mnbinth

N-400 Expedited Naturalization 319b Information

158 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I insert a check payable to Homeland Security.. as indicated in the instruction in the form..

Here is the instruction in the N400 form

You may submit one check or money order for both the application and biometric fees, for a total of $675.00.

The filing fee for a Form N-400 is $595.00.

Use the following guidelines when you prepare your check or money order for the Form N-400 and the biometric service fee:

1. The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other financial institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency; and

2. Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, unless:

A. If you live in Guam and are filing your petition there, make it payable to Treasurer, Guam.

B. If you live in the U.S. Virgin Islands and are filing your petition there, make it payable to Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands.

NOTE: Please spell out U.S. Department of Homeland Security; do not use the initials "USDHS" or "DHS."

A. If you live in Guam and are filing your petition there, make it payable to Treasurer, Guam.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Interesting. The embassy in Italy had a form like this earlier in the year when I was researching, but it had military information on it. I didn't send this in with my wife's application so we'll see if we get an RFE.

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

HI, I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THE EXPEDITED NAT. 319b, AND I HAVE A QUESTION I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH. I JUST GOT MY GREEN CARD 6 MOTHS AGO, MY HUSBAND IS MILITARY AND WE'RE MOVING OVERSEAS (JAPAN), WE WILL BE THERE FOR 3 YEARS. SO, I WANT TO APPLY FOR THAT BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME TO START THE PROCESS HERE ON THE UNITED STATES BECAUSE WE ARE LEAVING IN LESS THAN A WEEK. I CALLED THE USCIS AND THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T QUALIFY, IT JUST SOUND LIKE THEIR AGENTS DON'T KNOW A LOT ABOUT IT, I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING HERE ON THE WEB AND I THINK I DO QUALIFY, MY QUESTION IS, CAN I START THE PROCESS FORM JAPAN, AND DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA WHERE DO I NEED TO SEND THE N400? I READ THAT YOU DID EVERYTHING YOURSELF I MEAN WITHOUT A LAWYER, I DOESN'T SOUND VERY COMPLICATED I THINK I CAN DO IT MYSELF TOO... WELL, I WILL APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. THANKS

HI, I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THE EXPEDITED NAT. 319b, AND I HAVE A QUESTION I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH. I JUST GOT MY GREEN CARD 6 MOTHS AGO, MY HUSBAND IS MILITARY AND WE'RE MOVING OVERSEAS (JAPAN), WE WILL BE THERE FOR 3 YEARS. SO, I WANT TO APPLY FOR THAT BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME TO START THE PROCESS HERE ON THE UNITED STATES BECAUSE WE ARE LEAVING IN LESS THAN A WEEK. I CALLED THE USCIS AND THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T QUALIFY, IT JUST SOUND LIKE THEIR AGENTS DON'T KNOW A LOT ABOUT IT, I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING HERE ON THE WEB AND I THINK I DO QUALIFY, MY QUESTION IS, CAN I START THE PROCESS FORM JAPAN, AND DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA WHERE DO I NEED TO SEND THE N400? I READ THAT YOU DID EVERYTHING YOURSELF I MEAN WITHOUT A LAWYER, I DOESN'T SOUND VERY COMPLICATED I THINK I CAN DO IT MYSELF TOO... WELL, I WILL APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. THANKS

I think you definitely apply. I own a US company and do business overseas, so I am applying as well...for my wife....our case is a little less clean cut than the military cases.

Anyway, this thread has tons of information regarding military spouses and how to apply under 319b. You should probably apply to have your interview at the Fairfax office, although you might be able to have it in Guam or Hawaii if that's easier from Japan. Either way, you will have to return to US soil for your interview.

Good luck! I'm putting ours in the mail today!!!

DCF London

2007-08-09 Married

2008-02-15 (Day 1) Filed I-130 for CR-1

2008-02-20 (Day 6) Received RFE

2008-02-21 (Day 7) Returned RFE

2008-02-26 (Day 12) Credit card charged $355

2008-05-15 (Day 92) Received RFE

2008-05-16 (Day 93) Returned RFE

2008-06-11 (Day 119) Received RFE in the form of face-to-face interview on 17 June.

2008-06-17 (Day 125) RFE interview

2008-06-23 (Day 131) Received Packet 3

2008-06-24 (Day 132) Returned Checklist, DS-230

2008-07-03 (Day 141) Received Packet 4

2008-07-09 (Day 147) Medical (approved)

2008-07-18 (Day 158) Interview (approved)

2008-07-22 (Day 162) Passport and visa in hand

2008-07-25 (Day 165) POE - Atlanta, GA

ROC

2010-05-25 (Day 1) Mailed off I-751, check, and evidence to VSC

2010-06-07 (Day 15) Received NOA1, dated 2010-05-27

2010-07-30 (Day 66) Received Bio Appt letter, scheduled for 2010-08-16; will be out of town

2010-07-30 (Day 66) Mailed off request for new appointment date

2011-05-23 (Day 363) Biometrics appointment

2011-07-11 (Day 412) Conditions Removed

N-400

2012-10-23 (Day 1) Mailed N-400 Application (PHX)

2012-12-06 (Day 44) Biometrics appointment (PHX)

2013-01-29 (Day 98) Interview (approved)

Timeline

I think you definitely apply. I own a US company and do business overseas, so I am applying as well...for my wife....our case is a little less clean cut than the military cases.

Anyway, this thread has tons of information regarding military spouses and how to apply under 319b. You should probably apply to have your interview at the Fairfax office, although you might be able to have it in Guam or Hawaii if that's easier from Japan. Either way, you will have to return to US soil for your interview.

Good luck! I'm putting ours in the mail today!!!

Goodluck to you and your wife! Keep us posted.

Timeline

Hi,

Some of them are not aware of the expedited process of naturalization under 319b, do not be suprise..

If your husband is military it will help much more to expedite the process. I have attached the documents here for you to read and yes, you can file the application by sending it by mail, to the address of USCIS Service Center with jurisdiction of your place.

Edited by Completely

Timeline

Hi,

Some of them are not aware of the expedited process of naturalization under 319b, do not be suprise..

If your husband is military it will help much more to expedite the process. I have attached the documents here for you to read and yes, you can file the application by sending it by mail, to the address of USCIS Service Center with jurisdiction of your place.

I can not upload the file, try to search the forum some of them attached the article of 319b.

Timeline

Don't listen to USCIS on the phone. They told me expedited naturalization doesn't exist when I called. There's some military specific information on this page. http://italy.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/services/N-400.asp and from the list of forms on that page, it looks like you can do it from overseas as well.

K1 Journey

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

12/12/07 - Biometrics

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

• 2 weeks later...

Don't listen to USCIS on the phone. They told me expedited naturalization doesn't exist when I called. There's some military specific information on this page. http://italy.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/services/N-400.asp and from the list of forms on that page, it looks like you can do it from overseas as well.

Hi Feyser,

Why the delay between filing and the check being cashed? Our check was just cashed on the 29th (we filed on the 22nd). Is this a good sign? What, exactly, is the NOA....notice of approval? Notice of arrival? Will it contain an interview date?

And if we do get an interview date, does that mean they have accepted our 319b request and that my wife just needs to pass the language and civics test and swear to all the good moral character stuff?

I am so excited that the check cleared, but i have no idea what that means!!! Has anyone ever had their check accepted and then been turned down?

DCF London

2007-08-09 Married

2008-06-11 (Day 119) Received RFE in the form of face-to-face interview on 17 June.

ROC

2010-07-30 (Day 66) Received Bio Appt letter, scheduled for 2010-08-16; will be out of town

N-400

Timeline

Hi Feyser,

Why the delay between filing and the check being cashed? Our check was just cashed on the 29th (we filed on the 22nd). Is this a good sign? What, exactly, is the NOA....notice of approval? Notice of arrival? Will it contain an interview date?

And if we do get an interview date, does that mean they have accepted our 319b request and that my wife just needs to pass the language and civics test and swear to all the good moral character stuff?

If they cashed the check, meaning they received your paperwork.. How did you mail your package? Did you put return receipt? Did you mail through registered mail?

I am so excited that the check cleared, but i have no idea what that means!!! Has anyone ever had their check accepted and then been turned down?

I mailed mine, through registered mail so I can track it, and a return receipt. The return receipt came back to me indicating that my package was received in Mesquite, Texas.. After a week, my sister in law received a letter from USCIS, stating that I overpaid them and will return the 80$ by mail. I never received it though.. (that mail is called NOA1.) They told me that interview will be after 265 days. but after a month I received again another letter regarding my interview.(NOA2)

NOA - Notice of Action

When you receive the first NOA, you will have a file number and you can track this in the USCIS website.. But this website is not accurate, but still they put there when they received it.

Goodluck!

Edited by Completely

Timeline

Not everyone is aware of 319.. I filed mine overseas. CHeck other forums that discussed 319b, click it in search. YOu will find useful information in there regarding needed documentation. You need to send the package where the jurisdiction of your place.

If you need help feel free to pm me.

Edited by Completely

Timeline
Hi Feyser,

If they cashed the check, meaning they received your paperwork.. How did you mail your package? Did you put return receipt? Did you mail through registered mail?

I had my U.S. Senator contact the Congressional Liaison Department at the Nebraska Service Center. First they said they couldn't find the application, then they said there was a discrepancy of information on the application and were waiting for approval, and finally they said that sometimes it just takes awhile... Whatever, processing has begun so hopefully it will go fast.

NOA stands for Notice of Action. It's the I-797 letter you get in the mail after your case is received and in normal processing. Next should be a letter saying when biometrics (fingerprinting) is and then the interview letter. I'm not sure at what point we are approved to apply through section 319. I'd really like to know too. I would think they wouldn't start processing if it wasn't ok. I'm not sure how my application was sent because I hired a lawyer to check into 319 and do it for me. I used a cashier's check. I work at a bank so I was able to watch and see when it was cashed.

K1 Journey

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

12/12/07 - Biometrics

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Well, we received our I-797C in the mail today which stated that our case has been transferred to the National Benefits Center to help with processing, but that this would not affect anything. It also said that we should hear back from them regarding the place and time for the interview within 450 days. I sure hope it doesn't take that long!

We are thrilled that our case has moved forward another step!

DCF London

2007-08-09 Married

ROC

N-400

Timeline
Well, we received our I-797C in the mail today which stated that our case has been transferred to the National Benefits Center to help with processing, but that this would not affect anything. It also said that we should hear back from them regarding the place and time for the interview within 450 days. I sure hope it doesn't take that long!

Congratulations!

Do not worry that 450 days usually is shorter.. My first notice indicated that the interview will be within 365 days but I received a letter after 30 days.. Might a little bit different because the election is finished (i just assume) but let us remain positive..

Congratulations!

Do not worry that 450 days usually is shorter.. My first notice indicated that the interview will be within 365 days but I received a letter after 30 days.. Might a little bit different because the election is finished (i just assume) but let us remain positive..

Thanks Completely. Very glad we will not have to wait 450 days! I have heard that others who went through Atlanta get the same letter, regarding being transferred to the NBC and the 450 day wait. Hopefully we will get an interview letter in by late December/early January. Will it come via postal mail or email?

By the way, we requested an interview in early February or late March to work around the delivery of our baby girl! Hope we get it. Also, do we have to leave the US within 45 days of the interview or the oath?

DCF London

2007-08-09 Married

ROC

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.