chintan

RFE form NVC for DS-230

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
Hello Chintan,

When I discovered I was getting an RFE from the NVC and what it entailed. I typed up an email with the needed information. If you clearly understand what information they need from you it would not hurt to email them this information. I can send you a note with the outline of my email. They accepted my email to fullfill the obligation of the RFE. Do not send another DS 230 as they do not recommend.

Then once your recieve the actual RFE you can submit it they way the request if you have nto recieved a responce from your email.

Send me a note if you are interested.

Good luck.

Missy

Can you send me the email which you sent to NVC on RFE. So I can email them ASAP.

thanks for the help.

chintan, NVC emai id is NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject must contain NVC Case#, Beneficiary Full name and DOB.

You can describe the body of the message properly. Explain in detail about all those 3 questions and answers properly. Also, include USCIS I-130 Receipt# and Petitioner's full name and DOB.

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello Chintan,

When I discovered I was getting an RFE from the NVC and what it entailed. I typed up an email with the needed information. If you clearly understand what information they need from you it would not hurt to email them this information. I can send you a note with the outline of my email. They accepted my email to fullfill the obligation of the RFE. Do not send another DS 230 as they do not recommend.

Then once your recieve the actual RFE you can submit it they way the request if you have nto recieved a responce from your email.

Good luck.

Missy

Can you send me the email which you sent to NVC on RFE. So I can email them ASAP.

thanks for the help.

You can describe the body of the message properly. Explain in detail about all those 3 questions and answers properly. Also, include USCIS I-130 Receipt# and Petitioner's full name and DOB.

We still don't know what Missy's RFE was for, since NVC is going to want you to resubmit the DS-230 - I don't see how emailing them the information will help and in fact it might just confuse them.

I had an RFE for my Husband's Canadian PR card, they told me I could just email it, I did - like 3 times - the case did not move until I submitted the RFE with the hard copy (photo copy) of the PR card.

That said, submitting a copy of a PR card to prove you are eligible to interview in a Country is quite different than them wanting a correction to a document that needs a signature (the DS-230).

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
Hello Chintan,

Good luck.

Missy

thanks for the help.

We still don't know what Missy's RFE was for, since NVC is going to want you to resubmit the DS-230 - I don't see how emailing them the information will help and in fact it might just confuse them.

I had an RFE for my Husband's Canadian PR card, they told me I could just email it, I did - like 3 times - the case did not move until I submitted the RFE with the hard copy (photo copy) of the PR card.

That said, submitting a copy of a PR card to prove you are eligible to interview in a Country is quite different than them wanting a correction to a document that needs a signature (the DS-230).

It does not harm sending an email and mailing a hard copy followed by...

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I stated above which question I had. my husband did not go back until the age of 16. So I had to fill in the blanks. I typed the email for my husband and then sent it to him to send. Although I was the acting agent after I fired my lawyer.

At the time I did not know if they would accept that email, but I took a chance. If they accept it gets your case back up and running. If they do not you still have to wait until you get the RFE package back.

Hello Chintan,

Good luck.

Missy

thanks for the help.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I decided I should post again to clarify why I suggested - to wait for the RFE.

It sounds like I am flip flopping when I say it can't hurt to email - but let me clarify.

I think Lurking got lucky. I too had an RFE for the DS-230, I called NVC (at least twice) to verify what was in the RFE they were sending, I got the same answer from the operator each time - so one could assume - good to go.

We filled out an entirely new DS-230 for my Husband - sent it back overnight to NVC with barcoded coversheet etc. All good.

Not.

What the operator didn't tell me is that they also wanted a copy of his Canadian PR card (as mentioned above I emailed it to them per the next operators instruction and they did not accept it - or at least were so slow accepting it they had already received the hard copy).

My case then sat at NVC for several weeks - finally had to escalate it to a supervisor.

So when I say 'emailing might not hurt' - in my case an over abundance of information sent in response to an under abundance of information from the NVC operators meant our file was held up for several weeks.

Chris Parker (VJ member) created a short cut for RFE's. Someone tried it, can't remember who - and their file was also held up for weeks. (I think I may even have used it before I sent in the NVC copy).

Anyway - my point is - sometimes it pays to be a bit cautious with these things - only if a quick timeline is important to you. I didn't mind using some RFE shortcuts because my Husband and I were both living in Canada - a few weeks delay was annoying but not heartbreaking.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

After reading the all the post, I am going to wait until I get the RFE notice in the mail and then proceed and then I send the document to NVC by overnight mail.

thanks for the information and help

Timeline

Update:

Its been a week since AVR said RFE notice sent, and as of today am still waiting for the letter from NVC, one thing to complain is NVC is slow at mailing notices.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Update:

Its been a week since AVR said RFE notice sent, and as of today am still waiting for the letter from NVC, one thing to complain is NVC is slow at mailing notices.

Thanks

in the same boat as u .... waiting on my RFE notice n it has been a week also!!! :(

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

goodluck guyz ihope u recieved the rfe soon so u can send them back the correction the following day

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Marriage: July 16, 2005

I-130 sent: Oct 27, 2007

California Service Center Recieved Oct. 29, 2007

NOA1: Jan 17, 2008

I-130 Approved: April 22, 2008

Received DS-3032/ I-864 Bill: June 3, 2008

AOS bill paid: June 18th 2008

AOS sent : June 30th 2008 Received July 1

AOS cover sheet print out: June 18, 2008

DS230 generated June 22,2008

DS230 PAID June 24, 2004

DS230 received July 3, 2008

NVC Case Completed July 14, 2008

NVC send the Case Complete to USEM Manila: Aug. 5th 2008

USEM recieved complete case from NVC Aug 8th 2008

paid debros aug 22,2008

Medical Sept 9,10 He passed Thank you God. God is always good.

Interview Date: Sept 29, 2008 at USEM Manila 8:30AM APPROVED!!!

Visa In hand: Oct 2, 2008 yahoo

POE Nov 17, 2008.

Green Card and S.S received Nov 28th, 2008

7420.gif

Timeline

Case Update:

I have received the RFE for DS-230 on July 18 and it has mailed by USPS express Mail to NVC today, and they would receive it on Mon July 21.

The letter told me to submit DS-230 Part 1 Only, and I think they did make a mistake in the letter, as the letter said the RFE was only for Q20 and not for Q 2 and 22, So I called NVC and confirmed that I have to fill to Q 2 and 22.

So I am almost there to case complete now at NVC as they will receive my paperwork on Monday and hopefully I would have the answer by end of next week, Due to RFE my case complete got delayed by 1 week.

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

NVC finally answered my husband n told them RFE will reach him on monday thats the second week going in waste!! :( can i know is there any chance i can have my interview by august?!?!oh God i am calling for a miracle plzzzz

lyrics.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I m facing the same problem

I sent my DS 230 on 11th july and i called them 18 july to check what is the status on my case ..

I was informed that there is some information missing in my DS 230 form and they have mailed me the letter of missing documents..which will take 3 more weeks to reach India

I m very upset this response is very unexpected

Operter told me that QUESTION NO 20 and 21 a & b need to filled again

20. List below all places you have lived for at least six months since reaching the age of 16, including places in your country of nationality. Begin with your present residence.

my DOB is sep 3 1982 and i have answered this question as mentioned below

CITY OR TOWN PROVINCE COUNTRY FROM/TO (mm-yyyy)

My present address new delhi India 07- 2008

my old address Punjab India 10- 1989

i think this was not sufficient for nvc

and In question no 21 a I wrote

ans for 14 " Husband is US citizen and already there in USA" ans for 19" N/A"

and In question no 21 b I wrote

ans for 14 " Husband is US citizen and already there in USA" ans for 19" N/A"

Please suggest can i email below mentioned information to NVC . is it ok ???

CITY OR TOWN PROVINCE COUNTRY FROM/TO (mm-yyyy)

My present address new Delhi India 10 - 1989 07- 2008 (till date )

my old address Punjab India 09-1982 10- 1989

and In question no 21 a I will write

" N/A"

and In question no 21 b I will write

"N/A"

should i wait for there letter to came or i send the new DS 230 to nvc

Or Email this information to NVC

Please give me the formate of the email I should send to NVC regrading Question no 20 and 21 a & b

waiting for your reply at the soonest

Nidhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.