5,491 posts in this topic

CONGRATULATIONS Mohammedwalks!!!!! So pleased that everything has turned around for you so soon!!!

Have a wonderful life together and good luck with the rest of the process, when you will do this stuff TOGETHER :dance:

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dance: congratulations :dance: mohammedwalks :thumbs: SOOO happy for you!!

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Im a july08 filer and i want to tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel.....

Im sorry for keeping you in the dark :unsure: ........Remember the day i said that i was going to call the counsulate and see what happened at the interview?? Well as i was calling the counsulate my fiance was calling me on the phone. i answered and it was her telling me that she was in AP. Well on monday she gets a call from the counsualte to come for an appointment. she asked what should she bring and they say her passport. So naturally we are excited but nervous at the same time. She goes to the counsulate on wed. and they give her another interview. She says the interview was 45 min long :clock: . they asked her about me and my parents........everything was game, but she knows everything (even my social security number by heart ) so she answered all the questions well. Alhumduallah. After the interview the lady asked her for her passport and told her that they would call her in a few days. MY fiance asked " call me for what? " the lady smiled and said " your visa " my fiance said " really, sure, everything is ok " the lady responded " yes hen my fiance asked when will you call me? the lady said in about a week and my fiance left. Well well well......what a differnce 24 hours makes. she received a call on thursday (the next day after the second interview) from the counsualte and they told her to pick up her VISA TODAY!! I had to go to the office today and i wanted to leave early so i could be home to talk to her on the web cam, becasue i wanted to SEE the visa. But i had a stupid department meeting. When i got home i had her show me the visa and it finally hit me :idea: ......WE DID IT!! i did not want to post anything here until she had it in her hand.

I hope you all understand my abstance........right?? Forgive me?? :innocent:

So it's time to say goodbye :cry: to all my visa filling, noa2 waiting, stress filled, daily crying, heart aching, couch sittin, july08 filers. But...........i gotta go! :crying:(L)

Before i go for now. i want to leave you all with this:

Meet on-line (internet connection) $40

Plane ticket to see SO $1000

Visa application $455

The joy of getting your NOA2, Interview date, And your SO coming home to you....................PRICELE$$

AHH dont :crying: i will stop buy and say hello.......promise

Thank you for everything...........

mohammedwalks

Congrats! I think we're all breathing a sigh of relief along with you. Best wishes to you and your soon to be wife. :)

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Im a july08 filer and i want to tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel.....

Im sorry for keeping you in the dark :unsure: ........Remember the day i said that i was going to call the counsulate and see what happened at the interview?? Well as i was calling the counsulate my fiance was calling me on the phone. i answered and it was her telling me that she was in AP. Well on monday she gets a call from the counsualte to come for an appointment. she asked what should she bring and they say her passport. So naturally we are excited but nervous at the same time. She goes to the counsulate on wed. and they give her another interview. She says the interview was 45 min long :clock: . they asked her about me and my parents........everything was game, but she knows everything (even my social security number by heart ) so she answered all the questions well. Alhumduallah. After the interview the lady asked her for her passport and told her that they would call her in a few days. MY fiance asked " call me for what? " the lady smiled and said " your visa " my fiance said " really, sure, everything is ok " the lady responded " yes hen my fiance asked when will you call me? the lady said in about a week and my fiance left. Well well well......what a differnce 24 hours makes. she received a call on thursday (the next day after the second interview) from the counsualte and they told her to pick up her VISA TODAY!! I had to go to the office today and i wanted to leave early so i could be home to talk to her on the web cam, becasue i wanted to SEE the visa. But i had a stupid department meeting. When i got home i had her show me the visa and it finally hit me :idea: ......WE DID IT!! i did not want to post anything here until she had it in her hand.

So it's time to say goodbye :cry: to all my visa filling, noa2 waiting, stress filled, daily crying, heart aching, couch sittin, july08 filers. But...........i gotta go! :crying:(L)

Visa application $455

The joy of getting your NOA2, Interview date, And your SO coming home to you....................PRICELE$

mohammedwalks

Congratulations!! :dance: All the best to both of you!! :thumbs:

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Visa application $455

The joy of getting your NOA2, Interview date, And your SO coming home to you....................PRICELE$$

mohammedwalks

Awesome ! So happy for you !

I am in the final stages of sorting out papers for AOS, and have realised that my NOA2 ran out in April, this is ok isnt it? I believe this is required to show our status at USCIS.

Am now going to have a little achololic beverage to calm my panic....cheers everyone!!

K1 Visa - 2009

April 25th - Married

AOS

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I am in the final stages of sorting out papers for AOS, and have realised that my NOA2 ran out in April, this is ok isnt it? I believe this is required to show our status at USCIS.

Am now going to have a little achololic beverage to calm my panic....cheers everyone!!

I think you have 6 months to enter the USA and 90 days after you enter to get married. Beyond that I don't think it (NOA 2 date) matters. I vaguely remember reading something about having 6 months to file for AOS without being out of status to the point where you'll need a waiver. But, even if you did, you would get it. There are alot of people who write about waiting years to file for it and it seems like they turn out fine.

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline

I think you have 6 months to enter the USA and 90 days after you enter to get married. Beyond that I don't think it (NOA 2 date) matters. I vaguely remember reading something about having 6 months to file for AOS without being out of status to the point where you'll need a waiver. But, even if you did, you would get it. There are alot of people who write about waiting years to file for it and it seems like they turn out fine.

6 months for the visa date issue to use it, 90 days to get married, and you need NOA2 to adjust status. Do not throw it away.

K-1 Timeline

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

11/07 EAD arrived

6 months for the visa date issue to use it, 90 days to get married, and you need NOA2 to adjust status. Do not throw it away.

Thanks. I kknew it was needed for AOS but was a bit concerned yesterday when it was out of date. As long as that isnt an issue thats ok. I thought I would just check with my fellow travellers to ease my anxiety. So thanks again!! :thumbs:

K1 Visa - 2009

April 25th - Married

AOS

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 27th NOA date

Nearly 1 year later!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

mohammedwalks :dance::dance::dance: WOO HOO! GRATZ!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Our thread was all the way on page 3, we can't be letting that happen people!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I'm a little late. Things have been crazy over here but CONGRATS MOHAMMED!!! almost there!

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

Timeline
Our thread was all the way on page 3, we can't be letting that happen people!

Finals week crazy!

K-1 Timeline

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

11/07 EAD arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.