heno

Can you give tips sa PAL?

10 posts in this topic

Hi? ano2 po ang name ng mga recipe na siniserve ng PAL? Puede po magpost kau ng mga ingredients ng recipe? No sugar and gluten po diet ko now. What will someone do if hilong-hilo na sa byahe? Ok po ba seat malapit sa CR? San po pinakacomfortable na seat? 1st timer po. Can you give tips?

Edited by heno

If you have any special dietary requirements, special meals are offered on Philippine Airlines international flights. To ensure its availability, please do not forget to call our reservations not later than 24 hours before your departure date.

Choices for Special Meals:

Child's Meal

Children 2 to 11 years of age are served a child's meal such as spaghetti, fried chicken, chocolates, cereals .

Infant's Meal

For children below two years of age, baby food are readily available upon request.

Special Meals due to Health Reasons

- Diabetic meal

- Low-Fat Cholesterol meal

- Gluten Free meal

- Low Sodium meal

- Western Vegetarian meal

- Asian Vegetarian meal

Special Meals due to Religious Reasons

- Hindu meal

- Kosher meal

- Moslem meal

Special Meals due to Personal Preferences

- Fruit platter meal

- Seafood meal

PAL website: http://www.philippineairlines.com/

p1010202qr6.jpg

-------

CR1-CR2

06/22/07 - Sent I-130

12/04/07 - Approved

06/26/08 - Interview

07/04/08 - Visa on hand

08/08/08 - Arrived in US

08/21/08 - SSN and GC in mail

Removing Conditions

06/15/10 - Mailed I-751 packet via USPS

06/17/10 - Delivered to CSC

06/22/10 - Check was cashed

06/24/10 - Received NOA letter (Dated 6/17/10)

07/03/10 - Received biometric letter (Biometric Appointment dated 07/23/10)

07/20/10 - Early biometric done

08/13/10 - APPROVED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They are not serving Philippine food. Usually a piece of bread and butter and small pack meal. You can choose either chicken, pork or beef meal according to their pre-packed meal. They also serve wine, juice, water, beer, coffee and tea during meal time but if you are thirsty during your flight, you can ask for drinks from flight attendant.

Usually their pre-packed meal consist of mash potatoes, macaroni/vegetable/fruit salad, piece of meat/poultry, olives, sausage/ham or bacon. It is not a big serving but enough to have something in your stomach.

Once you check-in and the PAL personnel will give you your boarding pass, ask them first if you could get an aisle seat, window seat or next to exit seat. It is better to get a an aisle seat so you don't have to bother your seatmate (usually if he/she is sleeping most of the flight) if you want to go to the restroom. Window seat is next to the window and exit seat is right in front of the first row seat.

If you have problem during the flight, you can ask for flight attendant assistant. They have medicine there that you can ask. They will give you blanket, socks and earphone to use during the flight. Better to have jacket because it will be cold inside. If you could bring cushion for your butt and use as a pillow, that would be nice. If you are carrying a shoulder bag, better to just put it beside you or infront of your seat so that you don't have to stand up and get if from the overhead compartment.

Good luck and have a safe trip!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi my destiny and other vj members!

i've read from your post that you used PAL and my hubby will book me a flight with PAL as soon as I receive my visa. I passed the interview Sept 15(k3 visa) and i like to get an idea on

how many check-in luggage/s are free?weight and dimension?

how about the carry-on? weight and dimension?

i'm planning to bring our wedding frame from our wedding studio...kinda big... parang 24" tv ang sukat...

kindly give some advise.

thank you very much and God bless.

They are not serving Philippine food. Usually a piece of bread and butter and small pack meal. You can choose either chicken, pork or beef meal according to their pre-packed meal. They also serve wine, juice, water, beer, coffee and tea during meal time but if you are thirsty during your flight, you can ask for drinks from flight attendant.

Usually their pre-packed meal consist of mash potatoes, macaroni/vegetable/fruit salad, piece of meat/poultry, olives, sausage/ham or bacon. It is not a big serving but enough to have something in your stomach.

Once you check-in and the PAL personnel will give you your boarding pass, ask them first if you could get an aisle seat, window seat or next to exit seat. It is better to get a an aisle seat so you don't have to bother your seatmate (usually if he/she is sleeping most of the flight) if you want to go to the restroom. Window seat is next to the window and exit seat is right in front of the first row seat.

If you have problem during the flight, you can ask for flight attendant assistant. They have medicine there that you can ask. They will give you blanket, socks and earphone to use during the flight. Better to have jacket because it will be cold inside. If you could bring cushion for your butt and use as a pillow, that would be nice. If you are carrying a shoulder bag, better to just put it beside you or infront of your seat so that you don't have to stand up and get if from the overhead compartment.

Good luck and have a safe trip!

Filed: Timeline

Hi my evilgirl and other vj members!

i've read from your post that you used PAL and my hubby will book me a flight with PAL as soon as I receive my visa. I passed the interview Sept 15(k3 visa) and i like to get an idea on

how many check-in luggage/s are free?weight and dimension?

how about the carry-on? weight and dimension?

i'm planning to bring our wedding frame from our wedding studio...kinda big... parang 24" tv ang sukat...

kindly give some advise.

thank you very much and God bless.

If you have any special dietary requirements, special meals are offered on Philippine Airlines international flights. To ensure its availability, please do not forget to call our reservations not later than 24 hours before your departure date.

Choices for Special Meals:

Child's Meal

Children 2 to 11 years of age are served a child's meal such as spaghetti, fried chicken, chocolates, cereals .

Infant's Meal

For children below two years of age, baby food are readily available upon request.

Special Meals due to Health Reasons

- Diabetic meal

- Low-Fat Cholesterol meal

- Gluten Free meal

- Low Sodium meal

- Western Vegetarian meal

- Asian Vegetarian meal

Special Meals due to Religious Reasons

- Hindu meal

- Kosher meal

- Moslem meal

Special Meals due to Personal Preferences

- Fruit platter meal

- Seafood meal

PAL website: http://www.philippineairlines.com/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
Hi? ano2 po ang name ng mga recipe na siniserve ng PAL? Puede po magpost kau ng mga ingredients ng recipe? No sugar and gluten po diet ko now. What will someone do if hilong-hilo na sa byahe? Ok po ba seat malapit sa CR? San po pinakacomfortable na seat? 1st timer po. Can you give tips?

Bring bonamine, this will help you sleep on the plane.. I would suggest to bring some crackers in the plane so you can munch in when you are hungry.

Hindi okay ang malapit sa CR maybe in between siguro ang sa may window, para hindi maistorbo ang tulog mo. You need to catch some sleep para may lakas ka pagdating sa US.. It is a long long flight..so try to get some sleep as much as you can.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Hi Des!! First of all congrats for passing the interview.

With regards to your questions here's the details

------------

For tickets issued on or after 01 July 2008, the following Free Baggage Allowance shall apply:

For Journeys to/from the USA, Canada and Guam (Piece System)

Mabuhay (Business) Class Maximum of two (2) pieces with a total dimension of 124 inches (316cms) and no piece exceeding 62 inches (158 cms). Each piece should not exceed 23 kilograms (50 lbs)

Fiesta (Economy) Class

Maximum of two (2) pieces with a total dimension 107 inches (273 cms) and no piece exceeding 62 inches (158 cms). Each piece should not exceed 23 kilograms (50 lbs)

Handcarried Baggage

Each passenger is allowed to carry one piece of carry-on luggage small enough to be placed in the overhead rack or under the passenger seat of the aircraft cabin.

The carry-on luggage must be within the following specifications :

size (length+width+height) shall not exceed 45 in. or 115 cm.

weighing not more than 7 kgs. or 15 lbs.

If carry-on luggage fails to comply with the required applicable dimensions and weight, carry-on luggage will be checked in and charged with the corresponding excess baggage charges (if applicable).

In addition the free carry-on luggage allowance, a passenger is allowed to carry the following items onboard:

a laptop with case

a small handbag

a coat

wrap or blanket

a walking stick or a pair of crutches

a small camera or a pair of binoculars

a reasonable amount of reading materials

infant's food and carrying basket

http://www.philippineairlines.com/tridionroot/CorporateWebsiteParent/products_and_services/all_about_baggage/free_baggage_allowance/free_baggage_allowance.jsp

p1010202qr6.jpg

-------

CR1-CR2

06/22/07 - Sent I-130

12/04/07 - Approved

06/26/08 - Interview

07/04/08 - Visa on hand

08/08/08 - Arrived in US

08/21/08 - SSN and GC in mail

Removing Conditions

06/15/10 - Mailed I-751 packet via USPS

06/17/10 - Delivered to CSC

06/22/10 - Check was cashed

06/24/10 - Received NOA letter (Dated 6/17/10)

07/03/10 - Received biometric letter (Biometric Appointment dated 07/23/10)

07/20/10 - Early biometric done

08/13/10 - APPROVED

I guess you received good advice here for luggage, food and etc... but the BEST seat for me is the GALLEY where you can stretch because it has wider space in front and window side so you can see the view an its not blocking with the airplane wings. You can choose either near to Lavatory or Food Area. For me i wont choose near to lavatory cause it stinks especially its a long flight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Handcarried Baggage

Each passenger is allowed to carry one piece of carry-on luggage small enough to be placed in the overhead rack or under the passenger seat of the aircraft cabin.

The carry-on luggage must be within the following specifications :

size (length+width+height) shall not exceed 45 in. or 115 cm.

weighing not more than 7 kgs. or 15 lbs.

If carry-on luggage fails to comply with the required applicable dimensions and weight, carry-on luggage will be checked in and charged with the corresponding excess baggage charges (if applicable).

Do they really enforce that? I know there have always been rules about hand carry baggage but I see people bring all kinds of big bags and never have seen anyone say anything

Ray and Arlene

11/2005 Met online

03/2006 Met in person

07/2006 Met in person

10/2006 Met in person

02/2007 Met in person

01/2008 Met in person

02/23/2008 Mailed I-129 to CSC

02/26/2008 I-129 received at CSC

02/28/2008 NOA 1 received in mail........WOW

07/31/2008 Received email saying an RFE was sent

08/02/2008 Received RFE in the mail

08/07/2008 Response to RFE mailed to CSC

08/15/2008 Received email telling response was received

08/20/2008 NOA 2 sent

08/27/2008 NOA 2 received

08/29/2008 Called NVC and was told petition was received and shipped out already

09/10/2008 Paid Delbros

09/22/2008 Medical at St Lukes

10/02/2008 Interview

01/15/2009 Visa Approved

01/20/2009 Visa Received

01/27/2009 Flight to US on Northwest flight #2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.