5,491 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Aubry, the ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

I have to get Kais also...I cant believe he will be here soon!! I am so excited!!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
USCIS initiates I-129F processing in the order they are received but they don't all get adjudicated in order - nor do I think any of us would want that. A FIFO (first in first out) system would require all of us to wait for those I-129Fs that require extra processing time to be completed before we could get our approvals. It would be an impossible system to manage. Imagine someone getting an RFE and taking 3 months to respond...we'd all have for that I-129F to be completed before we could get approved. No, it's definitely not FIFO - it's more fair than that. Generally, however, the I-129Fs are approved in the order they are received...think about it. All of us with approximately the same NOA1 dates are getting approved at approximately the same time. It's clearly as fair a process as it can possibly be. :)

whoops, let me clarify what I meant :)

I do think they should be processed in order. I do think that each case should be looked at in the order they are received. If someone gets an RFE, that file should then be set aside to wait for the needed info - and the adjudicator can then move on to the next case that was rec'd and start processing that one. When the needed RFE info arrives the adjudicator should return to the file and finish processing it, imho.

While I am THRILLED we got our approval and have moved further on in the system I would have rather seen my approval come when it is my turn. I think that all of the April, May and June filers should have had attention to their case in some way before mine. Just as I would have appreciated our case being taken care of before the August filers that had been approved.

Next time you address me, please steer clear of phrases such as "think about it" and "clearly" as they appear to be condescending and I do not appreciate that. We each have our opinions, please allow me to voice mine without feeling the need to "correct" me. Thanks :)

Whoops. Let ME clarify what I meant :)

I was throwing out the RFE as an example of how some petitions originally filed back in June could take longer to process and, as a result, a July or August filer might proceed to NOA2 before a June filer. It was an example...I should have made that more clear. What I'm saying is I don't think any of us wants a FIFO system. Can you imagine how this thread would read if we all us July filers were waiting for ALL the May and June filers to be approved? Holy smokes...a couple posters on this thread have expressed such deeply seated depression waiting four short months for NOA2 that I fear they would no longer be with us. What I'm saying is that I don't find it particularly "supportive" for people to say that the process is unfair...when it clearly is not. It's just not unfair. It's actually incredibly fair. Look at how everyone is getting approved at approximately the SAME time! That's all I'm saying. Sorry to have sounded condescending. Truly was not my intent. I just don't think it's fair to say USCIS is USELESS when we are all getting approved 2 months in advance of thier published processing times. In the real world, these people would be applauded for over-performance. IMHO! :)

i dont know about anyone else but im sick n tired of waitng n watching everyone else around me gettin their NOA2s. we filed way back in June, but had a hiccup when VSC took 5 weeks to tell us we forgot to do something in the package so our NOA1 date is August instead of late June or at the very least early July. so now its december 9th (well 10th here in Oz) and we are still waiting. it would be soooo nice to receive the NOA2 in the next couple of days and maybe have the packet No.3 before they all close for Christmas ( what a wonderful present that will be) well i guess there isnt much more we can do but wait, we have called USCIS a few times but all we get told is that its pending. its sooo annoyin having someone else controlling your life. feels like its never gunna end!!! anyway all im tryin to say is that there are people out there that are very very lucky and there are some that just have to be patient n wait like me. something good is just around the corner. in 6 months im sure we will all be laughin at how frustrated we were waiting for the Visa's lol

9697.gif

K1

see my timeline for K1

Applied for SSN : 2009-05-07

Received SSN : 2009-05-11 (maiden Name)

Marriage : 2009-06-27

AOS

Filed: 2009-07-20

Delivered : 2009-07-22 Signed by - R MERCADO.

NOA's dated : 2009-07-27

received NOA's : 2009-07-31

touched : 2009-07-30 for EAD, I-485 and AP

Bio Appointment : 2009-08-21

touched: AOS case moved to California 2009-09-09

EAD Card Ordered : 2009-09-17

AP Approved: 2009-09-17

AP Received: 2009-09-24

EAD Card Received: 2009-09-24

Case transfered again, back to the NBC we go 2009-10-13

Woohooo got my drivers license today 2009-10-13

2009-11-05 Went to change my SSN to my married name but was told it wasnt in the system yet i receive mail from USCIS in my married name

April 15th 2010, received email that my green card is on its way woohooo!!!

April 23rd 2010 received my greencard today

ezub3hz.png

i dont know about anyone else but im sick n tired of waitng n watching everyone else around me gettin their NOA2s. we filed way back in June, but had a hiccup when VSC took 5 weeks to tell us we forgot to do something in the package so our NOA1 date is August instead of late June or at the very least early July. so now its december 9th (well 10th here in Oz) and we are still waiting. it would be soooo nice to receive the NOA2 in the next couple of days and maybe have the packet No.3 before they all close for Christmas ( what a wonderful present that will be) well i guess there isnt much more we can do but wait, we have called USCIS a few times but all we get told is that its pending. its sooo annoyin having someone else controlling your life. feels like its never gunna end!!! anyway all im tryin to say is that there are people out there that are very very lucky and there are some that just have to be patient n wait like me. something good is just around the corner. in 6 months im sure we will all be laughin at how frustrated we were waiting for the Visa's lol

9697.gif

I hear you and feel the same! We have filed in late June and haven't heard a word since our NOA 1. We have called, went to infopass appointments and yet here we are! I guess the system would be fair if we had an RFE and that's why July/August gets approved now before us. But no, we haven't even heard a word ven though NOA 1 is dated June 24! And there are two more people that are in the same situation. I just don't know what VSC is doing to have some petition late like that, esp. since from my understanding backgrounds checks are done by the adjudicator. According to USCIS we were assigned Nov 13 to an officer- already that was after 90% of all June filers were approved...So how long will it takes us now?? Only god knows. And we can only pray and wait...

So I am feeling for you. You are not alone. There are a still of us lonely people left waiting. :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

9697.gif

I hear you and feel the same! We have filed in late June and haven't heard a word since our NOA 1. We have called, went to infopass appointments and yet here we are! I guess the system would be fair if we had an RFE and that's why July/August gets approved now before us. But no, we haven't even heard a word ven though NOA 1 is dated June 24! And there are two more people that are in the same situation. I just don't know what VSC is doing to have some petition late like that, esp. since from my understanding backgrounds checks are done by the adjudicator. According to USCIS we were assigned Nov 13 to an officer- already that was after 90% of all June filers were approved...So how long will it takes us now?? Only god knows. And we can only pray and wait...

So I am feeling for you. You are not alone. There are a still of us lonely people left waiting. :-)

Still plenty of Julyers waiting too. I feel for you! I was reading all the approvals when i woke up, dont get me wrong, i'm very happy for them, but i realized my cheeks were wet, i didnt even realize i was crying. for myself! totally selfish i know, my day will come. all ours will. think we have it bad, poor sara (estadia) has been waiting over a year! :(

Well they have been picking up the pace at uscis, so lets not dispare yet. if nothing by christmas, then lets all get together and have a good cry! :cry:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

9697.gif

Still plenty of Julyers waiting too. I feel for you! I was reading all the approvals when i woke up, dont get me wrong, i'm very happy for them, but i realized my cheeks were wet, i didnt even realize i was crying. for myself! totally selfish i know, my day will come. all ours will. think we have it bad, poor sara (estadia) has been waiting over a year! :(

Well they have been picking up the pace at uscis, so lets not dispare yet. if nothing by christmas, then lets all get together and have a good cry! :cry:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its driving me nutsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

WHEN WILL WE BE APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDDD

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

Touched. . .2-26-09

Touched. . .2-27-09

APPROVED!!! 3-2-09

Hard Copy received. . .3-6-09

Timeline

9697.gif

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its driving me nutsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

WHEN WILL WE BE APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDDD

yes, i know! for us, our work and work hrs have changed a bit so him and i hardly get the chance to talk (you all understand the time difference). used to be able to talk hrs a day, now lucky if once a day for a few minutes. hes going to bed, i'm getting up. and vice vs. not to mention we've both had internet problems lately. I've been heart broken the past few days. i just cant stand this. i cant live like this, my heart just can't handle this pain. :crying:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I think that if We don't have our NOA2 before the holidays I will try to go to the US. It is very riskee (spelling) for me cuz' I spent 9 months in the US in 2008, but I can't stay here and wait without him. I'm planning to not tell Jamie, so if I'm denied he won't be too sad and if the officer is a nice guy it will be a "SURPRISE" !

Do you guys know if some POE are more "hard" than others ? I always pass the border at LAX, but I was thinking NYC or Chicago so if I'm denied it is less far than Los Angeles. Do you guys know about these 2 POE ?

Love ya and I'm sure that this week is ours !

Timeline

Congrats to all those with there NOA2s this week and big hugs to those still waiting... I am sprinkling lots of good luck dust alll over you guys.. its coming soon.

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

I think that if We don't have our NOA2 before the holidays I will try to go to the US. It is very riskee (spelling) for me cuz' I spent 9 months in the US in 2008, but I can't stay here and wait without him. I'm planning to not tell Jamie, so if I'm denied he won't be too sad and if the officer is a nice guy it will be a "SURPRISE" !

Do you guys know if some POE are more "hard" than others ? I always pass the border at LAX, but I was thinking NYC or Chicago so if I'm denied it is less far than Los Angeles. Do you guys know about these 2 POE ?

Could you do a flight to US via Ireland? As Ireland is a POE for US if you do get turned away u won't be so far from home?!

So if feasable for you: France - Ireland - LAX

Edited by Rob&Dawn

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Timeline

Could you do a flight to US via Ireland? As Ireland is a POE for US if you do get turned away u won't be so far from home?!

So if feasable for you: France - Ireland - LAX

Can you explain that ? I don't understand ??? Ireland is a POE for US ? VERY interesting !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Yaaaay!! We got a touch today 12/09/2008!!

Hoping its for our NOA2!!

:)

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

Timeline

I just checked on the USCIS website. Ireland is on the list of POE but how this works ?

I mean Montreal is also on the list, I went to Montreal 1 month ago and I just passed the Canadian immigration point, but I stayed in Montreal. Does that mean that if I fly to Dublin as a connexion to LA I will have to pass the Irish immigration and then the USA official immigration in the Dublin airport ?

Does that mean that if people from Montreal have a flight to the US they pass the US border before to take the plane ?

I don't understand, can somebody light my candle ?

Thanks

I just checked on the USCIS website. Ireland is on the list of POE but how this works ?

I mean Montreal is also on the list, I went to Montreal 1 month ago and I just passed the Canadian immigration point, but I stayed in Montreal. Does that mean that if I fly to Dublin as a connexion to LA I will have to pass the Irish immigration and then the USA official immigration in the Dublin airport ?

Does that mean that if people from Montreal have a flight to the US they pass the US border before to take the plane ?

I don't understand, can somebody light my candle ?

Thanks

From what I understand there is a "special" US immigration post in Ireland so you would go through that as you would if ya landed in LAX. I'm not sure how it would work once you land in LAX tho? maybe someone can enlighten us all ??

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, that is what POE means. Calgary airport is that way too. When you are taking a US flight, you clear US Customs before you get on the plane in the airport, so essentially you are clearing US Customs and not actually in the States yet at all. Once you clear through Customs at that airport, you are kept in a secure area that you can't leave until your flight takes off.

Once you land in the US, you get off the plane and don't have to go through Customs at all.

So the previous poster is correct, it might be better for you to fly to Ireland, that way if they deny you entry, it is easier for you to return home.

:blush:

ROC

Sept 9/11 - Sent I-751 Package in Mail

Sept 12/11 - Package received at CSC

Sept 15/11 - Cheque cashed

Sept 16/11 - Receive NOA for I-751

Sept 19/11 - Receive Biometrics Appointment Letter dated 9/15/2011

Oct 7/11 - Biometrics Appointment

Dec 2/11 - Greencard production ordered

Dec 3/11 - received email from USCIS advising card production

AOS

Aug 6/09 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP Package in mail

Aug 8/09 - Packaged received in Chicago

Aug 13/09 - Cheque cashed

Aug 17/09 - Receive NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

Aug 21/09 - Receive Notice for Biometrics Appt

Aug 24/09 - RFE Sent in Mail

Aug 29/09 - RFE recieved

Sept 3/09 - Mail back RFE package

Sept 5/09 - RFE package received

Sept 10/09 - I-485 case resumed

Sept 10/09 - Address changed on I-485, I-765 and I-131

Sept 15/09 - Biometrics Appt

Sept 28/09 - AP Approved, EAD Card Production Ordered Email #1

Oct 1/09 - Received AP Hardcopy in Mail, EAD Card Production Ordered Email #2

Oct 5/09 - Received EAD Card

Oct 29/09 - Received Interview Letter

Dec 2/09 - Interview --APPROVED!!!!

Timeline
Yes, that is what POE means. Calgary airport is that way too. When you are taking a US flight, you clear US Customs before you get on the plane in the airport, so essentially you are clearing US Customs and not actually in the States yet at all. Once you clear through Customs at that airport, you are kept in a secure area that you can't leave until your flight takes off.

Once you land in the US, you get off the plane and don't have to go through Customs at all.

So the previous poster is correct, it might be better for you to fly to Ireland, that way if they deny you entry, it is easier for you to return home.

:blush:

That is a VERY good news ! Thanks for your replies :)

Do you know what are the risks if I get denied ? I know that I don't have to be worried about the K1 but what are the consequences ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.