics appointment soon. Good luck!

Nick, your experience is unique from what I have read here and experienced here. I have never received the NOA and biometrics appointment letter at the same time - in fact, they have often been weeks apart - and in the case of the I-751 - I never did receive the NOA letter but the biometrics came about a month after the submission. Your experiences are very interesting. I also wonder if the notices come from two different departments, hence even if they were coming out at the same time it would be more work to combine them than would be saved by the difference in postage.

Ha, maybe lucky that way, as you can see, I joined this board March 11, 2008, that's when Nebraska started posting I-751 processing dates July 05, 2006 when they were posting February 11, 2007 the month before. Panic, I contacted my senators office to learn our application was moved from Nebraska to California in September of 2007, so why were we even looking at the processing times at Nebraska? Nebraska is still showing August 11, 2007 for I-751's, but haven't processed any since September of 2007, California is showing January of this year. We did not get our cards until April 27, 2008, just about a 13 month wait, well two days short. I did send California a letter based on my senators information updating our evidence as it was well over a year old by that time, maybe that is why we got our cards sooner, who knows? We also applied for citizenship, but received the interview appointment before the cards came in, some reported completing the citizen interview before receiving their card. I copied that new card and sent that to Nebraska, still doing the N-400's and the officer at St. Paul did have that new copy in our file along with an updated 400 application, ha, even I make mistakes. But glad they accepted that and didn't delay us or worse, reject the application. Anyway, wife passed the interview, and with all the sweat we went through to get that ten year card, wife is only getting about two months worth of use out of it, then has to give it back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hehehe maybe they should just be charging us a 'rental fee' for the 10 year cards and they can give us a pro-rated rebate on its cost when we become citizens!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
the key words are...

Talking about luck in another post, we must be real lucky in that we have always received the biometrics in a separate envelop exactly the same time as the NOA, often wonder why they cannot put both in the same envelop and save a 43 cent stamp. Since both my wife and daughter have applied together, would find four envelops in the mail box. Once the biometrics were at the same time for both of them, the second, daughter was 4 hours later, but they were sweet and took them at the same time since we have to travel quite a distance to get there.

because one comes from the service centre (extension letter) and one comes from the district office or ASC (biometrics letter)

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

the key words are...

Thanks! I just thought why the heck they are asking us to send those documents again because we already did. That confused me a little bit. The date on our NOA1 is July 10, and we received it on July 18. So I guess we'll just wait for the ASC appointment to come. Hopefully soooner...Thanks everyone for the inputs!

07-03-08 Removal of Condition Submitted to NSC

07-05-08 Documents forwarded to CSC

07-10-08 I-797C, NOA1 Notice Date

07-18-08 NOA1 Received by mail

07-17-08 ASC Appointment Notice Date

07-24-08 ASC Appoinment received by mail

08-01-08 Biometrics

CASE REJECTED (wrong fee)!!!

08-14-08 Sent I-751 package to CSC

08-16-08 package arrived at Laguna, Niguel Post Office

It's been 10 days already, checked the confirmation number and my package is still scheduled for delivery to the USCIS in California. what the heck is going on?

EuaKm4.png

Timeline

Thanks! I just thought why the heck they are asking us to send those documents again because we already did.

Wife just had her citizenship interview last Thursday, said she walked into the office with a 3-4 inch high stack of papers that were from her file that is all the evidence we sent in since day one.

Sure all of us are asking that same question, why the same old stuff time and time again?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.