K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
I CANT BELIEVE THIS GUYS!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:WE ARE DONE

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On November 30, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

BTW congrats for new pregnancy Shannon & Nick

Congrats! I'm sure it's a great relief to you and your husband. I know we will be relieved when we reach that stage, but our interview isn't for another week + 1/2.

For updates... My phone interview was delayed till today (apparently El Paso was snowed in Tuesday), and I think it went very well. Turns out there are currently 8 of us applicants left out of over 100 that applied, and it has to be narrowed to 3 for in-person interviews, which I'll hear back on either Friday or Monday. The interviewer (who would be my boss if I get the job) seemed to be implying I'd make it to the next phase, so I hope it's true. We really need this job!

Andy is still having no luck finding a job, and I'm not getting any other calls either. I left my temp job early yesterday since they ran out of stuff for me until more could be entered, so it's any day now unless the manager buys the company sooner than later. He wants to keep me on permanently, but until he buys the company from the two brothers (who do almost nothing but take home big pay, taking the company into the red) they can't afford to. It's a so-so job, as it's well below my qualifications and has 0 benefits, but better than no job at all.

Anyways, i'll keep you all updated when I hear something!

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

I CANT BELIEVE THIS GUYS!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:WE ARE DONE

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On November 30, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

BTW congrats for new pregnancy Shannon & Nick

Congratulations!

We got our GC (k1 k2) in hand, came saturday , i cant believe !!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

regards

karen

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Jokalu: Cool. No news here.

Shan: What happened to the Vikings? That was a nice throw from Favre to Harvin at the end of the game.

Aubrey: Are you a Texan yet?

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline
Jokalu: Cool. No news here.

Shan: What happened to the Vikings? That was a nice throw from Favre to Harvin at the end of the game.

Aubrey: Are you a Texan yet?

I haven't gotten a call back yet. It's worrisome, but not hopeless. They have been amazingly slow this entire time, so there's no telling what the delay is about this time. Hopefully there will still be good news to come. Only time will tell.

K-1 Timeline

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

11/07 EAD arrived

Timeline

Green Card production ordered 12/9. Got a small bonus for Christmas. On the lame side, came in second for promotion which = SOL.

Time to move or get a graduate degree I guess. Or both...

NOA 2. Really?

Green Card production ordered 12/9. Got a small bonus for Christmas. On the lame side, came in second for promotion which = SOL.

Congratulations :dance:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Grats on the card, sorry about the promotion. That's a bummer. Not sure what job you have, but think carefully before you jump ship in this economy!

No word still from the UTEP job. Losing hope, but I should hear something either way, one would think. It's very depressing.

K-1 Timeline

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

11/07 EAD arrived

Timeline
Grats on the card, sorry about the promotion. That's a bummer. Not sure what job you have, but think carefully before you jump ship in this economy!

No word still from the UTEP job. Losing hope, but I should hear something either way, one would think. It's very depressing.

I'd think not hearing something right away could be a good sign. It seems like people who don't qualify or aren't wanted usually find out pretty fast.

If I bailed on my job it would be because I have another full time one waiting or some stipend set-up for grad school. I'm worried about staying in one position too long and then having to explain why that happened in the future. I have a science based degree. :whistle:

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline

I'd think not hearing something right away could be a good sign. It seems like people who don't qualify or aren't wanted usually find out pretty fast.

If I bailed on my job it would be because I have another full time one waiting or some stipend set-up for grad school. I'm worried about staying in one position too long and then having to explain why that happened in the future. I have a science based degree. :whistle:

How many years have you been in your position? To an extent, it can be a positive (showing loyalty, for example). You can also explain such long durations by family necessity and (now) a ####### economy. Does your job offer tuition reimbursement? :D

That might be about the job, but I'm not sure. The man who interviewed me said he would call Friday or Monday (last Friday, not yesterday's Friday), so I wonder. At the same time, they've been amazingly slow through out this entire process (taking a month after portfolios were submitted, for example), so it's possible. It's so hard though waiting around and wondering; this seems like the perfect job for me!

K-1 Timeline

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

11/07 EAD arrived

Timeline
How many years have you been in your position? To an extent, it can be a positive (showing loyalty, for example). You can also explain such long durations by family necessity and (now) a ####### economy. Does your job offer tuition reimbursement? :D

That might be about the job, but I'm not sure. The man who interviewed me said he would call Friday or Monday (last Friday, not yesterday's Friday), so I wonder. At the same time, they've been amazingly slow through out this entire process (taking a month after portfolios were submitted, for example), so it's possible. It's so hard though waiting around and wondering; this seems like the perfect job for me!

Coming up on 3 years. They will pay 75% of tuition at a state school. I just wonder if I could build on my experience somewhere else if I'd be better off than taking 4 years to get a Masters degree.

Maybe you should call back to see what's up about the job. You guys ready for the interview?

NOA 2. Really?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Corinthians:

ive been gone for awhile....sorry. congradulations on the green card thing, but im sorry to hear about the job. but i must say i dont think it is a good time to leave. patience right now in this economy is best. i too feel the way you do about my career, but im staying put for now.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

Comments : My application was touched atleast 12 times before getting to NVC

01/04/09: Went to senators office to speak to them about an inquiry into my case.

01/06.09: Senators office send letter of inquiry to UNCIS CSC.

02/18/09: Called USCIS asked for service request

02/21/09: Recieved letter from USCIS that im in security checks :( and to call beck in 6 nonths..... WOW

02/25/09: APPPRROOVVVVAAALLLL NOA2 Alhumduallah

03/05/09: NVC receives papers

03/06/09: NVC send papers to counsulate

03/12/09: Counsulate have papers

03/27/09: Packet 3

04/02/09: Doctors (everything is a-okay0

04/28/09: Interview

04/28/09: AP ( need nothing further will call when able to proceed

05/04/09: Counsulate call and tell her to come 05/06/09 to counsulate for appointment? Told to bring passport......Is this the day???

05/06/09: Second interview (everything went well) Counsulate keep passport

05/07/09: Call from counsulate to pick up visa tomorrow

05/08/09: VIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAA IN HAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

ALLLLLLLLHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUAAALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

05/19/09: Inshallah my hobi will be in my arms!

age.png

event.png

Timeline
Corinthians:

ive been gone for awhile....sorry. congradulations on the green card thing, but im sorry to hear about the job. but i must say i dont think it is a good time to leave. patience right now in this economy is best. i too feel the way you do about my career, but im staying put for now.

Good to see you again, hope things are fine.

Hopefully the economy turns around soon...

NOA 2. Really?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.