galaxy_2008

MY DS-230 FORM WITH NVC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

HEY

I SENT OUT MY DS-230 FORM DULY FILLED TO MY ATTORNEY AND I WANT TO KNOW LIKE WHEN I WILL HAVE MY CASE COMPLETED AND WHEN CAN I HAVE MY INTERVIEW, I WILL ALSO LIKE TO TRACK MY CASE WITH NVC TO KNOW THE STATE OF MY CASE. PLS ANY ADVISE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED. I AM CONFUSED OUR ATTORNEY IS MAKING THE WHOLE PROCESS SLOW COS HE IS HAVING MANY CLIENTS. SO I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM HONORABLE MEMBER HERE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm not sure how long it will take since your lawyer is involved and who knows how long it will take his office to mail in the DS-230. What I do know is that if you had done it yourself, it would have taken the NVC about 2 weeks to complete your case. After that they will make an appointment with the embassy and the date will vary depending on when the embassy can see you.

One last thing, you cannot keep track of your case at the NVC the way you did with your petition at the USCIS. What you can do is call their automated system to find out if they have received a document and/or if it has been completed. It will also tell you when they sent it to the embassy.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I'm not sure how long it will take since your lawyer is involved and who knows how long it will take his office to mail in the DS-230. What I do know is that if you had done it yourself, it would have taken the NVC about 2 weeks to complete your case. After that they will make an appointment with the embassy and the date will vary depending on when the embassy can see you.

One last thing, you cannot keep track of your case at the NVC the way you did with your petition at the USCIS. What you can do is call their automated system to find out if they have received a document and/or if it has been completed. It will also tell you when they sent it to the embassy.

Diana

HEY,

I THANKS YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY AND I WANT YOU TO EXPLAIN TO ME THE BEST WAY BY WHICH I CAN TRACK MY CASE WITH NVC. PLS KINDLY PUT ME THROUGH ABOUT THIS CASE, I AM CONFUSED ABOUT IT.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

All you need to do is call the NVC at (603) 334-0700 and then put in your receipt #, which is the # the USCIS gave you. The automated system will let you if they have received it or not. If they have received it, they will give you a case #, this is the # you will start using from now on for everything. If not, the automated system will say that they haven't received your petition yet.

Please read the first thread in this forum titled Timesavers and read pages 1, 10 & 11 to get an idea of what the process is at the NVC. You don't have to take the shortcuts indicated on those pages, just read through them to get more information about the process.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.