cherylc522

oh so many questions

9 posts in this topic

Ok just a question about the I-134, I read somewhere that when you go to your interview you should have pay stubs and records from taxes for past 3 years? is that true? and if so, my fiance was married for the past 3 years but seperated but they did their taxes jointly, does that matter, do i need to take the taxes info? or is that just something i read wrong

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You will need to bring the tax information and the pay stuff info. The purpose is to ensure that he has sufficient income to ensure you won't become a burden upon the US social systems (such as they are :whistle: ). While the tax income is going to show joint income with his wife, the letter from his employer and his current paystubs will show his income only. I believe you will also need a letter from his bank verifying his account information.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

You will need to bring the tax information and the pay stuff info. The purpose is to ensure that he has sufficient income to ensure you won't become a burden upon the US social systems (such as they are :whistle: ). While the tax income is going to show joint income with his wife, the letter from his employer and his current paystubs will show his income only. I believe you will also need a letter from his bank verifying his account information.

thank you kathryn thats what i needed to know, do you know if its 3 years of tax info i need to take? and i dont know what they have have down there but is it just like a letter from each year with the info or do i have to get ALL the tax papers lol thats alot to mail, and thank you i will remember the bank letter too

Timeline

I am not sure if it is all 3 years or if just the last year is now sufficient. The easiest thing he can do is to order the actual tax transcripts from the IRS for the relevant years - that way he doesn't have to include all of the extra attachments like W-2s (equivalent of T-4s). They are available for free and he can order them online. No, a letter won't be sufficient - it actually has to be a copy of the tax return or the transcripts.

When you receive your package from the Consulate they will include the I-134 form and instructions that should have everything you need. You can, however, find the I-134 form online and check over the instructions yourself to see what is required. Here is a link to the form: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf . I know I wanted to have as much prepared before hand as well. Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I am not sure if it is all 3 years or if just the last year is now sufficient. The easiest thing he can do is to order the actual tax transcripts from the IRS for the relevant years - that way he doesn't have to include all of the extra attachments like W-2s (equivalent of T-4s). They are available for free and he can order them online. No, a letter won't be sufficient - it actually has to be a copy of the tax return or the transcripts.

When you receive your package from the Consulate they will include the I-134 form and instructions that should have everything you need. You can, however, find the I-134 form online and check over the instructions yourself to see what is required. Here is a link to the form: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf . I know I wanted to have as much prepared before hand as well. Good luck.

I have looked at the I-134 and from what i read i didn't see anything about tax forms at all, the other question i had about this is, at least one of the years my fiance was in school and not working so what happened was his wife at the time claimed him as a dependent, not that he was really but that waas just the best way for them, does that matter? i mean now he is making enough to support me and thats all that matters right?

Timeline

I have looked at the I-134 and from what i read i didn't see anything about tax forms at all, the other question i had about this is, at least one of the years my fiance was in school and not working so what happened was his wife at the time claimed him as a dependent, not that he was really but that waas just the best way for them, does that matter? i mean now he is making enough to support me and thats all that matters right?

It does say on the instructions to the I-134 that you require a letter from his/her employer, and if self employed a copy of the LAST income tax return filed so I only got Glen's last W-2 and also his employer letter, I think that's fine... well I HOPE it is, since my interview is in 2 days :hehe:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

It does say on the instructions to the I-134 that you require a letter from his/her employer, and if self employed a copy of the LAST income tax return filed so I only got Glen's last W-2 and also his employer letter, I think that's fine... well I HOPE it is, since my interview is in 2 days :hehe:

ok so i should be good with a statement from the bank, letter from employer and last years income tax statement, i dont even have an approved i129 lol im just on question overload

Timeline

ok so i should be good with a statement from the bank, letter from employer and last years income tax statement, i dont even have an approved i129 lol im just on question overload

Oh yes, that should be fine. I know how you feel, when I started this whole process I went crazy with questions, luckily all the wonderful helpful friends on VJ helped me get through the process!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Oh yes, that should be fine. I know how you feel, when I started this whole process I went crazy with questions, luckily all the wonderful helpful friends on VJ helped me get through the process!!

hehe yeah, i start alot of topics in a day lol im constantly thinking of something new, or, my fiance asks something and im like oh dont worry ill ask vj someone will answer lol, although i asked a question about when you get ur ssn and noone has replied :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.