Birdie

Service centres

4 posts in this topic

hey, I am a little confused,

are there only 4 service centres to send the K1 in the states???

ours is gonna be sent from Philly, so will it be the nearest to there? i was looking up processing times and i noticed there was only 4 centres.

any help ? :star:

I would be totally lost without you guys. thanks for eveything :)

as1cEZt0g410000MDAyMzJzfDAwMDUzczh8V2VcJ3ZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZA.gif

Only two service centers process K1 petitions--California and Vermont. For Pennsylvania, you will file in Vermont. Read all the Guide information provided on this website and look at the K1 flowchart as it is very helpful to get an overall picture of the whole process. You will find that at the top of this page...blue tab that says GUIDES. The tab that says Visa FAQ also has helpful information. Also download the latest forms and read the instructions that come with them carefully. People have had delays because they used old information and mailed the petition to a different service center that no longer processes the I-129Fs or the mailed in the old fee, only to have the packet eventually returned. You could lose a month or two while they correct your mistakes. This is serious stuff so do your homework before you leap in. Good luck.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Hi

There are only 2 servicecentres that deal with K1 visa's. Vermont or California.... Vermont is processing a little faster at the moment so hopefully you need to send it there.

Look and download the instructions for the I-129f, it tells you where you need to send it! just look for the state you are in and it will tell you where to send it.

If you send it to the wrong centre it will delay your journey as the I-129f will need to be sent to the right centre.

Good luck with your journey.

Colin & Jess

Colin & Jess

*K-1 Visa Timeline*

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent USPS: 08-18-2008

I-129F arrived at VSC: 08-21-08

Check cashed by VSC: 08-24-08

I-129F NOA1 : 08-24-08

I-129F NOA2 (CHECKED ON WEBSITEl) : 1-28-09

NOA 2 (IN HAND) : 1-29-09

NVC Received : 02-06-09

NVC Left : 02-10-09

Consulate Received : 02-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 02-13-09

Packet 3 Sent to London (minus checklist): 03-02-09

Packet 3 Received in London( found out via calling embassy and email) : 03-12-09

Packet 3 checlist sent back: 03-27-09

Medical: 03-26-09 canceled due to operation... rescheduled for 04/23/09

Packet 4 Received :04-06-09

Interview Date : 04-27-09 ( APPROVED pending medical results)

Visa Received :

US Entry : 04-13-09 via Dallas Fort Worth airport

Marriage : 06-06-09

AOS time line

I-485(+EAD&AP) sent: 07/21/09

Arrived: 07/23/09

Biometrics: 08/26/09

RFE: 08/10/09 but got letter 10-23-09 (you have 87days to answer an RFE)

RFE RECEIVED: 30-10-09 at 4pm

Interview:

AOS transfer(if any):4/11/09

Approval/denial date:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
hey, I am a little confused,

are there only 4 service centres to send the K1 in the states???

ours is gonna be sent from Philly, so will it be the nearest to there? i was looking up processing times and i noticed there was only 4 centres.

any help ? :star:

I would be totally lost without you guys. thanks for eveything :)

as listed by other replies, you send it to the one that services the state the usc lives in, as depicted here:

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.