mawelvan

Casa Interview

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well dear sister, I heard from a sister who did this so I can only tell you what she told me. She went to go and live in Morocco for 6mo and she filed there and within 2months he was coming home with her so... I don't know what is so special. BUT when I was there in 2004 they acted shady with me we talked to (that lady) and she said I would have to come home and file for him. So I really don't know what is going on with them.

Just thought I'd update on Ali's interview on Monday, he and 4 other people were waiting for the K1 interview, in the course of 5 minutes all 5 had their interviews and were denied. Furthermore they refused to tell him the reason why it was denied. And really the interview was pretty much a joke (we got the woman). We had used a lawyer to file, no problems at any time, and we have no paticular things that I can think of that would be cause for alarm. I am 3 years younger (28 and 31) we both have good jobs, no police records, plenty of evidence and everything has been filed and done correctly. I am waiting to hear back from our lawyer this morning, however if it looks like we are going to spend a lot longer on this, I am just going to move to Casa and after we marry live there and see about filing directly with the consulate later on. We had discussed this possiblity previously, and he was really only moving here b/c of me, although he does have 2 brothers who live here, which would make it a little easier for him. Talking to one of his brothers last night he mentioned that this is what Casa does a lot of times "some days that hand out visas like candy, and other days nothing"

Basically I should know what I am doing by the end of the day, but I haven't slept in two days now, and really just need to know what to do.

Does anyone know anything about filing directly with the consulate while living in Casa?

"Love is not finding someone to live with, it's finding one you can't live with out!
~K.Moussaoui

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well I am still waiting to hear back from our lawyer, she is going to talk to the consulate, I did find out he does have a 221g that doesn't say anything.. (arghhh it's gets difficult when you are trying to sort things out with more than one member of the family). But it doesn't say why, just that it's being sent back. As far as residency and what not, you have around 2 weeks to establish residency after you arrive (US embassy website) however it takes a little while to get married there, since you have to get things stamped in Rabat. But if you get married and you pass the 2 week deadline all you have to do is leave the country and re-enter. So what I was thinking is that we take a trip up to Tangiers and I just take a quick ferry ride over to Spain and back and get my passport stamped re-entering the country, if we have passed the deadline. If I already have all the paperwork filled out and they go by the stamped date of entry, then that should solve issues regarding entry time into the country. I just like to have back-up plans just in case. Staying there for 6 months should be a problem since we would really like to have a baby soon and this way I can be under his insurance while I am there, since here if we came back too early there would be issues with pre-existing conditions, and jobs and the like (for me).

What I would like to know is if anyone who recieved a 221g, visa denial, and that it was being sent back to the states was able to secure another interview before the case was sent back. And if so the length of time between the interviews.

Sorry I am just really impatient and I want to know and pretty much all my lawyer could tell me is right now she doesn't know,and that it's at the discretion of the consulate.

On the brightside, my language skills will have improved considerably by the time I get back, my Arabic is so bad....(sigh)

Timeline

mawelvan Make sure about going to Spain for the rentry time. Cause we were planning on doing this for me so I could stay over three months. But found out my husband wasnt allowed to go to Spain. To get married in Morocco we didnt have to go to Rabat but were told me did so we went there and wasted 10 hours on a buss. You dont have to go there but the consular tells you too. If you have any questions about getting married in Morocco let me know.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well I am still waiting to hear back from our lawyer, she is going to talk to the consulate, I did find out he does have a 221g that doesn't say anything.. (arghhh it's gets difficult when you are trying to sort things out with more than one member of the family). But it doesn't say why, just that it's being sent back. As far as residency and what not, you have around 2 weeks to establish residency after you arrive (US embassy website) however it takes a little while to get married there, since you have to get things stamped in Rabat. But if you get married and you pass the 2 week deadline all you have to do is leave the country and re-enter. So what I was thinking is that we take a trip up to Tangiers and I just take a quick ferry ride over to Spain and back and get my passport stamped re-entering the country, if we have passed the deadline. If I already have all the paperwork filled out and they go by the stamped date of entry, then that should solve issues regarding entry time into the country. I just like to have back-up plans just in case. Staying there for 6 months should be a problem since we would really like to have a baby soon and this way I can be under his insurance while I am there, since here if we came back too early there would be issues with pre-existing conditions, and jobs and the like (for me).

What I would like to know is if anyone who recieved a 221g, visa denial, and that it was being sent back to the states was able to secure another interview before the case was sent back. And if so the length of time between the interviews.

Sorry I am just really impatient and I want to know and pretty much all my lawyer could tell me is right now she doesn't know,and that it's at the discretion of the consulate.

On the brightside, my language skills will have improved considerably by the time I get back, my Arabic is so bad....(sigh)

I don't know of anyone who has had what we have...221g of file being sent back to the US and gotten another interview BEFORE the petition was sent back to the United States.

What I have been told though is that this is not a hard denial...the file will be reviewed here in the US...I have been told this by the consulate and the state department. I have sent an urgent message I to the USCIS this week and I am waiting to hear an answer on many of these questions. I will be sure to contact you and let you know what they tell me...I'm sure you have the exact same questions as me.

We are both K1s...same consulate, received 221g of file being returned to the Unites States. I think maybe the only difference (besides case specific info) is that my fiance did not get a "refusal" stamp in his passport...just the date of his interview in black. Did you find out about the stamp in his passport? Have you seen it? Does it actually say "refused?"

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

mawelvan

I am sorry to hear about your fiancé’s denial; unfortunately these COs have the power of God and

can deny a visa without any good reason because they have the full authority of the Secretary of State.

I suggest you file another petition which is probably faster than tracking down your current petition.

You could also forget about the K1 visa and move to Morocco, get married and apply for a Moroccan Resident Card. You get to be with your husband and once you have the card you can DCF in Casa.

It is not that difficult for a foreign lady to marry a Moroccan. You will need:

- Birth certificate.

- FBI/local police clearance.

- Certificate of Eligibility to marry from the U.S. Consulate in Casa (you see there is no escaping Casa)

Useful links:

http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/filing_a...a_petition.html

http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/marriage_requirements.html

Good luck.

3/3/2003 Got engaged - met online.

6/?/2003 First K1 filing.

4/?/2004 K1 petition withdrawn after RFE - long story.

12/5/2004 Refiled at VSC for the same fiancee.

12/7/2004 NOA1.

4/7/2005 NOA2 - Finally approved.

4/11/2005 NVC received my file and case # assigned.

4/14/2005 NVC sent my file to Casablanca.

5/10/2005 Email from Casablanca, will soon mail packet

5/23/2005 Emailed Casa inquiring about interview.

5/24/2005 Casa replied with a general info attachment.

5/25/2005 Chahrazad received packet from Casa

6/20/2005 Medical exam

7/5/2005 Interview date.

7/5/2005 Visa granted

7/25/2005 arrival at JFK (Oouch, just got stung by high fare pricing in July)

7/26/2005 got married civilly and islamically. Wow had no idea I could get married in 30 minutes in CT.

8/16/2005 SS card arrived.

9/2/2005 Vaccination - again - sealed envelope received.

9/22/2005 mailed AOS paperwork.

10/22/2005 Fingerprints appointment.

2/22/2006 AOS interview in Hartford. SUCCESS.

11/22/2007 I-751 Journey begins.

3/1/2006 Welcome to America letter

3/6/2006 Finally, green card arrived.

Timeline

Now we know a little more about this. There are several here in the same situation. Kiya is one, I am also, but mine is the CR1. I have heard of only one person that was able to fight it at the consulate and the approved it. I fought like he!!, but they won't even respond to my e-mails. Don't let that discourage you, but rather prepare you.

The stamp...now that confuses me. My husbands was stamped "application recieved 8/24/06" and the wrote next to it "221g". I would bet that is what your fiance has too, although it might be different for the different kinds of visas.

I will tell you that this one takes a while. We are going into our 6th month. The California Service Center has had it since 12/20 and no word from them yet. But whatever you decide, I wish you and your fiance the best.

I still find it interesting that he has 2 brothers here in the US. I would bet money that they already knew that beforehand but somehow manipulate him to say something that will give them what the believe is their right to send it back. They sent ours back based on the fact that he has family here. I can't see how they wouldn't know this in advance with all of the security checks that they do. I think he was set up!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline

Abdel's passport has a black stamp that says:

AMGONGEN CASABLANCA

Application Received

on 10/20/05 221g

They kept his passport that day and gave him his visa the next Tuesday. They had told him at the interview to come back for it Monday, but when he got there they "couldn't find it". We went through him waiting there all day Monday and going back Tuesday morning and then I e-mailed them and they finally called him back Tuesday and gave it to him.

Whatever that stamp means, it doesn't necessarily mean denial.

Filed: Timeline
Well this is a bit of update, they didn't give Ali a 221g all they did was stamp refused on the back of his passport. Our lawyer is in the process of contacting people to find out why he was refused.

did he get 212? denial?

if so there are ways to appeal . search USICS then go to FAQ intent to deny.

there is alot of things you can do to over come this.

221g is not a DENIAL .. its a TEMP denial. we all get them.- right ladies.

what it is request for MORE INFORMATION. could be security check could be any thing. you need to find out!! if the petition is being sent back to the USA.maybe the USICS will interview you.

you need to find out from your fiancee if he was given any papers. try e mailing the embassy.

you may try contacting your congressman for more a little help getting clarification on your case. good luck.

I would recommend you try to rest, and try to consume your time with other things. this wait will be long and hellish. so far its taken most of us a year. so just get a hobby and communicate with your fiancee and visit him when you are able to again.

mawelvan

I am sorry to hear about your fiancé’s denial; unfortunately these COs have the power of God and

can deny a visa without any good reason because they have the full authority of the Secretary of State.

I suggest you file another petition which is probably faster than tracking down your current petition.

You could also forget about the K1 visa and move to Morocco, get married and apply for a Moroccan Resident Card. You get to be with your husband and once you have the card you can DCF in Casa.

It is not that difficult for a foreign lady to marry a Moroccan. You will need:

- Birth certificate.

- FBI/local police clearance.

- Certificate of Eligibility to marry from the U.S. Consulate in Casa (you see there is no escaping Casa)

Useful links:

http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/filing_a...a_petition.html

Good luck.

I would not recommed you file another petition. this petion is still being adjudicated.

you got aTEMP denial 221g. the same reason you got a 221g will only bounce back to the same reason if you decided to fill out another petiton. this time you have to explain why you have 2 active petions. needs more information. not at 212. if you do re file - make it a petion as HIS WIFE not for FIANCEE.

shon.gif

Timeline
For anyone who has married in Morocco, what police certificate was required? Local, FBI? And if the FBI certificate was required, how long did it take to process?

hi

to get married in Morocco you will need the local police certificate.

good luck

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

http://www.mentallyjumbled.com/

01-22-2006:arrived to Miami airport with CR1 visa

02-06-2006 :Received 1st Welcome to America Notice

02-08-2006 :Received 2nd Welcome to America Notice

02-10-2006:Received GREEN CARD!!! EXP 01/22/2008

10-12-2007: I-751 received at TSC

12-01-2007 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-20-2007:BIOMETRICS

1-12-2008-Card production-email notification received

1-15-2008:Approval notice -email notification received

1-18-2008: 10 y green card arrived!!

12-03-2008: N 400 RECEIVED at TSC

12-09-2008: CHECK $675 cashed

12-12-2008:NOA RECEIVED

03-30-2009: biometric date received locaton:Oakland park,FL

04-13-2009:biometrics

06-19-2008:INTERVIEW

06-24-2009:oath ceremony

Timeline
For anyone who has married in Morocco, what police certificate was required? Local, FBI? And if the FBI certificate was required, how long did it take to process?

I went to the local police station and they sent me to place the could give me one nationwide. I can't remember the cost right now, but I had it withing about 30 minutes.

I don't know if you have seen this link yet, I hope it helps you.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
Morocco4ever you were married in Morocco too? I was only it took forever to actually get married if people would only be willing to do their jobs.

Yes I was married in Morocco. It took almost 3 weeks, and the only reason we got it done that fast is because we got a lawyer and greased LOTS of palms! You find with them that if you don't pay them then they are going to put your papers on the bottom of the pile. I sent many of the papers in advance so that he could get them translated in Arabic, so it was completely the paperwork once I was there that took so much time.

I felt bad about the whole thing because we really wanted to have a nice party and invite his family and close friends. Because it took so long we ended up having a quick marriage at the last minute before my flight out. We decided when he comes here we are going to have a party here instead.

gosh i thought it was bad that it took 6 days for sofyan and i to marry here in jordan

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.