cherylc522

Possible problem??

11 posts in this topic

I am Canadian and my fiance is the USC, when i met my fiance he was still married but had been seperated for 4 years and they just stayed married cause their insurance was cheaper that way and when we met and decided to meet was when they started looking into the divorce. Their divorce did not go through until April 24th 2008, and we filed our I-129f in may, is this going to look bad on us, or cause any problems with paper work or the interview? i just want to be ready for whatever comes up.

I am Canadian and my fiance is the USC, when i met my fiance he was still married but had been seperated for 4 years and they just stayed married cause their insurance was cheaper that way and when we met and decided to meet was when they started looking into the divorce. Their divorce did not go through until April 24th 2008, and we filed our I-129f in may, is this going to look bad on us, or cause any problems with paper work or the interview? i just want to be ready for whatever comes up.

NO not at all!!

My husband obtained his divorce from his ex wife in on August 2 2006 and we mailed our petition on the 20th of the same month... It was never mentionned through the process ;)

As long as you are both officially not or un-married at the time the petition is filed and you have proof of it it's good!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

ohhhhh good!! you just made my day :star: I didn't think it was a problem and we were talking last night and he mentioned it and then when i woke up this morning i was all worried about it lol i feel so much better now thank you

ohhhhh good!! you just made my day :star: I didn't think it was a problem and we were talking last night and he mentioned it and then when i woke up this morning i was all worried about it lol i feel so much better now thank you

yeah happened to me about every 2 days from the day we sent our petition to the day I got my Visa!

Just feel free to ask any questions here whenever you are worried about something and we will take care of it! :star:

Edit : And then you will include in all your conversations " Someone on VJ told me that...." and someday he will be nuts! :ph34r:

Edited by Mephys

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Same here - we had just never bothered paying for an actual divorce until it became necessary. There were other reasons that benefited both of us to stay legally married when we did, but we had an unwritten agreement that if either of us needed/wanted the divorce, we'd make it simple, quick and painless. For my personal reasons, I did not want my current husband to even propose *officially* before I was divorced. Our personally history shows that my husband and I met in April 06, my ex and I divorced in Nov 06, my husband proposed in Dec 06, and we were married in May 07.

I don't think, in this day and age, that it really matters how/when/under what circumstances one meets the current spouse. As others said, as long as you were both free to marry (ie: divorced) when you sent in the application, the date of the divorce is irrelevant. You don't have anything to worry about!! :)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Same here. I was offically divorced in November of 2005. We filed in January. No issues whatsoever.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Cheryl, don't even worry about it!

Nick and I filed for our I-129F the day after I had my divorce papers in hand...we had no problems and I'm moving in 12 (make that 11 :o ) days.

Don't worry, you'll be fine! :)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Thank you everyone, you guys are great, i really just got on here when we were looking at filing and you all have made the process so easy and so much less stressful, now if you could just get rid of the waiting period for me lol :thumbs:

:lol: make the waiting go away....you are hilarious :lol:

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup...don't worry about it! We filed about two weeks after my divorce was finalized and I had the certificate in hand. No worries there. Good luck in your process! :)

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.