FaustInAK

Publication des Bans in France

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'd like to know if all the French citizen who recently got married in the US had to first send a bunch of papers to the french consulate in the US in order to have the publication des bans in France??

I thought I had to start worrying about that one month before the wedding, but apparently, it needs to be done earlier than that... And they ask for a bunch of documents that my fiance cannot provide... Like they want a doc that proves that he lives where he lives, but for now, he doesn't have any apartment, becuase he works all summer on the field lost in the middle of Alaska, he has free housing from his work but no fix address...

Anyone can help me please?

Thanks!!

Faustine :thumbs:

K1 journey:

I129F sent mid-october 2007

I129F received by CSV: 10/19/07

NOA1 received early March and NOA2 received on March 19th!! We got APPROVED!!

File received by NVC and sent to US Embassy in Paris: 03/10/2008

05/06/2008: I sent the packet 3 to the embassy.

05/22/2008: Packet 4 received!

06/10/2008: Medical examination in Paris.

06/17/2008: INTERVIEW: Visa approved!!

08/31/2008: WEDDING

AOS journey:

09/05/2008: AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago

09/11/2008: Notice date for I-485, I-131 and I-765

10/16/2008: SSA finally gave me a SSN!!

11/17/2008: AP received and EAD approved!

11/20/2008: Biometrics appointment AND Green card interview in Fairbanks.

12/29/2008: I went to my local office to regive my biometrics. And my EAD card has finally been issued!!

01/12/2009: EAD received!! Finally

02/09/2009: GC received in the mail :) Anniversary is 01/29/11

Removal of conditions:

11/09/10: Divorced

11/18/10: Sent I-751 to CSV

11/30/10: Receipt notice received in the mail

12/30/10: Called USCIS as no news for 1 month after NOA1

1/10/11: Emailed from USCIS about my call: "The process for fingerprint appointment scheduling has been requested."

1/13/11: NOA2 ASC appointment notice

2/3/11: Biometrics at local office (NOA2 recieved on 2/2/11!!!)

2/16/11: Date of decision: APPROVED

2/24/11: Card in hand

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Hello,

I'd like to know if all the French citizen who recently got married in the US had to first send a bunch of papers to the french consulate in the US in order to have the publication des bans in France??

I thought I had to start worrying about that one month before the wedding, but apparently, it needs to be done earlier than that... And they ask for a bunch of documents that my fiance cannot provide... Like they want a doc that proves that he lives where he lives, but for now, he doesn't have any apartment, becuase he works all summer on the field lost in the middle of Alaska, he has free housing from his work but no fix address...

Thanks!!

Yes, you have to do la publication des bans (this can be done at your local consulate). If you don't, getting your livret de famille will take forever (4 months and counting here).

Regarding the address issue, i would call the consulate. They are very helpful. Is your local consulate in San Francisco?

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Hello,

Thanks!!

Yes, you have to do la publication des bans (this can be done at your local consulate). If you don't, getting your livret de famille will take forever (4 months and counting here).

Regarding the address issue, i would call the consulate. They are very helpful. Is your local consulate in San Francisco?

Thanks Lili,

yes SF are my local consulate... I called them, the lady there wasn't really nice but after a while, she told me what I needed to know. Now I really have to send those papers and have this done!

Thanks!!

Faustine

K1 journey:

I129F sent mid-october 2007

I129F received by CSV: 10/19/07

NOA1 received early March and NOA2 received on March 19th!! We got APPROVED!!

File received by NVC and sent to US Embassy in Paris: 03/10/2008

05/06/2008: I sent the packet 3 to the embassy.

05/22/2008: Packet 4 received!

06/10/2008: Medical examination in Paris.

06/17/2008: INTERVIEW: Visa approved!!

08/31/2008: WEDDING

AOS journey:

09/05/2008: AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago

09/11/2008: Notice date for I-485, I-131 and I-765

10/16/2008: SSA finally gave me a SSN!!

11/17/2008: AP received and EAD approved!

11/20/2008: Biometrics appointment AND Green card interview in Fairbanks.

12/29/2008: I went to my local office to regive my biometrics. And my EAD card has finally been issued!!

01/12/2009: EAD received!! Finally

02/09/2009: GC received in the mail :) Anniversary is 01/29/11

Removal of conditions:

11/09/10: Divorced

11/18/10: Sent I-751 to CSV

11/30/10: Receipt notice received in the mail

12/30/10: Called USCIS as no news for 1 month after NOA1

1/10/11: Emailed from USCIS about my call: "The process for fingerprint appointment scheduling has been requested."

1/13/11: NOA2 ASC appointment notice

2/3/11: Biometrics at local office (NOA2 recieved on 2/2/11!!!)

2/16/11: Date of decision: APPROVED

2/24/11: Card in hand

Timeline
Hello,

Thanks!!

Thanks Lili,

yes SF are my local consulate... I called them, the lady there wasn't really nice but after a while, she told me what I needed to know. Now I really have to send those papers and have this done!

Thanks!!

Faustine

I am sorry you didn't get a nice lady! Maybe i caught her on a good day lol :).

Oh well, now you have it all figured it out. :)

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Timeline

I'm planning to do the publication des bans. My local consulate is Chicago so it may be different, but they say it can be done 20 days before the wedding day if both spouses live in the USA. I will send them everything as soon as I arrive to the USA, and we will get married around 3 weeks later.

Bryan will try to add me to his car insurance before I arrive and will ask them to send us an attestation, where it will show that we live at the same address. If he can't do that, we will probably do what Caro06 did: he will write a letter stating that I arrived on the K1 visa and now live with him, but that my name hasn't been added on our bills yet, therefore we don't have proof of residency yet. and we will hope that it will be enough!

For your fiance address, what address did you use on the paperwork for the visa? do you know where you will live once you get there?

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

I'm living in the state of New York.

Concerning the "publication des bans'' you can have several replies.

After my wedding, i decided to fill the forms for the recognition of my mariage. We sent all the papers + (only copies, for my husband they accepted the copies of all the papers, my ''original copy of birth certificate, that they kept, and they wanted to have the original copy of marriage and licence certificate (they promised to give them back, but we send certified copy, that they send back like promised).

I received my family book, after 10 days, without ''publications des bans'', nor ''interview''.

It's true that some people wait longer to have their family book without ''publications des bans''. But i said myself, in the case you have no time to do the 'publications des bans'' that in USA, we have a lot of file to fill, so we can wait only one time, expecting the green card and the family book, in the same time.

the publications des bans can take 5 weeks, the woman said me that, they have to instruct the files....to send some documents by postal service (you have to add this time)...

My purpose is to live in USA with my husband and not to go back to France, not now. So i prefered to do a priority with my AOS form, and my adaptation, and for the french recognition, do it later.

I was very blessed that i received my family book in 10 days.

Good luck

Edited by MIDUVIL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.