Leedah

Rentals in Ghana

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

My 2 cents is that Dakar is a very tough embassy and she may face the same questions from the CO. They will take whatever they want and make an issue out of it.

OP I would think twice before going to any country nearby your husband without seeing him, it can raise unwanted suspicion.

Your case seems complicated enough with the children being held in Gambia.

They will look at everything with a magnifying glass and may put you under AP to further investigate.

Though you have your own personal reasons, I advice you to be careful, the embassy looks at things a little different.

Everything will be questioned and scrutinized in Dakar.

Best wishes.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have a feeling that the OP is well aware of the issues that may come up during the interview.

I just don't see why TBT feels that the OP needs to elaborate on the issue of the OP's kids and whether the OP goes to Ghana from the US or Gambia.

It has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I have a feeling that the OP is well aware of the issues that may come up during the interview.

I just don't see why TBT feels that the OP needs to elaborate on the issue of the OP's kids and whether the OP goes to Ghana from the US or Gambia.

WHY?? Because it is an open forum and I CAN ask. These questions are on peoples minds, I am practicing my hard hitting journalist skills on VJ...looks like I ruffled some feathers. I can ask what ever I want, the choice is hers as to how to answer..... :thumbs:

Timeline

WHY?? Because it is an open forum and I CAN ask. These questions are on peoples minds, I am practicing my hard hitting journalist skills on VJ...looks like I ruffled some feathers. I can ask what ever I want, the choice is hers as to how to answer..... :thumbs:

It is an open forum but being nosy has a limit.

The OP asked about places to stay in Ghana. That was it. Bringing all this about her children and that situation has nothing to do with her original question at all. Going around and digging into her previous posts and bringing it here, where it was not asked, is a tad disrespectful IMO.

Also, the OPs reason to go to Ghana is her business. What does it matter that her husband is in Gambia? So, she wants a vacation, I say got for it. Whether she goes from here or Gambia or the moon is up to her. It is not up to us to question (1) her motives and then (2) bring up the situation with her children which is totally irrelevant.

It was insensitive to ask the OP to elaborate on her kids and their situation. That is her business.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

It is an open forum but being nosy has a limit.

The OP asked about places to stay in Ghana. That was it. Bringing all this about her children and that situation has nothing to do with her original question at all. Going around and digging into her previous posts and bringing it here, where it was not asked, is a tad disrespectful IMO.

Also, the OPs reason to go to Ghana is her business. What does it matter that her husband is in Gambia? So, she wants a vacation, I say got for it. Whether she goes from here or Gambia or the moon is up to her. It is not up to us to question (1) her motives and then (2) bring up the situation with her children which is totally irrelevant.

It was insensitive to ask the OP to elaborate on her kids and their situation. That is her business.

I have never been known for my *ahem* sinsitivity, again she has the choice how to answer my questions. I asked the questions...I dont see how this became a "us" situation. You have your opinions I have mine that is the great thing about this country we are ALLOWED to have our own thoughts and opinions. You cant unring a bell my dear, the questions have been asked let the OP deal with it.

Timeline

In my case Dakar made an issue of DNA testing my SO's daughter , even though we did not file for a K2 for her to accompany him. We wanted to send for her a year later or so.

Yet, they forced the issue and both had to fly to Dakar for DNA collection and processing which of course came out that he is her father.

For what ? She was not accompanying. That cost about $ 1800 for that nonsense right there and they traveled when there was political upheaval

in S/L and we lost many months of time.

They had a fit over his B2 typos from years ago and denied him.

I am just letting people know Dakar does strange things and to not complicate matters that can be avoided. I believe to point it out can be helpful to the OP and maybe she is not aware how fast Dakar will throw you in AP where we were for one year.

I hope her travel would not affect her in any way but I think it was helpful to point out the tough CO questions she may face and why she chose to not spend that time with her SO are her reasons alone but it will come up.

To me, in this phase of the process, strong relationship proof is priceless and vacations to a nearby country without the SO risky.

I am speaking from a place of experience with Dakar in particular and it is a sensitive issue for me and the OP is going through the Dakar embassy.

Zee, still love ya, I just have a little different perspective with this :)

Timeline

Omoba, you know I (L) you.

But what was asked of the OP has nothing to do with her immigration case. She was not asking for advice. She was not asking for help with her kids' situation. She was only asking for places to stay in Ghana. Does it matter if she is going with her husband/brother/sister/mother?

This thread was on track until TBT decided to dig into what the OP has posted in the past in regards to issues that were not brought up by the OP.

Its like me posting for information on recipes and then someone bringing up a post about an argument with my SO and asking me to add more details. Two totally different topics.

I appreciate that you are providing information on going through Dakar, people need to hear it. But it was not addressed by the OP.

Asking the OP why she is not going to visit her husband in Gambia is walking a thin line. Asking for her to elaborate on the situation with her children is crossing the line.

TBT, this is not an "us" thing like you suggested. I am only pointing out that this has nothing to do with the OP's original question and to keep in on track. The OP could very well come on here and elaborate. Maybe she has no problem sharing and if so good for her.

Quite frankly I could give a rat's behind what anyone writes on these boards. I came here to get help with my process and in the process made some good friends and we have a good time on here. But when I see something that does not sit well with me I speak up.

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Timeline

But what was asked of the OP has nothing to do with her immigration case. She was not asking for advice. She was not asking for help with her kids' situation. She was only asking for places to stay in Ghana. Does it matter if she is going with her husband/brother/sister/mother?

This thread was on track until TBT decided to dig into what the OP has posted in the past in regards to issues that were not brought up by the OP.

Its like me posting for information on recipes and then someone bringing up a post about an argument with my SO and asking me to add more details. Two totally different topics.

I appreciate that you are providing information on going through Dakar, people need to hear it. But it was not addressed by the OP.

Asking the OP why she is not going to visit her husband in Gambia is walking a thin line. Asking for her to elaborate on the situation with her children is crossing the line.

TBT, this is not an "us" thing like you suggested. I am only pointing out that this has nothing to do with the OP's original question and to keep in on track. The OP could very well come on here and elaborate. Maybe she has no problem sharing and if so good for her.

Quite frankly I could give a rat's behind what anyone writes on these boards. I came here to get help with my process and in the process made some good friends and we have a good time on here. But when I see something that does not sit well with me I speak up.

here, here :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Timeline

I can't speak for TBT, but since the thread was already derailed I felt compelled to warn the OP about possible interview problems due to the fact that she wants to travel to Ghana w/o her SO, which IMO counteracts relationship proof and can cost them AP time.

Since it came up it may make others think twice also.

In European embassies it may be looked at as a simple vacation but we all know how crazy the embassies here get with relationship proof, even with a ton of proof. Every little off thing and bang they get you.

Better to know now then be befuddled in front of the CO later, especially if the SO will face the CO without the OP. I shudder at the thought of it.

Even if the OP did not ask for advice I gave it to save them possible future problems when I saw the opportunity.

It may take the thread OT for a minute but may keep them from AP which to me is more important.

Hindsight..........if only we knew then what we know now he would be here right now !

We just have to agree to disagree on this one ;)

:):ot2:

Love to all !

edited for typos.

Edited by Omoba

Timeline

I agree with you Omoba, if the thread is already derailed (partly due to me) then may as well interject something useful in it. I have no issue with what you wrote.

I just didn't like the questioning of TBT.

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

It's soooo hard. I chose to keep quiet. I remember her previous posts, but was surprised by this post only because she recently asked advice about not working and money issues with the proof of support. But it's like my mom always says, if they aren't asking you for the money don't worry about it! My mom was rather talkative, if you didn't know yet.

I don't have great advice on a place to stay that's inexpensive and nice. There are some great guest houses in Ghana though. So, I'm sure she'll find somewhere nice to stay, even if she stays at a different place every night. Her husband can always come over and visit her while she's on vacation.

Edited by Bassi and Zainab

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
This was the guesthouse I stayed in while in Ghana. I was there in 2007 and it cost about $40 per day.

http://www.elmeiz.com/

It is in the Dansoman area of Accra and it was highly secure, very nice inside, very tight security, in a quiet residential neighborhood, yet it was still close to the main road. There are several restaurants, stores, and taxis run all over Accra. Also, they had internet service and 24/7 AC. I would recommend it to anyone.

I love Donsoman! My sis in law lives there. great neighborhood! :thumbs:

Dansoman is a bit farther from the center of Accra, but still really full of activity. Osu is more lively, and probably has more tourists. It just depends what kind of environment you prefer.

I concur

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

U are sooooo right!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Lets get :ot2: ....I was actually enjoying the suggestions people were making.

Send a PM TBT, if you must know... I think thats a more tasteful approach, Ms. Columbo! :lol:

Lets not get caught up yet again :star:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Timeline

I did not realize that Ewok had you all on the payroll as the Sub Saharan Po leese. I will not censor myself just because some people dont like what I have to say. Since when does anyone stay on topic in this forum. I was not malicious nor attacking in my questioning, if anyone took it to another level it was the Sub Saharan Po leese. I have had PLENTY of PMs to me about this subject.

Filed: Other Timeline
I did not realize that Ewok had you all on the payroll as the Sub Saharan Po leese.

I will not censor myself just because some people dont like what I have to say.

Since when does anyone stay on topic in this forum.

I was not malicious nor attacking in my questioning, if anyone took it to another level it was the Sub Saharan Po leese. I have had PLENTY of PMs to me about this subject.

:wow::angry::bonk::(:o

Edited by unononehigher

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.