jonbless

Rio De Janeiro consulate requirements???

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just wondering if anyone has processed a K3 spouse visa at the US consulate in Rio lately.

My case(I129F) was forwarded down there last friday so it should be there or arriving shortly.

I want to be prepared with all of the necessary documents ASAP, so I'm wondering if anyone has an up to date list of docs.

I have found the list on the consulate website but I would prefer to hear from someone who has actually been through the interview.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks to all of you.

Bless

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Marriage : 2006-12-13

AOS

I-485 & EAD Sent : 2008-11-07

NOA : 2008-11-24

Biometrics appt.: 2008-12-11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just wondering if anyone has processed a K3 spouse visa at the US consulate in Rio lately.

My case(I129F) was forwarded down there last friday so it should be there or arriving shortly.

I want to be prepared with all of the necessary documents ASAP, so I'm wondering if anyone has an up to date list of docs.

I have found the list on the consulate website but I would prefer to hear from someone who has actually been through the interview.

Thanks to all of you.

Bless

Hey Jonbless

The embassy info is quite good, I used this when I was preparing for my interview in Rio.

the best of luck

Edited by ScottnCati

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks to all of you.

Bless

Hi Jonbless!

I am so happy, now I can finally help you! It feels great to be approved and worry about the final documents, doesn't it?

Well, what I needed to gather

- 1 form DS 230 (part I only)

- 2x form DS 156

- 1 form DS 157

- K3 visa fee (US$ 131,00)

- 2 pictures 5x7 with the ears showing

- Affidavit of support (I134)

- Marriage certificate and copy

- Birth certificate and copy

- medical exam (sealed)

- background clearance (secretaria de segurança pública)

- background clearence (polícia federal)

They should be in this order for the interview:

1. Taxa do Citibank

2. 2 fotos de frente (com as orelhas aparecendo e com seu nome atrás)

3. Passaporte (atual e todos os outros que você já teve com visto de entrada nos eua)

4. Form DS-230 part 1

5. Dois forms DS-156

6. Form DS.157

7. Certidão de Nascimento E CÓPIA

8. Certidão de Casamento E CÓPIA (se aplicável)

9. Certidão de Divórcio E CÓPIA (se aplicável)

10. Certidão de Óbito E CÓPIA (se aplicável)

11. Serviço militar E CÓPIA (se aplicável)

12. Atestado de Bons Antecedentes E CÓPIA (Secretaria de Segurança Pública)

13. Atestado de Bons Antecendentes E CÓPIA (Polícia Federal)

14. Exame Médico (lacrado)

15. Suporte Financeiro

- Form I-134

- 3 ultimos impostos de renda federais

- prova do emprego atual

- prova da cidadania Americana (cert. nasc.)

Please note that there are a lot of doctors in Rio de Janeiro. Your wife will need to take a lot of vaccines (many she can take at public health centers). The doctor will let her know which vaccines she needs depending on her age and background. The doctor will also ask for a chest x-ray and blood test (to see if she has aids or sifilis). Once she has everything the doctor requested, she will have to go back to the doctor. Then he will give her a sealed envelope.

Police background clearences should be requested right now. They might take some time to get done. I also know that people who have lived in Rio need to get a special certificate.

Everything needs to have its original and a copy in the back. The fee can be paid at any Citibank. It cannot be paid at the consulate though. The forms can be downloaded at the Embassy website, but I guess you know that.

Make sure your wife's pictures have her ears showing = A LOT. If they think the ears are not visible enough, they will ask her to re-do them.

Hummm... I guess this is it. That's what I had...

IF you want, I can't send you the packet 3 with all Brazilian Embassy Information to your email. Or maybe attach here later on, since I am at home and the file is at work.

jonbless, count on me if you need anything, ok? I am here to help you and now try to speed up your process.

DO you know when your case arrived at NVC? Do you know when it left NVC?

Boa sorte!

Renata

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks to all of you.

Bless

Hi Jonbless!

I am so happy, now I can finally help you! It feels great to be approved and worry about the final documents, doesn't it?

Well, what I needed to gather

- 1 form DS 230 (part I only)

- 2x form DS 156

- 1 form DS 157

- K3 visa fee (US$ 131,00)

- 2 pictures 5x7 with the ears showing

- Affidavit of support (I134)

- Marriage certificate and copy

- Birth certificate and copy

- medical exam (sealed)

- background clearance (secretaria de segurança pública)

- background clearence (polícia federal)

They should be in this order for the interview:

1. Taxa do Citibank

2. 2 fotos de frente (com as orelhas aparecendo e com seu nome atrás)

3. Passaporte (atual e todos os outros que você já teve com visto de entrada nos eua)

4. Form DS-230 part 1

5. Dois forms DS-156

6. Form DS.157

7. Certidão de Nascimento E CÓPIA

8. Certidão de Casamento E CÓPIA (se aplicável)

9. Certidão de Divórcio E CÓPIA (se aplicável)

10. Certidão de Óbito E CÓPIA (se aplicável)

11. Serviço militar E CÓPIA (se aplicável)

12. Atestado de Bons Antecedentes E CÓPIA (Secretaria de Segurança Pública)

13. Atestado de Bons Antecendentes E CÓPIA (Polícia Federal)

14. Exame Médico (lacrado)

15. Suporte Financeiro

- Form I-134

- 3 ultimos impostos de renda federais

- prova do emprego atual

- prova da cidadania Americana (cert. nasc.)

Please note that there are a lot of doctors in Rio de Janeiro. Your wife will need to take a lot of vaccines (many she can take at public health centers). The doctor will let her know which vaccines she needs depending on her age and background. The doctor will also ask for a chest x-ray and blood test (to see if she has aids or sifilis). Once she has everything the doctor requested, she will have to go back to the doctor. Then he will give her a sealed envelope.

Police background clearences should be requested right now. They might take some time to get done. I also know that people who have lived in Rio need to get a special certificate.

Everything needs to have its original and a copy in the back. The fee can be paid at any Citibank. It cannot be paid at the consulate though. The forms can be downloaded at the Embassy website, but I guess you know that.

Make sure your wife's pictures have her ears showing = A LOT. If they think the ears are not visible enough, they will ask her to re-do them.

Hummm... I guess this is it. That's what I had...

IF you want, I can't send you the packet 3 with all Brazilian Embassy Information to your email. Or maybe attach here later on, since I am at home and the file is at work.

jonbless, count on me if you need anything, ok? I am here to help you and now try to speed up your process.

DO you know when your case arrived at NVC? Do you know when it left NVC?

Boa sorte!

Renata

Valeu Renata!!

Mandei um email pra voce.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Marriage : 2006-12-13

AOS

I-485 & EAD Sent : 2008-11-07

NOA : 2008-11-24

Biometrics appt.: 2008-12-11

Filed: Other Timeline
Hey brazilian friends!!!! :thumbs:

Which doctors in Rio you will go or you went already? They trasnslate your vaccination card to english?

Oi Chris e Jessica!

I am from São Paulo, so I cannot help you with the doctor.

The doctor is supposed to translate your/your spouse's vaccination card AND FOR FREE. It's a simple paper sheet with X on all the vaccinations she/he has taken, that copy must always be with your spouse even when she/he gets in the USA. Sometimes they ask that at the POE. That's at least what the recepcionist at the doctor's office in São Paulo told me. I believed her! lol

Good luck!

Edited by Renatchi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hey brazilian friends!!!! :thumbs:

Which doctors in Rio you will go or you went already? They trasnslate your vaccination card to english?

We went to a doctor in Leblon (I can't remember his name but I'd recognize it if you asked). He was really good and he doesn't translate the vaccination card - he transfered everything onto a form in English (DS 3025) which I brought to the U.S. Here a civil surgeon transfered that information onto an AOS form. That was a waste of time and money ($25), but that's what they do.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.