Jayson

Help for K-1 Visa

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Does anyone knows how long would take to finalize the paper for divorce?

Thank you. :)

You need to contact the County where the divorce was granted. I got a certified copy of my decree the day after the divorce was final.

timeline.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I hope that's the case. :)

I finally received my divorce decree and I am free to marry now. I will be get marry in VN on 12/2008 and should I file I-129f for K-1 in 10/20008 to get a hold on VISA? And then after I come back to US, should I file the I-130 for K3 to change my status? Which way is the best possible way to do? Please advise me.

On the form I-129f, question 11. How should I answer this question because I was married before and does petition since beginning of 2003. Should I check on Yes or No?

Thank you and appreciate.

Jayson

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I hope that's the case. :)

I finally received my divorce decree and I am free to marry now. I will be get marry in VN on 12/2008 and should I file I-129f for K-1 in 10/20008 to get a hold on VISA? And then after I come back to US, should I file the I-130 for K3 to change my status? Which way is the best possible way to do? Please advise me.

On the form I-129f, question 11. How should I answer this question because I was married before and does petition since beginning of 2003. Should I check on Yes or No?

Thank you and appreciate.

Jayson

Jayson, you can't file for a K-1 in October if you are planning to get married in December. The K-1 won't be anywhere near finalised by that time. K-1 is a FIANCE visa...it can only be used by an unmarried fiancé(e) to enter the U.S. with the intention of marrying within 90 days. Sounds like to me you'll need to file for a spousal visa, the K-3. Read the Guides so that you'll know the difference between the two BEFORE you do anything.

As for the second part of your post, I'm not sure what you're asking.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I agree with the posters above. You want to be clear and free or else you will raise red flags or be denied.

No if and or but. If not free to marry, the petition will be denied at the service center and never get to the visa application stage abroad. This red flag = outright denial.

I finally got my final divorce cert.

I need help to direct me which way is better to file I-129f or I-130. I will going back to VN to get marry in Dec. 08. Should I file a for correct form to make it go faster? Then what should I answer questions #11 for both forms?

Thank you so much for advise and appreciate.

Jayson

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I agree with the posters above. You want to be clear and free or else you will raise red flags or be denied.

No if and or but. If not free to marry, the petition will be denied at the service center and never get to the visa application stage abroad. This red flag = outright denial.

I finally got my final divorce cert.

I need help to direct me which way is better to file I-129f or I-130. I will going back to VN to get marry in Dec. 08. Should I file a for correct form to make it go faster? Then what should I answer questions #11 for both forms?

Thank you so much for advise and appreciate.

Jayson

Jayson...if you are getting married in December, you will be filing for a SPOUSE VISA.

Read here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide AND read here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...;page=i130guide Then you can decide which way you want to go. You won't be able to file for a Fiancée Visa once you are legally married.

Please...please read the Guides.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Can I apply K-1 visa while waiting my Dissolution of Marriage (divorce) final or which way is best? My case is pending now. I am new here. Thank you so much.

No you cannot. If your case is pending now, it sounds like you already did. Did you?

Thank you so much for those information. Yes, my case is pending (with out any economic conflict). I filed the case on Oct. 2007. The attorney at law said I will be free to marry after June and he also said I should receive the final certificate within six months but I still have not receiving my final certificate. Any suggest would be appreciated. Again, thank you so much. J

After June of what year...2008? IMHO you will have problems, methinks. Not having any economic conflict hasn't anything to do with you filing without including proof you were legally free to do so.

Just MHO of course. :D

Yes, June, 2008.

I am a petitioner. So, I believe I have to wait till I get the final certification.

Does anyone knows how long would take to finalize the paper for divorce?

Thank you. :)

Each state is different regarding final divorce decree. Your lawyer estimates it will take six months. So you shouldn't file your USCIS petition until you have that decree in hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.