5,491 posts in this topic

We were lucky as we got a joint bank account with Bank of America when I was over here last June, even without an SSN just gave them my UK passport details and once I got my SSN they just updated the account. BUT it means we have joint account statements for 12 months + even tho some are in Shan's old name.

Hmmm. Maybe we should give that a try.

We've really only got that and the new lease that has joint names on it. Shan doesnt have health benefits yet so I'm not named on that sorta thing.....

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
We've really only got that and the new lease that has joint names on it. Shan doesnt have health benefits yet so I'm not named on that sorta thing.....

We have the lease and the electric bill; that's basically it. Cable, cell and bank seem to want SSN. We have health insurance but for some reason my job doesn't put the spouses name on the card, so she just uses one for medical or dental with only my name. She does have a card for the health savings account. If we get an interview, it will be interesting to see what they expect us to have.

NOA 2. Really?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
We were lucky as we got a joint bank account with Bank of America when I was over here last June, even without an SSN just gave them my UK passport details and once I got my SSN they just updated the account. BUT it means we have joint account statements for 12 months + even tho some are in Shan's old name.

Hmmm. Maybe we should give that a try.

We were able to add Andy to my Wells Fargo bank account without him having a SSN, too. We updated the account when we had it.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Timeline
We were able to add Andy to my Wells Fargo bank account without him having a SSN, too. We updated the account when we had it.

Maybe I have the wrong impression and should try again...

NOA 2. Really?

We have the lease and the electric bill; that's basically it. Cable, cell and bank seem to want SSN. We have health insurance but for some reason my job doesn't put the spouses name on the card, so she just uses one for medical or dental with only my name. She does have a card for the health savings account. If we get an interview, it will be interesting to see what they expect us to have.

In addition to joint bank account, I had a cell phone bill which my husband had me put onto his plan, although my name isnt on the bill, the cell phone number is so we used that. He also gave me a second credit card from his credit card company on the same account, and although again, my name isnt on the account, I took a copy of the most recent bill and made a copy with my credit card on it so they can see my name on the card, and the same card number as his.

My health insurance is different to my husbands too but I used that as it has our address on it as well.

Hope these may give you some ideas. Good luck for your interview.

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

Maybe I have the wrong impression and should try again...

my husband add me to his bank account too, i dont have SS , so they ask me for 2 ID i show my passport and one Consular ID, and thats all , my name appears now beside my husband name. so you can try.

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

GOOD NEWS got interview for WAY better job on tuesday will let ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!

cross your fingers toes and other body parts!!

lol

love ya all

meri

That is fantastic news Meri !!!! Good luck!!!!

hi, i have another question, my two sons need fill the 325G? or just me? in some place i read the other day if they are under 14 years old, they dont need fill this forms, its that true?

thanks

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

Timeline

So you guys that got an RFE...did it look like this:

Current Status: REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE SENT, CASE PLACED ON HOLD

On September 11, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your mailing address.

Initial Evidence sounded strange to me.

Edited by Corinthians

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline
in some place i read the other day if they are under 14 years old, they dont need fill this forms, its that true?

thanks

I thought that was biometrics but I dont know.

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline

On September 11, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your mailing address.

Sounds like a typical RFE to me.

K-1 Timeline

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

11/07 EAD arrived

Yep....an RFE

Timeline

Hmm. It seems a little early in the game for RFE. They've only had our stuff for about 2.5 weeks. Guess we'll see what the mail brings today...

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline

Well, they want the medical exam. We sent the vaccination supplement 'cause it has been less than one year...blah blah blah. So I guess we need to have another medical? Any comments?

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline
Well, they want the medical exam. We sent the vaccination supplement 'cause it has been less than one year...blah blah blah. So I guess we need to have another medical? Any comments?

Sounds like they may havve lost the medical stuff at POE. Bummer =( We added a note to our vacc supplement sheet that the rest of the medical stuff was taken at POE. Did you write any notes on yours?

K-1 Timeline

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

11/07 EAD arrived

Timeline

Sounds like they may havve lost the medical stuff at POE. Bummer =( We added a note to our vacc supplement sheet that the rest of the medical stuff was taken at POE. Did you write any notes on yours?

No notes on the supplement. I read a thread where a person's Congressman was able to call the NBC and make them find the medical. It was in one of 2 files; the wrong one. Their processing was resumed in less than 1 week. Otherwise we need to find money for a new medical and that would suck or we could try to get it here from Brazil which could be alot of work too.

NOA 2. Really?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.