5,491 posts in this topic

HELP!!!!

GRRR does he have to send in the noa2 WITH the packet 3 OR can that be taken to the interview OR does he need to the letter fropm NVC at all?????????

I am taking mine to the interview with me. Packet 3 should have a list of everything that he needs to send back before the interview.

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP!!!!

GRRR does he have to send in the noa2 WITH the packet 3 OR can that be taken to the interview OR does he need to the letter fropm NVC at all?????????

I insisted that Sebastian bring the NOA2 with him to the interview, and they never asked for it or glanced at it so I'm not sure that it's a requirement at all. It wasn't for London at least.

Deep breaths. It'll all be over soon!

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
HELP!!!!

I brought NOA1 and NOA2 at the embassy for my interview and they didn't ask for it

YAY ! I got my visa today !!!

post-54927-1235031034_thumb.jpg

Edited by JulietteDumont

HELP!!!!

I brought NOA1 and NOA2 at the embassy for my interview and they didn't ask for it

Fantastic, all set for leaving on the 27th then.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Timeline

Yes I am all set ! Ummmm I still have to buy my ticket, it is 100euros more than 2 weeks ago so I have some problem to push the button "purchase"...

We should all post a picture with our visa in hands !

Yes I am all set ! Ummmm I still have to buy my ticket, it is 100euros more than 2 weeks ago so I have some problem to push the button "purchase"...

Well done you!!

GET that ticket bought, dont know where you're looking to buy it but I went direct to the airline (British Airways) and they worked out a lot cheaper than some of these "special deal" places that advertise the "lowest rates" :star:

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Timeline

Well done you!!

GET that ticket bought, dont know where you're looking to buy it but I went direct to the airline (British Airways) and they worked out a lot cheaper than some of these "special deal" places that advertise the "lowest rates" :star:

I looked on british airways. 2 weeks ago it was 515 euros Paris/London London/LA LA/London London/Paris, but now it is 690 euros :(

I don't know why cuz' the petrol is very low these days. Anyway, I will have to buy it today, the cheapest one is with American Airlines...

Well done you!!

I looked on british airways. 2 weeks ago it was 515 euros Paris/London London/LA LA/London London/Paris, but now it is 690 euros :(

I don't know why cuz' the petrol is very low these days. Anyway, I will have to buy it today, the cheapest one is with American Airlines...

would it be cheaper to do as two seperate flights ie Paris - London return. London - LA return?

The other thing i found with American Airlines was if i had the return portion date within 4weeks of flying over it saved £120

So maybe have a look at the dates you've put in, spend some time seeing if you adjust them to coming back within 4weeks you get a better price...you won't be using the ticket anyway so does it matter when its due to return????

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

Well done you!!

would it be cheaper to do as two seperate flights ie Paris - London return. London - LA return?

The other thing i found with American Airlines was if i had the return portion date within 4weeks of flying over it saved £120

So maybe have a look at the dates you've put in, spend some time seeing if you adjust them to coming back within 4weeks you get a better price...you won't be using the ticket anyway so does it matter when its due to return????

Juliette

I have just looked on AA and if you went CDG-LAX via DFW 522 euros...pain having a stopover, but guess London would be classed as a stopover.

or

LHR-LAX direct 391 euros, not sure how much it would cost you to fly Paris-LHR and you would need to check in by 0910hrs but can't see it costing more than 300 euros even with stopping in a hotel @ Heathrow overnight.

For the above i used the dates 27th Feb until 24th March, as soon as i went past 27th March the prices increased real steeply.

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks for your replies about the medical, Juliette and Koakland! I also checked some Russian forums and, I think, we should be OK. Just want it to be over ASAP.

My fiancee is not taking her NOAs to the interview. Not a requirement in Russia and I don't see why it would be a requirement elsewhere. After all, if you didn't get approved, you would never be granted an interview in the first place. In general, always check your embassy's website (it will list everything you need to send them/bring to the interview) or e-mail them if you have to.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Well done you!!

Try kayak.com - it will check a bunch of websites all at once for you. It helped us find the cheapest rate last time.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well done you!!

Try kayak.com - it will check a bunch of websites all at once for you. It helped us find the cheapest rate last time.

I use Travelzoo, good site. The last several times I bought directly on the airline's site though - was a bit cheaper, which is somewhat surprising. :blink:

Timeline

Well done you!!

Juliette

I have just looked on AA and if you went CDG-LAX via DFW 522 euros...pain having a stopover, but guess London would be classed as a stopover.

or

LHR-LAX direct 391 euros, not sure how much it would cost you to fly Paris-LHR and you would need to check in by 0910hrs but can't see it costing more than 300 euros even with stopping in a hotel @ Heathrow overnight.

For the above i used the dates 27th Feb until 24th March, as soon as i went past 27th March the prices increased real steeply.

I looked and you are right, but my problem is that I will use the return ticket :(

I comeback to France in september, I'm freelance and I have to comeback to visit my clients. So to be safe I want a september flight to be sure to have my advance parole in time. That sucks !

Thank you for your advice anyway !!! Mwah

Well done you!!

Juliette

or

I looked and you are right, but my problem is that I will use the return ticket :(

I comeback to France in september, I'm freelance and I have to comeback to visit my clients. So to be safe I want a september flight to be sure to have my advance parole in time. That sucks !

Thank you for your advice anyway !!! Mwah

But if you use the return portion in Sept you will be in the same position again when you leave France to return to the US??!!

Sometimes it's cheaper to get flights US-UK-US so that may be worth looking at now for your sept return to France. Get the cheaper ticket to US for 27th Feb and book a whole return flight from US in Sept...also on the plus side if you're not going to use the return part this time you may be able to get your taxes back...

Hope all that made sense :unsure:

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.