Olibecca1

K3 - I864 or I134?

13 posts in this topic

Hi there

I was wondering if the US embassy in London will be happy at interview with an I864 instead of an I134? Anyone had any experience with this?

I've read the guide for K3, and it says that different embassy's have different requirements

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi there

I was wondering if the US embassy in London will be happy at interview with an I864 instead of an I134? Anyone had any experience with this?

I've read the guide for K3, and it says that different embassy's have different requirements

Dear Oli,

When filing the K3 you use the I134 not the I864. You file the I864 with the AOS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Even if you have a joint sponsor [co-sponsor] you use I-134? and how this work? the petitioner and the co-sponsor fill separate forms? Thanks

Yes, Max I believe that is correct. Each sponsor does a separat I-134.

Hi there

Simple!

Best to have both and you won't have anything to worry about!

If the I-134 is required at the interview you will still need the I-864 later for AOS

Last I heard I-864s are good indefinitely.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi there

Simple!

If the I-134 is required at the interview you will still need the I-864 later for AOS

You heard wrong. Any affidavit of support must be reasonably current when actually submitted and needs current supporting documentation.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Here's a few links from the London Embassy website.

I believe this is page is directed to spouses getting the IR1 or CR1 visa, which is an immigrant visa.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/i864.html

This page is the information I think you will need.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

I wasn't exactly following what they mean by Kii visa, but this FAQ shows they mean the K3 spouse visa

What is the difference between the KI visa for fiancé(e)s and the Kii visa for spouses?

This is the link to that FAQ: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/faqs/...a_iv.html#iv064

So I would say I-134 would be your form. They indicate that you could draft your own affidavit, but list so many things you have to include that the I-134 looks a lot easier.

They also mention on their website that that the Affidavit of Support is good for one year.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Hi there

Simple!

You heard wrong. Any affidavit of support must be reasonably current when actually submitted and needs current supporting documentation.

Sounds reasonable pushbrk but it looks like you are the one that "heard" wrong!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in...piration_of_the

Expiration of the I-864

No, the validity of the I-864, I-864 EZ, or I-864A is considered indefinite; beginning from the date the sponsor files it with either the National Visa Center, the U.S. embassy or consulate.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
Hi there

Simple!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in...piration_of_the

Expiration of the I-864

No, the validity of the I-864, I-864 EZ, or I-864A is considered indefinite; beginning from the date the sponsor files it with either the National Visa Center, the U.S. embassy or consulate.

Yes, the affidavits and associated contractual terms don't expire after filing but they are expected to be current at the time of filing.

For example. If you have a layoff notice saying you'll lose your job 4 months from now, but you haven't even filed an I-130 yet, you're not going to get away with signing an I-864 today, providing July pay stubs and 2007 tax returns, then submit them all in February 2009, dated today.

Context is important.

The link you provided is in the context of expiration after filing. So, if you file an I-864 now along with an I-485 or because NVC has requested it, then USCIS takes two years to approve the I-485 or the Consulate puts you on some extended Administrative Review, the form doesn't "expire". However, they are free to require a new up to date affidavit before approving a visa or LPR status.

The best practice is to provide as up to date an affidavit and supporting documentation as practical rather than several months in advance.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi there

Simple!

No need to be so catty.............your document may be good for 1 year, but you will be asked for updated supporting information, especially if it is a few months only - no doubt about that, and you will need to be prepared to update I-864 supporting information if you are called for interview.

I feel Good...........like the moon is shining just for me!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

Eligible in November 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Even if you have a joint sponsor [co-sponsor] you use I-134? and how this work? the petitioner and the co-sponsor fill separate forms? Thanks

What if the petitioner is illegible to sponsor and this is why we needed a co sponsor... the petitioner still have to fill a separate I-134 form???????? plz help!!

The Next Step is Removing Conditions!

0820120349b40a7377e80.jpg

Timeline

What if the petitioner is illegible to sponsor and this is why we needed a co sponsor... the petitioner still have to fill a separate I-134 form???????? plz help!!

Yes, either one affidavit from the petitioner or one each from petitioner and co-sponsor. This applies to I-864 as well unless both live in the same household. Then the joint sponsor files an I-864a.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes, either one affidavit from the petitioner or one each from petitioner and co-sponsor. This applies to I-864 as well unless both live in the same household. Then the joint sponsor files an I-864a.

What if the petitioner is currently outside the US and unemployed?!! still have to fill a separate i134 form with the co-sponsor?!!

The Next Step is Removing Conditions!

0820120349b40a7377e80.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.