israel0218

Current Status: Card production ordered.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Last week i posted this thread and today i got an email with the following:

" Current Status: Card production ordered.

On July 9, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service."

I am hoping this is the 10 year card... :S and well im glad the wait is over.

:D

On July 9, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service."

congratulations on your new card.

Congratulations! So, when have you sent RFE back? Do you think they have processed RFE or I89approved worked?

Karina and Tomy

that is great.....congratulations!!!

N-400

June 08, 2009 - Mailed packet to TX lockbox

June 12, 2009 - USCIS TX received Packet

June 15, 2009 - Notice Date

June 19, 2009 - Recieved NOA

July 15, 2009 - Scheduled for biometrics

Sept 21, 2009 - Scheduled for Interview ....Passed the interview test

Oct. 16, 2009 - Oath taking

----------------------------------------------------------------

Never let a day go by without a dream.

Dream and dedication are a powerful combination.

It was quick, you were apporved within a month when was your biometric??? just curious

Quick? Oh, you mean after he sent the RFE?

His biometrics was July 2007.

Israel0218, did you file for citizenship yet?

DO: LOS ANGELES

04/24/09 - mailed N400

04/27/09 - N400 received

04/30/09 - NOA1 date

05/04/09 - NOA1 received

05/04/09 - check cashed

05/05/09 - touched

05/13/09 - walk-in biometrics

05/22/09 - biometrics schedule

06/02/09 - interview notice date

06/08/09 - received interview notice

07/30/09 - interview - PASSED :P

08/28/09 - Oath Ceremony

08/29/09 - Passport application

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

my biometrics are from July 07, then there was no contact for like 11 months other then the case was transferred to CSC, then the RFE asking for more evidence, mid of last month, and yesterday that my new card was ordered.

I have not applied for citizenship, i think i need to be a legal resident for at least 5 years and i have only been 3, and i am still thinking about doing it or not.

What real benefits do i get from being a citizen?

my biometrics are from July 07, then there was no contact for like 11 months other then the case was transferred to CSC, then the RFE asking for more evidence, mid of last month, and yesterday that my new card was ordered.

I have not applied for citizenship, i think i need to be a legal resident for at least 5 years and i have only been 3, and i am still thinking about doing it or not.

As an adjustee based on marriage to a USC, we need only 3 years of residency provided we are still married, including our conditional period. Some people apply for citizenship even before their removal of conditions is approved. I think the interview for citizenship can cover the removal of conditions.

Benefits? There should be plenty.

I'm interested in some jobs that require citizenship.

And a GC, even a permanent one, can still be taken away by the USCIS (on very serious grounds, I suppose).

There are things that are considered a "privilege" for GC holders, but are "rights" for a USC.

Your GC can also be revoked if you leave the country for a certain perod of time (6 months?).

I also read somewhere that if a LPR gets involved in a crime, they can be denied citizenship. We always think that since we have been law abiding people, these things will never happen to us, but you never know what cards fate will deal. Better to seal the deal as early as possible.

Oh, and the most important thing : with the way USCIS is inreasing their fees, you will save a lot of money if you file now.

Edited by wifey246

DO: LOS ANGELES

04/24/09 - mailed N400

04/27/09 - N400 received

04/30/09 - NOA1 date

05/04/09 - NOA1 received

05/04/09 - check cashed

05/05/09 - touched

05/13/09 - walk-in biometrics

05/22/09 - biometrics schedule

06/02/09 - interview notice date

06/08/09 - received interview notice

07/30/09 - interview - PASSED :P

08/28/09 - Oath Ceremony

08/29/09 - Passport application

That is the point-about crimes. In some states DUI is a serious crime which can have bad concequences if you are PR.

That scared enough my girlfriend to apply for citizenship as as possible. Since in this country, you need to drive even if you dont want to-big problem with taxi and public transportation. Some of my friends now ate taking hotels on Fri nights (never mind the fine-they can afford it but legal ramifications of DUI are pain in the btt)

As an adjustee based on marriage to a USC, we need only 3 years of residency provided we are still married, including our conditional period. Some people apply for citizenship even before their removal of conditions is approved. I think the interview for citizenship can cover the removal of conditions.

Benefits? There should be plenty.

I'm interested in some jobs that require citizenship.

And a GC, even a permanent one, can still be taken away by the USCIS (on very serious grounds, I suppose).

There are things that are considered a "privilege" for GC holders, but are "rights" for a USC.

Your GC can also be revoked if you leave the country for a certain perod of time (6 months?).

I also read somewhere that if a LPR gets involved in a crime, they can be denied citizenship. We always think that since we have been law abiding people, these things will never happen to us, but you never know what cards fate will deal. Better to seal the deal as early as possible.

Oh, and the most important thing : with the way USCIS is inreasing their fees, you will save a lot of money if you file now.

Karina and Tomy

So, they have probably just processed your RFE and that NOA with approvedI89 meant something else. Like Katryne41 said, probably means some internal step was approved.

I sent the info on June 13th and received on June 20th, they approved it on July 9th.

The info was sent to the California Service Center.

thanks a lot to everyone :D

Karina and Tomy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.